Nürburgring Nordschleife - BMW M3 Lap challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter swedish
  • 31 comments
  • 4,185 views
Messages
3
Hi all this is my first post on GTplanet but iv'e been surfing around here for some years now since early GT3. I really like the site and it has provided me with much good info about the world of GT. When I saw the lap posting section I got all warm inside. I think this leader and lap board will be far better then GTtimes.com.

anyhow I noticed a good lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, in a stock BMW M3, 04 with N2 spec tires to simulate real world tires. I always race/do lap times in stock cars with N2's on them. the User (akhbhaat) Posted a nice time on page 6/7 under Nürburgring Nordschleife. so I did 2 laps and came out with my time on the same page useing a stock m3,04 and N2 tires.

I have a sharkport for game save download and replay data. I will be buying a capture card for the comp soon so perhaps I can capture the lap replay and divx it and post it here.

anyhow I post a 8:17.907 at Nürburgring Nordschleife N2 Tires - TCS=0 ASM=0
if anyone is upto the task of a battle that be great. here is a link to a screen shot
http://www3.telus.net/shutter/m3n2.jpg

thanks for the read and I look forward to someone beating my time :)
 
i dont have any method of takin a picture of my time but i will be happy to take up you chalenge if you are prepaired to trust me with me times ? i might not even be able to beat u lol
 
oh, and what M3 does it have to be ? i have the M3 gtr and csl ??
 
swedish
Hi all this is my first post on GTplanet but iv'e been surfing around here for some years now since early GT3. I really like the site and it has provided me with much good info about the world of GT. When I saw the lap posting section I got all warm inside. I think this leader and lap board will be far better then GTtimes.com.

anyhow I noticed a good lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, in a stock BMW M3, 04 with N2 spec tires to simulate real world tires. I always race/do lap times in stock cars with N2's on them. the User (akhbhaat) Posted a nice time on page 6/7 under Nürburgring Nordschleife. so I did 2 laps and came out with my time on the same page useing a stock m3,04 and N2 tires.

I have a sharkport for game save download and replay data. I will be buying a capture card for the comp soon so perhaps I can capture the lap replay and divx it and post it here.

anyhow I post a 8:17.907 at Nürburgring Nordschleife N2 Tires - TCS=0 ASM=0
if anyone is upto the task of a battle that be great. here is a link to a screen shot
http://www3.telus.net/shutter/m3n2.jpg

thanks for the read and I look forward to someone beating my time :)

No way to get my times verified (see my post on verification submission thread)but ready to see what I can do in Arcade Mode- Time Trail with a:

- No driving aids
- BMW M3 2004 (not CSL, not GTR!)
- completely stock
- no modification to power, no modification to weight
- with N2 tires (I'm used to N3 tires, actually I drive my GT4 cars only with N3 tires!)
- Manual transmission.

...on the Nurburgring.

I've already started to do almost the same on the Suzuka and Infinineon Sport in a M3 and a Mercury XR7 (67):

- No driving aids
- completely stock,
- no modification to power, no modification to weight,
- with N3 tires.
- DFP steering.
- Manual transmission.

Suzuka:
BMW M3 02.26.992
Mercury 02.34.807

Infineon
BMW M3 01.49.808
Mercury 01.54.226


I would like us to do a list with at least 3 cars that are fun to drive and share our times on the nicest like-real tracks (Suzuka, Cote D'Azur, Tsukuba, Nurburgring, etc) with the same rules:

- Arcade mode
- Time trial
- No driving aids
- completely stock,
- no modification to power, no modification to weight,
- with N? tires (to be discussed!)
- Manual transmission?

What do you think about that?
 
Hey guys , I did my time in Sim mode under $5 free run,
and I did it with the following

TCS=0 ---
ASM=0 -- Both set to this under the cars settings page
Stock M3,04 (not the GTR or CSL versions)
Stock weight
no mods to anything

N2 spec tires, I can go and do a time on N3 I figure about 6 secs faster! with N3 tires but I was wondering if someone could answer back with N2 tires but if someone wants to post a N3 time then I will come back with one to battle it!

Good luck and lets post our results in this thread for now. if you have a image of the time then post a link that would be great, but if you dont lets keep this comp here for now. I only felt it was right to post it in the scoreboard cuz I have a sharkport and a few digital cameras around to take images. but I will trust you guys on the fourm here when posting times. my next lap I do I will post the sector times from around the track too..!!

