NASCAR Daytona set up

• Thread starter mike102888
  • 263 comments

Does anyone have a NASCAR Daytona setup?

• Total voters
I've tested my old GT5 41.5's tune, and things works very different in GT6. I'm using a 905hp car ( just oil changed ).

With the old GT5 tune, i was only able to get 45.6 - 45.8 laps, with a lot of understeer, specially in the second turn, it's really easy to hit the wall.

I've also tested the tyre wear, using softs and running alone ( online ), in GT5 i get about 8.5 laps until the tyre explodes, now it runs out of fuel before i can explode a tyre in 9.5 laps, with the right-front in "3" and the right-rear in "6".

Top speed was also a little low, with the GT5 setup i was getting about 322Kmh top speed, if my memory doesn't fail in GT5 it was about 330Kmh or a little more.

Playing a little with the transmission, i was able to get 330kmh, and laptimes drops to 44.8, the car has a lot of understeer in second turn so i'm going to start playing with suspension this week.

My feeling is that things has changed a lot in GT6, seems to be more realistic, and we have to start to work in a new setup for our nascars, the old setups doesn't works anymore !

Gt5 tunes do not work... I've tried a lot of different set ups in gt6 and I still hit the corners.. I believe the cars are slower in gt6 so don't worry about the slower times and the nascars all have the same power.. I was rooms to lower the front all the way and raise the back and that helped needs a little more tweaking..

Gt5 tunes do not work... I've tried a lot of different set ups in gt6 and I still hit the corners.. I believe the cars are slower in gt6 so don't worry about the slower times and the nascars all have the same power.. I was rooms to lower the front all the way and raise the back and that helped needs a little more tweaking..

I will post a tune later this week

If only we could tune both sides of the car...

Could you all please post up your best lap times so we know when we are getting close to being competitive?

Does the tranny trick and flipping the tranny still work?

Does it still take forever to get fuel when pitting?

I have been messing with the NASCAR like crazy. Here's my suspension tune.. It kept me of the walls, I was able to pass on the high side.
Ride height.. 90-85
Spring 13.90-14.88
Compression 2-2
Extension 3-1
Anti roll 4-5
Cam 0.7-1.0
Toe -0.16 .06

I will give yours a try. I was running a tune that I was comfortable with, I wasn't running any down force which meant it would be a little loose but stable enough to pass on the high side. Here is my current set up:

RH 95/95
SR 18/19.03
Damp Comp 6/3
Damp Ext 6/3
Roll 4/4
Camber 0/0 ** I know its a tad odd no camber, but try it.
Toe -0.14/ -0.31

LSD 7/15/20

Test run with your tune 46.327
Test run with my tune 46.403

Your tune was quicker, however my tune, the tires will last a lot longer. I watched the ghost and your set up, for me anyway, was all over the turns, and a lot of tire noise in comparison to my set up, where there is very little tire noise in comparison. I was complaining about my set up as being loose but after trying yours, I found it to be even worse...for me anyway...though yours is faster for sure. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
I will give yours a try. I was running a tune that I was comfortable with, I wasn't running any down force which meant it would be a little loose but stable enough to pass on the high side. Here is my current set up:

RH 95/95
SR 18/19.03
Damp Comp 6/3
Damp Ext 6/3
Roll 4/4
Toe -0.14/ -0.31

LSD 7/15/20

Your tune was quicker, however my tune, the tires will last a lot longer. I watched the ghost and your set up, for me anyway, was all over the turns, and a lot of tire noise in comparison to my set up, where there is very little tire noise in comparison. I was complaining about my set up as being loose but after trying yours, I found it to be even worse...for me anyway...though yours is faster for sure. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
How about top speed ?
Laps until soft tyre explodes ?
Have you changed your oil and have 905hp ?

Lap times seems slow, i got a best of 44.8 with my old GT5 setup, running in 45.0 - 45.2 easy, but the car has a lot of understeer and it's no easy to drive at all. I have no downforce and no camber too. Having no camber doesn't help in corners at all, but keeps your tires for a lot of laps.

