Nascar Events

  • Thread starter Thread starter liv4hardstyle
  • 15 comments
  • 1,035 views
Messages
63
Australia
sydney
Hello GT community,

I am a happy GT gamer thoroughly enjoying the game...

That is until I reached the nascar events. Never has my blood pressure risen more than attempting these chaotic, moronic races.

The AI will happily spin your car out with the lightest of taps to your tail DELIBERATLY. if I attempt to do the same to their car (because rage is often followed by revenge) they are glued to the road and you find yourself in a ditch or in a wall.

The idea of nascar is slipstreaming which I obey diligently only to be wiped out by 1-3 racers moments before the chequered flag.

There is a difference between aggressive driving and targeted 'wrecking balls' that hone in with great force. I appear to be an obstacle that needs dispatching to the AI not a fellow racer.

I managed a silver on Daytona by sheer luck (after about 40 go's) which I thought would feel good as a merely finished the race without crashing (being murdered) but all I wanted to do is snap the disc in half.

Not even going to attempt the other races in the nascar events as my whole neighbourhood probably thinks I was beating my partner with the language that was coming from my mouth.

Vent over.
 
I feel exactly the same. First issue was limiting your car, why? Stock car means all cars would be same anyhow, more power or not. The AI responds more aggressively(PIT, slipstream, braking late) the closer you are, and they only respond to you, not to other AI's presence. Putting multiple cars that have the same power so they are inevitably close to each other means that AI aggressiveness is turned on, and its directed at you. Horrid, glad to say I can put it behind me and never look back.
 
I feel exactly the same. First issue was limiting your car, why? Stock car means all cars would be same anyhow, more power or not. The AI responds more aggressively(PIT, slipstream, braking late) the closer you are, and they only respond to you, not to other AI's presence. Putting multiple cars that have the same power so they are inevitably close to each other means that AI aggressiveness is turned on, and its directed at you. Horrid, glad to say I can put it behind me and never look back.

It's very frustrating as skill is no longer a factor in winning these events, it's pot luck. I have to be in the right place at the right time with the hand of god protecting me from the minions of hell
 
Using the draft I can go from 16th to 1st; hug the yellow line and the AI will not draft you, they get close but do not catch you; Occasionally yes if you race in the pack they may bump you off; key is hugging the inside line
 
Last edited:
First issue was limiting your car, why?

In reality, on the super speedways there's a restrictor plate over the carburetor that limits the horsepower of these beasts, otherwise they'd be achieving life-threatening speeds.

I think they're fuel injected now, so I'm not sure how it works, but the same principle applies.
 
In reality, on the super speedways there's a restrictor plate over the carburetor that limits the horsepower of these beasts, otherwise they'd be achieving life-threatening speeds.

I think they're fuel injected now, so I'm not sure how it works, but the same principle applies.

They are fuel injected now but I do not know how they regulate how much fuel is used. I suspect it would be programmed into the fuel management system.
 
In reality, on the super speedways there's a restrictor plate over the carburetor that limits the horsepower of these beasts, otherwise they'd be achieving life-threatening speeds.

I think they're fuel injected now, so I'm not sure how it works, but the same principle applies.

Just fyi, the restrictor plate sits on top of the manifold and under the carburetor, not over it. :)

And yes, they still use them with the fuel injection system introduced in 2012. The current restrictor plates are bolted beneath a throttle body that sits in the same place as the former carburetors.
 
Just fyi, the restrictor plate sits on top of the manifold and under the carburetor, not over it. :)

And yes, they still use them with the fuel injection system introduced in 2012. The current restrictor plates are bolted beneath a throttle body that sits in the same place as the former carburetors.

Thanks for the info, very helpful.
 
i just did my best to get in front then spent the rest of the race looking back and blocking, not letting them get even a inch down the side of my car so they end up just bump drafting me.
 
I had the same problems with Daytona as you did, finished last twice due to being assassinated by the other cars and gave up. I also hated Nascar with a vengeance in GT5.

However last night I tried them again and got gold all the races. Daytona was still the most difficult but the others were quite easy. I actually enjoyed the races overall (never thought I'd ever say that about Nascar), they are very close with only a couple of seconds from first to last, which does make exciting races.

I still think the car is a pig to drive though, it's soooooo heavy and the brakes feel like they are made from milk bottle tops.

Now I don't know if I was just on fire last night or that they have been made easier somehow, might give them another go today.
 
Have you gotten a good tune for daytona? It's the hardest of the speedways.

I personally only had trouble with Willow springs, and even that gave way to abs and tcs at 5.
 
I used the price car, can't remember what for but I didn't buy it. It was completely stock apart from the power limited to 70% when necessary.
 
The nascar is done all wrong with the AI I don't know if the car's way the handle is even right but I'm use to other nascar game's. I know Kaz put nascar in Gt5 last year and really wasn't that good but drove better then this tho. If u adjust the car it handles alot better not like a brick so make's it drivable the AI just broke from all repair. I had try over and over beat some of it till I made change's to the car.
 
Back