NASCAR Expansion Discussion

United States
Massachusetts
llClaude_Speedll
BlazingSol05

America’s most popular form of motorsport is coming to the best-selling racing game of this generation. The NASCAR Expansion for Forza Motorsport 6 arrives today, bringing NASCAR to the world stage. This is an experience that only the comprehensive world of Forza Motorsport can deliver. The expansion features an all-new NASCAR World Tour career with over 10 hours of racing, representing the ultimate “What if…?” for racers around the world.

How would American stock cars fare against Australian V8s at Bathurst, or against WEC prototypes at Le Mans? With the NASCAR World Tour career, players will be able to live these fantasies and answer those questions for themselves, competing in unique events across the cosmopolitan lineup of tracks and circuits in Forza Motorsport 6. Whether battling it out against GT and endurance racers from the world’s top motorsports leagues, sharing the track with open wheelers from IndyCar and Formula E, or testing the limits on classic American ovals like Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Daytona International Speedway, this is NASCAR like you’ve never experienced it before.

The intensity of driving these quintessentially American race cars is at the heart of the NASCAR Expansion experience. Players will be able to drive twenty-four 2016-season NASCAR models from teams like Joe Gibbs Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Stewart-Haas Racing, Hendrick Motorsports, and Team Penske, including the cars of top-flight NASCAR drivers Jimmie Johnson, Kurt Busch, and Chase Elliott. Johnson, Busch, and Elliott also serve as the stars of the “Voices of Motorsport” in the NASCAR Expansion, introducing fans to the history and technology of NASCAR.

Along with the new career mode and lineup of new cars, the NASCAR Expansion also includes a new destination – Homestead-Miami Speedway, available in all modes of play – as well as NASCAR-themed Rivals, Leagues and multiplayer hoppers, giving players the chance to experience NASCAR across the entirety of Forza Motorsport 6. And with the addition of brand new features such as rolling starts, a new Quick Stop mode, and a more complex drafting model, the NASCAR Expansion adds new levels of strategy and tension to pack racing in game.

67a9b8a0-c855-4272-a15f-47cd67d8d129.jpg

Get ready for a whole new way to race with the Forza Motorsport 6 NASCAR Expansion – available for $20 – coming today, only on Xbox One.

NASCAR Expansion Content
The NASCAR Expansion for Forza Motorsport 6 features 24 NASCAR cars from the 2016 NASCAR season, representing five of the most celebrated and successful teams in series history. Here’s a closer look:

Chip Ganassi Racing
Chip Ganassi has a deep history in racing, winning his first race at age 18 in a Formula Ford. Ganassi raced in CART and in sports cars with success before buying into Patrick Racing in 1988 and later forming his own race team, Chip Ganassi Racing (CGR), in 1990. Since then the team has grown from a single CART entry to two cars in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and two in the NASCAR XFINITY Series, four cars in IndyCar Series, two cars in in the WeatherTech United SportsCar Championship, two in the World Endurance Championship, and two Global Rallycross teams. Together these teams have collected 18 championships and more than 160 wins. In NASCAR you will find Jamie McMurray driving the Chevrolet #1 McDonald’s/Cessna Chevrolet SS and Kyle Larson behind the wheel of the #42 Target Chevrolet.

· 2016 Chevrolet #1 Chip Ganassi Racing McDonald's Chevy SS
· 2016 Chevrolet #42 Chip Ganassi Racing Target Chevy SS

04e523ed-d5c7-4e3b-b505-d65a0a1396cc.jpg

Joe Gibbs Racing

Whether you associate Joe Gibbs with his storied NFL coaching career – where he took the Washington NFL team to three Super Bowl titles – or his NASCAR racing teams which have earned four Cup Championships, winning is the common factor. Joe Gibbs Racing operates four NASCAR Sprint Cup cars with Denny Hamlin driving the #11, 2015 Sprint Cup Champion Kyle Busch behind the wheel of the Toyota #18 Camry, Carl Edwards in the #19, and Matt Kenseth in the #20.

