Naked Bike Race Series

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 125 comments
I've started practicing with the Brutale at Amalfi. I've gotten down to a high 2:21. The first hairpin is the single most important turn on the entire track. You can gain and lose enormous time there. The two super-sharp hairpins just before the front straight are kind of tedious, because you can't even race them. You just have to slow the bike down to a crawl, turn it over and wait forever for the bike to complete it's turn.

^^ Agreed, I did a few laps there just to see what's coming, I ran a 2:21 or 2:22 but had to bring it down to literally 12mph on those 2 last turns.

Well...I ran El Cap this morning and then forgot to bring my times with me to work. :dunce: Hopefully I'll remember to grab it at lunch.

Edit: I set up an Excel sheet for the Race series. It can be found here for any who are interested. I am not responsible for any problems the file may have. User be warned. :) Also, if anyone knows of a better place to put it, please let me know as I was having some problems with depositefiles.com

Edie edit: Or try this link instead.

Thanks fellas.

I like the street bikes and knowing that we can toss 2 bad laps makes it easier to relax and push the bike. I got lucky and managed 5 in the 1.55 range while my other 2 were some beautiful wrecks.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8464/elcapitannbs5gh.jpg

Apoligies for the quality of the SS, best I could do with my crappy camera.

Good Luck all on Amalfi, I wanna hop on that Brutale right now but still trying to solve Laguna for the 600 RM series and I can't handle more than one bike/track combo at a time. :dunce:

Congrats, saspo.

El Cap teaches you patience. Amalfi teaches you weight transfer.

I don't like weight transfer.

My laps at El Cap sucked. I had huge wipeouts before long straights on a few laps and I couldn't get back under 1'57. I'm the worst racer in a series I created :ouch:

We need to get more people in here.

Any suggestions on how to go about doing that? I've already got it in my sig...

Edit: Is anyone using the Excel spreadsheet I set up?

I am using it.

And I should mention that it's not too late for someone to enter. With only four competitors and 1 round down no one is too far behind to do well. I should also mention that I'm lousy at TT and have no time to practice so you can always count on not being last ;)

I was messing around with an extreme body lean form and managed a 2'20.800 on Amalfi, over the course of 7 laps most of them are still 2'22-2'23, as long as I don't get a violent dismount from one of the low walls.:scared:

dbartucci
I am using it.

And I should mention that it's not too late for someone to enter. With only four competitors and 1 round down no one is too far behind to do well. I should also mention that I'm lousy at TT and have no time to practice so you can always count on not being last ;)

Well I'll enter, since it's not too late.
I've read through the thread but I'm a little confused as to how the timing and laps are set up though. Does it mean that we take the 5 fastest laps out of 7+1 hotlap? How do you keep track of the time for each lap? And what's a hotlap?

lol, sorry for all the questions, I'm kinda new to this board:dunce:

Ok, one more. Where do I submit my times?

Just so you have an idea where I'm standing I took a few laps on El Capitan with the Z1000 and my best time was 1:57:144. Guess I got some work to do.:scared:

Welcome Trussii, good to have another rider join in, this really is a fun series dbartucci picked some great bike and track combos.

To get your race time, run 8 laps in TT practice mode and watch the replay.
Ignore the first lap(warm-up), then write down the lap times and pick your best 5 clean laps. Total them up and thats it. As far as I know, a hot lap is just a lap run at high speed.

Submit your 5 best laps and the total in a private message to dbartucci by Friday of that week.

If you're running 1'57's after a few laps on El Capitan with the Z1000, then you don't have much work to do at all, in fact ,better slow down for safety! :sly:

I finally started to put together some good laps at Amalfi today. I got down into the low 2:19 range. I'll probably submit my times in a couple of days.

Hi Trussii, welcome to the series. saspo is exactly correct. To do a race, take the right bike for a given week to the right track for a given week, using practice in Challenge mode (not arcade mode). Then run 8 laps. The first lap is a warm-up lap, so you can get re-familiarized with the track. Then the next 7 laps ride it as fast as you can (without cheating) and exit the race. Then watch your replay (on fast forward if you want ;)) and record your times for those 7 laps. Then shoot me a PM with those times sometime before Friday.

