NASCAR A-Spec

  • Thread starter Thread starter crossey147
  • 19 comments
  • 3,017 views
Messages
14
Messages
crossey147
how the hell do you do daytona on nascar aspec. i can no longer turn abs off as the new update stupdily prevents it. all i have so far is i need a lot of luck and i have had none.
 
Why do you need brakes at Daytona... Am I missing something?

Try this set-up:

Downforce: 35/50
Transmission: 380 kph (236 mph)
LSD: 60/60/15
Ride height: -15/-15
Spring rate: 18.5/18.4
Dampers: (ext) 8/8
Dampers: (comp) 4/4
Anti roll: bars 4/4
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 1/0
 
i dont need brakes that why i want to turn them off but the new update prevents you from turning the abs off which i know was the solution prior. the game makes me race abs at least at a level one meaning it ****s me over going round the corners by limiting my speed
 
nice worked did get some luck to go with it though, finally......
 
Why do you need brakes at Daytona... Am I missing something?

Try this set-up:

Downforce: 35/50
Transmission: 380 kph (236 mph)
LSD: 60/60/15
Ride height: -15/-15
Spring rate: 18.5/18.4
Dampers: (ext) 8/8
Dampers: (comp) 4/4
Anti roll: bars 4/4
Camber: 2.0/1.0
Toe: 0.00/0.20
Brake balance: 1/0

You now cannot turn ASM off for Nascar A-Spec.
 
After a search, this seems to be the newest thread on this.

I thought I'd run each race individually before entering the championship to get my settings down for each track. I too was upset I couldn't switch off ASM for Daytona. On one hand it was fun playing the drafting game, on the other, like any racer, I like to get the lead and keep it.

Since I won the first 4 races easily, I decided to enter the championship figuring after the first 4 races I'd have a big enough lead in points it wouldn't matter what happened at Daytona. However, I discovered something and if someone else mentioned it already, I apologize.

If you enter the championship you'll see ASM is unselectable and On for Indy. Nothing can be done for that. For Grand Valley, it's On but can be switched off. You can either switch it off now or before HSR or Laguna. The important thing is to make sure you at least have it off for Laguna because when you continue the championship from there and get to Daytona, you'll see ASM is now unselectable, but in the Off position. Don't worry about ABS for any of the races, set that where you like.

This doesn't work if you run the races outside the championship. It only works if you are within the championship. If you have already won the championship, but still need to gold Daytona, here's what you do:

Enter championship
Start Indy-3, 2, 1, Start- Pause, Exit, Abandon race
At the points screen continue championship
Repeat for GV, HSR, and Laguna however, make sure you have ASM turned off before Laguna
Now, verify ASM is off for Daytona, and run the race.

To each his own but for Daytona, I run minimum downforce front and rear, and leave all the other settings at default. Put it to the floor and keep it there. Hug the bottom. You should grab the lead in T2. Hold a pretty wheel. No herky jerky stuff that scrubs speed. Minimize your arc in and out of the corners. They draft up to you on the back stretch, but can't quite catch you and then back off a little for the turns. It should be no problem staying ahead. You won't win big, half a second for me, but they never challenged.

Hopefully PD will come to their senses and make driving aids selectable for all events. Stop this forced crap.
 
Why do you need brakes at Daytona... Am I missing something?

Yes, you are - you're missing the fact that ABS flickers on when you take a Nascar around Daytona (regardless of whether you touch the brakes or not) and it slows the car down. Since one of the updates you can no longer deactivate it.
 
Use my nascar setup, won me daytona A-spec first time, i win online everytime (almost)
and turn ABS to 10, its the next best one to 0.

if you dont know how to find my nascar setup follow these steps:
1. go on my public profile.
2. go on statistics.
3. go on All Threads Started By Silent7Sniper7 and u will see it.

And try it out before you dismiss it or bad mouth it
 
@TenEightyOne, That may be ASM at work there. With it off I didn't notice any ABS activity. ASM works in conjunction with ABS. It uses the braking system to apply braking force to each individual wheel to minimize over or understeer as necessary while adjusting throttle as well. If ASM is on and the ABS is flashing while you aren't using the brakes, that's ASM doing its thing.