GOOD luck. (I'd be ok if you did it in Aracde mode but I think Arcade is a little bit easier to drive then sim aka Brakes in Arcade work better, but give it a shot and I will too)
 
swedish
Hey guys , I did my time in Sim mode under $5 free run,
and I did it with the following

TCS=0 ---
ASM=0 -- Both set to this under the cars settings page
Stock M3,04 (not the GTR or CSL versions)
Stock weight
no mods to anything

And the name of the racetrack is?

swedish
Good luck and lets post our results in this thread for now. if you have a image of the time then post a link that would be great, but if you dont lets keep this comp here for now. I only felt it was right to post it in the scoreboard cuz I have a sharkport and a few digital cameras around to take images. but I will trust you guys on the fourm here when posting times. my next lap I do I will post the sector times from around the track too..!!

I dont know if the mods will let us put our times in this particulary thread. I heard it is only for "weird" lap times!
I'm still waiting for some news from the mods about that...

swedish
GOOD luck. (I'd be ok if you did it in Aracde mode but I think Arcade is a little bit easier to drive then sim aka Brakes in Arcade work better, but give it a shot and I will too)

Are you sure about this arcade mode versus sim mode differences in brakes performance? I never realized that...

So we have to decide now which one we will take...

If the sim mode is more realistic, I dont care about the 5 bucks spent every time we go there...
What do you think?
I'm trying the sim mode tonight to see the difference...

Screen pics to show lap time are ok for me!
 
I know why I choose arcade mode... I can be sure everytime I take a car, it is not one I already modified!

So like this I started the game and go directly to time trials on arcade mode!

But I just saw in the leaderboard (in the sim mode) a lot of people (with modified cars, maybe that's why?) who submit their lap times, so I don't know what we have to do...

I'm trying both (Arcade mode and Sim mode) tonigh!
Try it on your side and we can discuss about it tomorrow...

Have a good night!
 
So i tried last night to see a difference between arcade mod and sim mod!
I did 02.26.XXX on Suzuka after 7 laps on arcade mode.
I did 02.25.XXX after 3 laps on simulation mode!

So I still think we must go with the arcade mode, this will ensure that we are using a car with no modification at all and with no accumulated mileage that could affect the horsepower.

- So Arcade Mode > Time trial
- No modification at all on power and weigth,
- N3 tires (like very good and expensive road tires in reality),
- No driving aids at all,
- I dont care about transmission (in fact it could be interesting to see what's best)
- DFP for me, what about you...
- At least two wheels always on the track or the curbs (white and red bumps) , no hitting on the walls!

Suzuka track to start the challenge with a BMW 2002 turbo 1973!


Everybody agree with the N3 tires and the other stuff?

When you submit a time on this thread, say if you were on auto or manual and also with a controller or a DFP...
... and keep a picture or a replay of your best lap!

Enjoy the track
 
I agree with Nurb on the following

- So Arcade Mode > Time trial
- No modification at all on power and weigth,
- N3 tires (like very good and expensive road tires in reality),
- No driving aids at all,
- I dont care about transmission (in fact it could be interesting to see what's best)
- DFP for me, what about you...
- At least two wheels always on the track or the curbs (white and red bumps) , no hitting on the walls!


Sounds good and on that 3,04 Suzuka note I'll try to get a better lap.
going for a mid 2:25.XXX N3 stock Arcade M3,04 with N3 tires.

I drive with a DS2 I have a wheel but I have noting to strap it to
, I need to build a cockpit for the game :( anyhow I also
drive in manual.


cheers
Swed.
 
Moving this thread to its proper forum. "Spot Races and Lap Time Comparissons."

:)
 
swedish
I agree with Nurb on the following

- So Arcade Mode > Time trial
- No modification at all on power and weigth,
- N3 tires (like very good and expensive road tires in reality),
- No driving aids at all,
- I dont care about transmission (in fact it could be interesting to see what's best)
- DFP for me, what about you...
- At least two wheels always on the track or the curbs (white and red bumps) , no hitting on the walls!


Sounds good and on that 3,04 Suzuka note I'll try to get a better lap.
going for a mid 2:25.XXX N3 stock Arcade M3,04 with N3 tires.

I drive with a DS2 I have a wheel but I have noting to strap it to
, I need to build a cockpit for the game :( anyhow I also
drive in manual.


cheers
Swed.

Go for it, built a cockpit! It's so easy and rewarding (see my signature for ideas)...

I'll give lap times for Suzuka (try to go to for a mid 2.25.XXX too), Infineon and Nurburgring with the M3 '04 and next car will be the 2002 turbo '73 N3 tires...
next post in 2 or 3 days.