I made the tests in an empty online lobby, with very high tyre and fuel wear.

I'll try some setups this night and will see.

Could you all please post up your best lap times so we know when we are getting close to being competitive?

Just like in GT5 some cars are faster and some handle better than others, I have ones that run 44.1's and ones that do 44.5's.
The lap times are not going to matter nearly as much as handling in GT6 Daytona.

Does the tranny trick and flipping the tranny still work?

You can get to the same numbers but, just not the same way.
And my friends can tell you I have no idea how to explain how to do it, lol.

Does it still take forever to get fuel when pitting?

No, it takes about the same time as the tires do now.

Just like in GT5 some cars are faster and some handle better than others, I have ones that run 44.1's and ones that do 44.5's.
The lap times are not going to matter nearly as much as handling in GT6 Daytona.
Thanks WhoosierGirl! I'll shoot for low 44's then.

You can get to the same numbers but, just not the same way.
And my friends can tell you I have no idea how to explain how to do it, lol.
Interesting. I used the trick where I moved the top speed up or down a notch and back to get the gears I wanted. I guess I'll have to learn the new way.

No, it takes about the same time as the tires do now.
This a great news! Thanks again :).

Thanks WhoosierGirl! I'll shoot for low 44's then.

Not sure if you have seen how the qualifying works in GT6 yet. If not don't worry about your lap times so much because, now when you qualify you don't get to go to your garage and change to your race setting.

It is far more important to get a car to handle better than one that has the best lap time with the GT6 changes. In GT5 I used race the same setup that would run 40.9's and not have any problem with handling. Now it seems most people can't make a pass without sliding up and hitting the wall or taking out most of the field.

I ran 44.20's lap after lap last night and got the car a little better. What seems odd is seems to push entry then get a little loose center off. I can drive it top or bottom but really have to stay on top of it. Runs 205 sometimes touches 206 in the corners. Got about 6 hours in so far on it. Try racing in a group and the push is terrible with every tune I've tried. I'll post soon.

Do anyone here have a Downforce and a Transmission setup? Right now my Auto Set for my Nascar is to 242mph and Downforce is max high front and rear. I am currently making up tunes for my car to find the right one... Some suggestions would be great :)

RH 95/95
SR 18/19.03
Damp Comp 6/3
Damp Ext 6/3
Roll 4/4
Toe -0.14/ -0.31

LSD 7/15/20

I'll definitely try yours.. Mine was just a base to help get started.. I mostly run dirty NASCAR so it's fine if it's a little loose..

How about top speed ?
Laps until soft tyre explodes ?
Have you changed your oil and have 905hp ?

Lap times seems slow, i got a best of 44.8 with my old GT5 setup, running in 45.0 - 45.2 easy, but the car has a lot of understeer and it's no easy to drive at all. I have no downforce and no camber too. Having no camber doesn't help in corners at all, but keeps your tires for a lot of laps.

I made the tests in an empty online lobby, with very high tyre and fuel wear.

I'll try some setups this night and will see.

LOL...questions, questions and unfortunately I have little answers...so far. I was merely taking set up for set up. When I have the time, I will dig deeper and give more detailed findings.

Agreed though, my times are very slow, disappointing in fact, the car is new and I only have a 100 laps on it so far with no oil change. I was kinda funked out with the no camber idea until I tried it. So yes, set up for set up it mine was slower...however I think in the longer races my tires will go the distance and then some, but as I said I will post info on the actual # of laps etc over the weekend.

I am also tweaking my tranny, trying to work out another 3 speed with 4 over. If I tighten up 3rd, which I have some room, my strait speed will come up, and in turn should be able to keep more speed in the turns. Right now I am 189mph coming out of turn 4.

I'll definitely try yours.. Mine was just a base to help get started.. I mostly run dirty NASCAR so it's fine if it's a little loose..