We are currently on Week 2, but if no one objects I'll let you submit your times for Week 1 and Week 2 this week.

dbartucci
We are currently on Week 2, but if no one objects I'll let you submit your times for Week 1 and Week 2 this week.
No objections here. And welcome to the club, Trussii651. :)

It's not looking good for me for Amalfi. I havn't done more than 10 laps there yet, and tonight is my last chance, as I no longer have internet access at home to be able to PM my times. :guilty:

I guess I might as well at least run the 5 laps. Even if I clock in 3 minute laps, I'l still get points. 💡

I submitted my times for week 2. I think I did okay.

Just for the record, I rode the silver Brutale, and my riding gear was the Shoei X-9 Ray (TC-1, red) helmet, RS Taichi GP Evo racing gloves (black), RS Taichi Dry Master Team Winter Jacket (red), Ku****ani Grand Daytona suit (black/white), and XPD X-Combat boots. But why don't I just show you instead?

I took an SR400 to Autumn Ring today and ran about a dozen laps. I got down into the 1:34 range. Turns 2 through 7 (between the first hairpin and the front straight on Autum Ring Mini) are probably the most important for me. They're a very fussy series of left-right-left-left-right-right turns that I really want to push the bike through. But if you push it, you're out of shape. You have to be patient so you don't overdo it.

By the way, I'm really liking the combination of bikes and tracks so far.

Thanks for the comments about the bikes/tracks.

I've received times from a few people, but I don't have time to post calculate today.

But don't worry, I haven't forgotten. I'll post tomorrow.

Thats a sweet pic martial, I would have a decent run going on Amalfi and butcher it right on that very corner :ouch:

Had a go at Autumn Ring, running 1.34's, trying different lines through that section martial mentioned, ( I call it The Pipe, looks like plumbing to me on the track map) :) Still undecided on a rider form, I tried 3 very different custom forms and got similiar results with all of them. Have to mess with the final gear ratio and see what works best.

Fun bike, fun track.

I'm still running 1:34s at Autum Ring. I'm finally starting to get a smooth line through The Pipe (good name for that section, saspo), but for some reason, I've started screwing up more in other sections, so my lap times aren't changing. I've started getting a better run onto the front straight which means my bike is hitting the rev limiter too soon, so I'll have to adjust the final drive ratio again. Maybe I'll just change the top gear ratio instead of the final drive. I still want it to pull hard out of all those tight corners.

Still waiting for TB's times and a resubmit of Trussii651's week 2 times as the original submission seemed to be off by quite a bit :)

Martialstax is the Week 2 leader so far, with some blistering fast lap times.

dbartucci
Still waiting for TB's times and a resubmit of Trussii651's week 2 times as the original submission seemed to be off by quite a bit :)

Blistering even compared to my 1'17's?:lol: :dunce:
Yes, those are supposed to be 2'xx:xxx ...I was in a rush because I thought I was going to be late.:ouch:

BTW, I took a few laps at Autum Ring, I'm running 1'34's aswell. And I agree, great choice of bikes and tracks so far dbartucci!👍

dbartucci

And I completely forgot to save the replay. If there are any questions, I'd be happy to supply a new replay that backs up the lap times, or even completely resubmit my times with replay. I was running 2:18s and 2:19s. It's the first corner. I can't believe how much time can be won or lost there.

Congrats martial, I have no doubts about those times, I know what you mean about turn one, my ghost would be a almost a second behind or in front of me by the T1 checkpoint if I took a slightly different approach to that corner, I just couldn't string the rest of the lap together when I did gain time there.

Gonna have to pick up one of those flash drives, sharing and watching others replays would fun. I don't know anything about them, if there is certain ones that are better to use with the ps2 or what. And I gotta see these 1'xx.xxx
Amalfi lap times of Trussii's!! lol :sly:

Week 2 Results

Trussii651 - 11:29.356
Martialstax - +08.105
saspo - +20.254
dbartucci - +24.714
TB - no times submitted

Also, see updated Week 1 Results.

See also Championship standings in first post with links to results further down in post #1

Latest Posts

Back