· 2016 Toyota #11 Joe Gibbs Racing FedEx Express Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing M&M’s® Camry
· 2016 Toyota #18 Joe Gibbs Racing Interstate Batteries Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing ARRIS Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing STANLEY Camry
· 2016 Toyota #19 Joe Gibbs Racing Subway Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing Dollar General Camry
· 2016 Toyota #20 Joe Gibbs Racing DEWALT Camry

a090ed9f-7368-4bb7-9386-51c020a33082.jpg

Stewart-Haas Racing
Debuting in 2009 as an owner-driver, three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart partnered with Gene Haas, founder of the largest CNC machine tool builder in North America, to form Stewart-Haas Racing. The team has built itself up to run four teams in the NASCAR Sprint Cup series. Danica Patrick is currently the only female driver in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series piloting the #10, Stewart races the #14, Kevin Harvick is in the #4, and Kurt Busch drives the #41. All the Chevrolets are powered by Hendrick Motorsports engines.

· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Jimmy John’s Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #4 Stewart-Haas Racing Outback Steakhouse Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #10 Stewart-Haas Racing Nature's Bakery Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #14 Stewart-Haas Racing Mobil 1 Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #41 Stewart-Haas Racing Haas Automation Super Sport

944efb4c-eea8-4332-9402-4c5e07116e86.jpg

Hendrick Motorsports

Since 1984, Hendrick Motorsports has earned a record 11 car owner championships in NASCAR’s premier division, the Sprint Cup Series. The organization fields four full-time Chevrolet teams on the Sprint Cup circuit with drivers Kasey Kahne (No. 5), Chase Elliott (No. 24), Jimmie Johnson (No. 48) and Dale Earnhardt Jr. (No. 88).

· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports FARMERS Insurance Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #5 Hendrick Motorsports Great Clips Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #24 Hendrick Motorsports NAPA Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #48 Hendrick Motorsports Lowe's Super Sport
· 2016 Chevrolet #88 Hendrick Motorsports Nationwide Insurance Super Sport

d0e00dbc-f7cf-476c-9f5a-a149f688b705.jpg

Team Penske
Team Penske is one of the most successful teams in the history of professional sports with 28 National Championships across open-wheel, stock car and sports car racing competition. Known by his nickname “The Captain,” Roger Penske has been a cornerstone to racing for more than half a century. Team Penske’s NASCAR Sprint Cup driver lineup includes Joey Logano in the #22 and teammate Brad Keselowski, 2012 Sprint Cup champion, driving the #2.

· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Alliance Truck Parts Fusion
· 2016 Ford #2 Team Penske Brad K. Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske Shell-Pennzoil Fusion
· 2016 Ford #22 Team Penske AAA Fusion

178ac2a5-cb6f-45d4-a122-808319af0f50.jpg

Homestead-Miami Speedway
Born in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew, which devastated the area in 1992, Homestead-Miami Speedway was built as part of the region’s reconstruction. The original layout was a rectangular oval modeled after Indianapolis Motor Speedway. However, due to the track’s shorter length (about 1.5 miles) passing was difficult and made for dangerous crash angles. After attempts to widen the aprons did not resolve the problems, Homestead received a massive reconfiguration in 1997, turning the track into a true oval. Further renovations such as improved banking and lighting for night racing have made it not only a fan favorite, but the home of the NASCAR championship races since 2002. The track also features a road course for sports cars, making Homestead-Miami a justifiably famous and inarguably sunny racing destination.

5634f486-e995-4562-93c7-3245609ff28c.jpg

Here are the achievements for the new NASCAR Expansion. Thanks @Terronium-12 for finding these.
http://www.trueachievements.com/Forza-Motorsport-6/dlc/NASCAR-Expansion

All NASCAR stock cars have the exact same performance. Here's what they amount to.
PI: R833
Speed: 7.7
Handling: 6.9
Acceleration: 8.7
Braking: 6.8

Upgradable parts are as follows:
Restrictor Plates (Only available on the 5.9L V8 Racing swap!)
Brakes
Weight Reduction
Driveline
Drag Tires
Front Tire Width
Rear Tire Width
Rims
Front Rim Size
Rear Rim Size
Engine Swap - 5.9L V8 Racing

Last edited:
Been discussed at length in the chat thread but deserves its own topic.