Hope more people will join us...

Have a nice week-end.
 
Here we go with somme hot (I hope) laps I did...

- So Arcade Mode > Time trial
- No modification at all on power and weigth,
- N3 tires (road),
- No driving aids at all,
- Manual,
- DFP for me.
- At least two wheels always on the track or the curbs (white and red bumps) , no hitting on the walls!


BMW 2002 Turbo 1973
Nurb 09’09.988
Infineon 02’00.629
Suzuka 02’42.786
Tsukuba 01’11.368
Monaco 02’04.562

BMW M3 2004
Nurb 08’06.621
Infineon 01’49.808
Suzuka 02’25.478
Tsukuba 01’05.012
Monaco 01’52.625

BMW M3 CSL
Nurb 07’57.002
Infineon 01’46.342

What about you?
 
hispeed
M3 GTR stock (auto/DS2)


on arcade mode or sim mode?
with N3 or S3?
More details, please, like this we can try it too...
 
If only he had it on the red toolbox. Then we would know. ;)
 
If you see in upper left corner: Time Trial (arcade mode). S3 tires. No driving aids. No mods.
 
hispeed
If you see in upper left corner: Time Trial (arcade mode). S3 tires. No driving aids. No mods.

He also has used the wrong car!

He used the M3 GTR Race Car and not the standard M3....
 
Ok, I raced the GTR after seeing post #12, felt the GTR was missing, if this post was only for the normal M3 i'm so sorry. Still quite satisfied with the time though :)
 
This thread will be more and more interesting if you send laptimes... :)

- So Arcade Mode > Time trial
- No modification at all on power and weigth,
- N3 tires (road),
- No driving aids at all,
- At least two wheels always on the track or the curbs (white and red bumps) , no hitting on the walls!
 
Hmm I was just about to get into this when I noticed its gone from N2 tires to N3, why N3? I thought kazanori said N2's were the sim tires.

Anyway I'll do an N2 lap and see how it compares.

Great work on the cockpit nurburgring 👍
 
Ok my first lap:

BMW M3 '04 Nurburgring N2 tires no mods stock settings TCS 0 ASM's 0
Sim mode Free Run

8'01.538

I did change the oil before starting of course.

^ Just for the first post by Swedish, will do another run in arcade mode later.
 
Arcade Mode, No Driving aids, No tuning, N2 tires.


BMW 2002 Turbo '73 at Suzuka:

2'44.565

^ Great car, it moves around alot with the sim tires.


BMW M3 CSL '03 at Infineon SP:

1'46.328
 
Dr GT
Arcade Mode, No Driving aids, No tuning, N2 tires.


BMW 2002 Turbo '73 at Suzuka:

2'44.565

^ Great car, it moves around alot with the sim tires.


BMW M3 CSL '03 at Infineon SP:

1'46.328

Dr Gt, I'm happy that someone is trying to give some laptimes.
I'll do (as soon as possible, I'm moving!) to beat your times in N2... :)
Continue and I think we will have fun to compare.
 
nurburgring
Dr Gt, I'm happy that someone is trying to give some laptimes.
I'll do (as soon as possible, I'm moving!) to beat your times in N2... :)
Continue and I think we will have fun to compare.

Cool, sounds great :)

I did a bit of experimentation with race cars comparing them to real life lap times, it seems for race cars the tires closest to real life are somewhere between N3's and S1's. Maybe we should be using N3's for our racecars and N2's for our road cars, what do you think?? Unless we use arcade mode then we are stuck with R1's for the racecars.
 
Dr GT
Arcade Mode, No Driving aids, No tuning, N2 tires.


BMW 2002 Turbo '73 at Suzuka:

2'44.565

^ Great car, it moves around alot with the sim tires.


BMW M3 CSL '03 at Infineon SP:

1'46.328

Damn, you're good!

I tried 5 laps on Suzuka with the 2002 turbo (N2): 2'47.994
And 4 laps with the M3 CSL (N2) on Infineon: 1'49.497

Ok, My headacke didn't help for this time but I will continue to try reaching your driving habilities... :)

For the tires, N2 is great for road cars.
N3 looks like a little too slippery for race cars, but if you did a good time comparison, it's ok for me.

I want the game to be as close as the real experience... :dopey:

I have a NTSC system, here in North America: do you have the same?
 
nurburgring
I want the game to be as close as the real experience... :dopey:

I have a NTSC system, here in North America: do you have the same?

Good on you nurb its great to come across someone whos into using the sim tires 👍

I've got a PAL copy.