I didn't mention it before, but if you turn off ABS before Laguna, it will be off for Daytona too.

And another note, of course those with DFGTs and the like who like to fiddle with driving aids during the race, you can do so just make sure by the end of Laguna you have AMS off.

@Silent7Sniper7, I'll give that a try.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure now if OP is referring to the 'Special' events or to the races in the A-Spec hall.

If it's the A-Spec hall then there'd be no problem with turning ABS off, would there?
 
That may be ASM at work there. With it off I didn't notice any ABS activity. ASM works in conjunction with ABS. It uses the braking system to apply braking force to each individual wheel to minimize over or understeer as necessary while adjusting throttle as well. If ASM is on and the ABS is flashing while you aren't using the brakes, that's ASM doing its thing.

I didn't mention it before, but if you turn off ABS before Laguna, it will be off for Daytona too.

And another note, of course those with DFGTs and the like who like to fiddle with driving aids during the race, you can do so just make sure by the end of Laguna you have AMS off.

Basically m8 to win easily turn off ALL aids, use racing soft tyres and if you cant turn ABS off put it to 10, its the same :)
 
Uh, thanks, but I'm not having any trouble. The point of my original post was people were saying that since a patch you can't turn off AMS for Daytona, but I found a way you can.
 
Uh, thanks, but I'm not having any trouble. The point of my original post was people were saying that since a patch you can't turn off AMS for Daytona, but I found a way you can.

ok thats cool, let me know what you think of my setup :)
 
how the hell do you do daytona on nascar aspec. i can no longer turn abs off as the new update stupdily prevents it. all i have so far is i need a lot of luck and i have had none.

Search and you might find this.


Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .20
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.
 
The setups are great, for online racing and offline practice, especially same make and arcade races. But for the A-spec NASCAR series, if you can't turn ASM off, they're useless. You'd think a better setup would cause ASM to be less active, if the car is more stable, why would stability management kick in? But ASM takes control in the corners. Needlessly. I can run the car 10-15 mph faster in the corners without it, and I'm nowhere close to going out of control. So I don't see why PD forces ASM on for the ovals. I've run the car stock and with your great setups only to find laptimes the same with ASM on. Cancels out any improvements your setup makes. Aero and tranny settings make a difference, but that's about it. ASM sucks. It should stand for Asinine Sissy Mode.
 
Last edited:
I have another question about this series also, I decided to run the races individually also and I got golds in all of them, but didn't get the completion trophy or the gift car. I seemed to remember that in other race championships you could either complete the races individually or run them in series for the championship and still get the completion, the only difference being the bonus cash, not sure...
 
Dont use THE brakes, if you go to fast than stop whit making speed
 
Dont use THE brakes, if you go to fast than stop whit making speed

Er, right.

I think the OP's referring to the fact that in some events you can't remove ASM/ABS, this kicks in whether you touch the brakes or not...
 
I have another question about this series also, I decided to run the races individually also and I got golds in all of them, but didn't get the completion trophy or the gift car. I seemed to remember that in other race championships you could either complete the races individually or run them in series for the championship and still get the completion, the only difference being the bonus cash, not sure...

I'm fairly confident that you're mistaken. I always did races individually first, and then did the championships, and I don't remember ever getting credited for completing the championships, including getting the gift cars or trophies, until after doing the actual full championship.
 
^^ I'll confirm that.

Search and you might find this.


Try this and give me your thoughts.I really think sharing Nascar setups is a great idea.Makes the racing way more fun when your running the same setup for drafting.

Aero 20/40
Tranny 242 MPH
LSD 60/60/15
Suspension
Ride Height F 15 R 15
Spring F 18.5 R 18.5
Ext F 8 R 4
Com F 8 R 4
Roll F 4 R 4
Camber F 3.0 R3.0
Toe F .00 R .20
Brakes F 3 R 7
Soft tires
Give it a try and stay on the high line.

I used this as well, from the thread in the tuning forum. 👍

Edit: No I used your other setup: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175153
 
Last edited:
Back