Nürburgring - GT-R '07 trophy

  • Thread starter Thread starter MuRRe
  • 25 comments
  • 3,295 views
Messages
483
Sweden
@Home
Messages
WTF-MuRRe
I need a super good tune for the GT-R '07 so I can start working against the Trophy "GT-R Official Record".
Thanks in advance
 
You know you need the stock GT-R to obtain the trophy?


raVer
 
You know you need the stock GT-R to obtain the trophy?


raVer

Really?
I almost thought that was the case :(.
So buy it and do NOTHING?

Can I do it through the Practice option?
 
Really?
I almost thought that was the case :(.
So buy it and do NOTHING?

you have to do it in arcade mode on sport hard tyres for it to count.
 
8 minutes first try.
Need to shave of 30 seconds.
Doesn't seem impossible actually.
Thanks for the help :)'


Running with a DS controller :D
 
When the time turns red does that mean you wont get the trophy even if your under the time?
 
When the time turns red does that mean you wont get the trophy even if your under the time?

I don't know for sure but I'm going to say yes, that is what that means, because you could do the huge shortcuts that exist on the 'ring and have your time count.
 
I don't know for sure but I'm going to say yes, that is what that means, because you could do the huge shortcuts that exist on the 'ring and have your time count.

Seems logic.
Any advice on AIDS?
As I said I'm not playing with a wheel but it seems some aids hurts the acceleration of the car ALOT?!
 
I'm moving this to the Q&A, since by definition, it can't really have much to do with tuning :)
 
I'm moving this to the Q&A, since by definition, it can't really have much to do with tuning :)

Thanks.
This is hard :D
Hovering around 8 minutes.
Anyone got some section times for me so that I know where I have to work the most?
 
Goto GTPlanet´s GT 5 Video forum and search for the "Offical GT-R NUR Record" thread.
You can watch Videos of people who have done this trophy there.


raVer
 
If you really, really can't do it turn Skid recovery on and everything else off, I would try not to use aids though as SFR is cheating really!:guilty:
 
Yup, this thing is driving me nuts as well. I tried the technique of gradually moving from mid comfort to softs, then the sports hard tyres. I think this does help to teach the technique of the course, but its still a bastard none the less. I've also tried all aids off, but I only seem to get away with this with the Sport Hards (the others lose wayyyyy too much control at speed). Anyhow, I got a 7:58 with the Comfort Softs the other night so I'm chipping away now with the Sport Hard.

I think its just a matter of time…and how long the fun versus pain-in-the-ass ratio holds up. Bugs me that I am wasting lots of time on a no-credits activity in the game.
 
My best time was 7.30.150, after many atempts and may days trying. Then I just switch on the skid recovery force and I manage to win the trophy.

At that time, I was using racing soft tyres, and a full tuning on all of my cars. Now, after doing the GT-R trophy, all the licenses and almost all of the special events - gold, I drive them stock with the tyres they come.

Now, I don't have problems running with the stock GT-R without aids on Nurburgring, and be fast enough, and the GT-R became my the very favorite car.

Nurburgring is a very long track and has lots of turns, and be aware, you can take them faster than you think

Keep practising you'll definitly need it to golden the AMG Academy :)
 
Last edited:
What I did, was doing the AMG event until i had golded all of them. That way, youll learn to know the track almost by heart so you dont have to worry so much about which corner comes next when you race te GT-R. Took me a few days to finally achieve the record time but it is doable.
 
I've got this trophy!!! And I'm a DS3 user.
 
Thanks.
This is hard :D
Hovering around 8 minutes.
Anyone got some section times for me so that I know where I have to work the most?

Don't know what section you hare having most problem with, but it seems like most people are struggling with the section from carousel to döttinger höhe. If you're unsure of the lines to chose there you might want to practice the section in the AMG driving school a couple of times.
 
Just asking dose the GT-R have to be stock
 
Just asking dose the GT-R have to be stock

Yes and you have to use sports hard tires. I think you can use comfort tires but I don't see why you would do that because sports tires are better. You go to arcade, go to time trial ajd you choose the GT-R '07. Then make sure you have sports hard tires on. You can use assists but the only ones I'll recommend putting on are Skid Recovery Force, ABS and maybe traction control but it will probably slow you down. If you are going to put traction control on don't put it any higher than 3. Think of it this way, 1 = low, 2 = medium and 3 = high and off is obviously off. Try 1, 2, 3 and off and use whichever setting gives you faster lap times. BTW is it tires or tyres?
 
did it at 2nd lap after doing amg special(beginner to expert)
i was just practising in nurburgring that way
 
Ferrari_1996
Yes and you have to use sports hard tires. I think you can use comfort tires but I don't see why you would do that because sports tires are better. You go to arcade, go to time trial ajd you choose the GT-R '07. Then make sure you have sports hard tires on. You can use assists but the only ones I'll recommend putting on are Skid Recovery Force, ABS and maybe traction control but it will probably slow you down. If you are going to put traction control on don't put it any higher than 3. Think of it this way, 1 = low, 2 = medium and 3 = high and off is obviously off. Try 1, 2, 3 and off and use whichever setting gives you faster lap times. BTW is it tires or tyres?

Ok ferrari
 
I think both are correct but it depends where you live, i.e. America or UK.
Just like 'breaks' is the correct word in the English dictionary, but the American word is 'brakes'.
 
Back