I'll put in some more times over the weekend :)

I get plenty of practice on N tires, the guys that I GT4 LAN with everyweek all use them and are happy to hear that you are getting as real as possible with the game like us 👍
 
Dr GT
Good on you nurb its great to come across someone whos into using the sim tires 👍

I've got a PAL copy.

I'll put in some more times over the weekend :)

I get plenty of practice on N tires, the guys that I GT4 LAN with everyweek all use them and are happy to hear that you are getting as real as possible with the game like us 👍

PAL vs NTSC, is there any difference affecting the game?
If yes, I would like to know what's different...
Anyway, I'm happy too to find people that are playing most of the time with N tires...

In fact, I'm around 26% in the sim mode and don't really care about it!
I have to put back my PS2 in the box... I'm moving!
And I have to do a foldable cockpit (it will be a lot nicer than the prototype!) because my girlfriend is complaning about the space i need and the danger to scrap the new varnish on the floor... :)

More news and lap times in a week...
We have to keep in touch, I enjoy this "competition" we share...
Do you sleep when I'm working?
I thing you're living just "under me" (on the opposite side of planet Earth)!
Internet is a weird experience sometimes...
 
nurburgring
PAL vs NTSC, is there any difference affecting the game?
If yes, I would like to know what's different...
Anyway, I'm happy too to find people that are playing most of the time with N tires...

In fact, I'm around 26% in the sim mode and don't really care about it!
I have to put back my PS2 in the box... I'm moving!
And I have to do a foldable cockpit (it will be a lot nicer than the prototype!) because my girlfriend is complaning about the space i need and the danger to scrap the new varnish on the floor... :)

More news and lap times in a week...
We have to keep in touch, I enjoy this "competition" we share...
Do you sleep when I'm working?
I thing you're living just "under me" (on the opposite side of planet Earth)!
Internet is a weird experience sometimes...

Yup I'm on the other side of the world :) I think on top though ;)
World_Map.jpg


Yeah the internet is great :)
Hope your move is going well, I'm pretty busy with study during the week but will post some more times up in the weekend.

I think PAL and NTSC is the same, we've had many competitions on the net between the different formats. My friend here has NTSC and PAL playstations and GT4 so I will check with them.
I reckon there might be about 6-8 hours difference between our times, we are 12 hours ahead of GMT here.
Look forward to seeing that cockpit.
 
Dr GT
Yup I'm on the other side of the world :) I think on top though ;)
World_Map.jpg


Yeah the internet is great :)
Hope your move is going well, I'm pretty busy with study during the week but will post some more times up in the weekend.

I think PAL and NTSC is the same, we've had many competitions on the net between the different formats. My friend here has NTSC and PAL playstations and GT4 so I will check with them.
I reckon there might be about 6-8 hours difference between our times, we are 12 hours ahead of GMT here.
Look forward to seeing that cockpit.

I like a lot "your" vision fo the world. :)

I'm currently finishing my DFP mods: A quick release on the shaft of the steering wheel will give me the possiblity to switch between my DFP original wheel and a bigger wood and aluminium wheel from the sixties...
I removed all the buttons except the gear changes on the DFP wheel. It is a lot nicer and more realistic!

Pics in a few days!
 
swedish
Hi all this is my first post on GTplanet but iv'e been surfing around here for some years now since early GT3. I really like the site and it has provided me with much good info about the world of GT. When I saw the lap posting section I got all warm inside. I think this leader and lap board will be far better then GTtimes.com.

anyhow I noticed a good lap on the Nürburgring Nordschleife, in a stock BMW M3, 04 with N2 spec tires to simulate real world tires. I always race/do lap times in stock cars with N2's on them. the User (akhbhaat) Posted a nice time on page 6/7 under Nürburgring Nordschleife. so I did 2 laps and came out with my time on the same page useing a stock m3,04 and N2 tires.

I have a sharkport for game save download and replay data. I will be buying a capture card for the comp soon so perhaps I can capture the lap replay and divx it and post it here.

anyhow I post a 8:17.907 at Nürburgring Nordschleife N2 Tires - TCS=0 ASM=0
if anyone is upto the task of a battle that be great. here is a link to a screen shot
http://www3.telus.net/shutter/m3n2.jpg

thanks for the read and I look forward to someone beating my time :)

Did you push the car or just made a run? You must have understeered in some turn in the track, cause I have 8'13.420(N2 tire arcade mode stock) so far & still think there's a lot of improvement possible for my run...
 
Back