Yeah, give it a try...I think combined with a good tranny it will be hard to beat...especially in the longer races...if you're into that sorta thing. I gave yours an honest run, then put mine back on so I could run with the ghost, you setup kept a head of me....just a tad....but one thing I did notice was the car was dancing all over the turn...now when I say that, its will a little exaggerated, but I think you know what I mean lol Let me know what you think...see if you hear the difference in the tire noise in the turns?? Less noise less wear...hopefully.

LOL...questions, questions and unfortunately I have little answers...so far. I was merely taking set up for set up. When I have the time, I will dig deeper and give more detailed findings.

Agreed though, my times are very slow, disappointing in fact, the car is new and I only have a 100 laps on it so far with no oil change. I was kinda funked out with the no camber idea until I tried it. So yes, set up for set up it mine was slower...however I think in the longer races my tires will go the distance and then some, but as I said I will post info on the actual # of laps etc over the weekend.

I am also tweaking my tranny, trying to work out another 3 speed with 4 over. If I tighten up 3rd, which I have some room, my strait speed will come up, and in turn should be able to keep more speed in the turns. Right now I am 189mph coming out of turn 4.
Hi Nomad !

You can change your oil whenever you want, i changed it when my Nascar was brand new, it gives you some extra HP ( 905 ). In GT5 was a little different, the car was 892hp when you change it in a new car, and gets 905 with some mileage on the car.

I'm going to play with the tranny, and I also think that the 3speed+4 over it's a good idea, i have 2 setups in GT5, one with 3 gears and one with 4.

Hi Nomad !

You can change your oil whenever you want, i changed it when my Nascar was brand new, it gives you some extra HP ( 905 ). In GT5 was a little different, the car was 892hp when you change it in a new car, and gets 905 with some mileage on the car.

I'm going to play with the tranny, and I also think that the 3speed+4 over it's a good idea, i have 2 setups in GT5, one with 3 gears and one with 4.

Yeah...from what I remember in order to get the 892hp you had to have the Xp/mileage and oil change before you got the extra hp....GT6 they ditched the XP, and when I went to the garage it says oil was fine...GT5, it would tell you if you need a oil change and what the Hp/PP difference would be after you change it...thanks for the tip, I will change it asap.

Yes, I really like the 3/4over set up...on Indy I would run a funky 2 speed set up...loved it too, it was an amazing tranny set up....anyway good to have everyone in here working together to see what works/what doesn't.

I'm trying your tune now. It's pretty good, but the other cars are extremely pushy on Daytona!
edit: golded daytona, twin ring and indy! Thanks people!

Last edited:
Yeah, give it a try...I think combined with a good tranny it will be hard to beat...especially in the longer races...if you're into that sorta thing. I gave yours an honest run, then put mine back on so I could run with the ghost, you setup kept a head of me....just a tad....but one thing I did notice was the car was dancing all over the turn...now when I say that, its will a little exaggerated, but I think you know what I mean lol Let me know what you think...see if you hear the difference in the tire noise in the turns?? Less noise less wear...hopefully.
I was running consistent 44 second laps with yours... Just made the springs a little bit softer than what you have

Last edited:
Not sure if you have seen how the qualifying works in GT6 yet. If not don't worry about your lap times so much because, now when you qualify you don't get to go to your garage and change to your race setting.

It is far more important to get a car to handle better than one that has the best lap time with the GT6 changes. In GT5 I used race the same setup that would run 40.9's and not have any problem with handling. Now it seems most people can't make a pass without sliding up and hitting the wall or taking out most of the field.
No, I won't get online until later tonight. I wish they had hot laps, qualifying and then racing while being able to tune in between.

I'll focus on car handling based on what you and others are describing. I guess the aero changes are making a big difference at Daytona. I was afraid that was going to happen. I also wonder how many times they will change the physics in the next year :boggled:.

Another thought. I wonder if the 2013 cars are different than the 2010 and 2011 cars? AFAIK the older cars can't be purchased yet.

Back