I will probably buy this... actually who am I kidding? I'm bored as hell and want something to do. Done with Apex and the others.

This would hit before E3 since there's so much other Microsoft news there.

I will probably buy this... actually who am I kidding?

Good question! I have very little interest in NASCAR, but three things can make the purchase easier for me.

1. Content update with bugs fixes and maybe requested improvements. It's been so long the game almost feels abandoned despite all the DLC. I know this helped my decision to hold off on the rather underwhelming car pack earlier this month.

2. Rain and night versions for the new track.

3. More than three unique cars but I'm not sure given the focus on 2016.

All this being said, I'd still hate to have a significant part of the game locked, especially Homestead Miami in Free Play. I don't think its layouts look paticularly interesting though, so that's one expensive track for someone who isn't into NASCAR and would prefer to see another track from Eurasia added to the game.

Last edited:
It is not on UK Amazon for sure.... something smacks of total gossip led wind up to me.

For instance, what other DLC has arrived in any other way than as a DLC through MS/Forza hub

Myself I really do hope it is true; but I'll believe it when I am playing it

I enjoy Nascar if its presented in an intelligent style... ie. Sony does seasonals etc. that ask you to win a 5 lap race from last where you have to play with the setup.

Turn 10 dont do anything like this. If its the peacemeal way they did with Porsche... ie. hot lap rivals with nascar and random 3 lap races then I dont know... it feels like the crappy way they handled Formula E and Formula 1 career races...

I'm not looking forward to the single make single series Nascar races. I didnt really enjoy the single make races in the main game due the AI clumping together for max biff effort.

As mentioned in the general thread, I don't particularly care for the NASCAR content, but am interested in how the other features will be implemented:

The only thing I care about in all of that is the "new display elements for improved car spotting".

• Is that a NASCAR-only feature.
  • Will it be available to all users.
  • Will it be turned on by default.
  • Will it be used in regular Hoppers.
I stopped playing Forza Motorsport 6 a month ago as I was finally fed up of all the Lap 1 crashes (yes, not all of them are intentional). Anything that will help make racing cleaner is appreciated, as right now they're a warzone.

When I played Forza, I was almost exclusively in the Hoppers (Achievement-hunting aside). If this DLC and its features don't help improve the "clean racing" situation, I won't be coming back. My hope is that the car spotting & rolling start features will be available to all, and that the frequency of Lap 1 crashes gets reduced. It won't be a utopia but anything's better than the frustrations that one can experience in most Hoppers right now.

I dont think Sony/Polyphony are all that big onto sole licensing. I'm thinking they have the same use of all the old JGTC cars and tracks and at best, they add a few more. Is that a license per se?

Sony/Polyphony had the Nascar license before in that they had Jeff Gordon famously do that intro and they had the whole field from 2010-2013 but besides that, it didnt feel like they made Nascar as main focus.

A US member on Forzamotorsport.net has found the NASCAR Expansion card in a local Best Buy.

SnickLeFritz813
I'm not sure if this has already been discussed. All I've seen is the UK card posted, but I was in a local Best Buy today in Los Angeles (Culver City South) and they had the expansion card on display.

Listed for $20, as expected.

*I'm a frequent reader here on the forums, but this is my first post; please forgive me if the pictures do not post correctly.

CL8EUs.jpg

T4njHN.jpg

BNKw0j.jpg

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postsm502119_posts.aspx#post_502119

That nails it then, it's 100% real. And in typical Turn 10 fashion they haven't acknowledged its existence at all ;)
Hopefully they add those features you were wanting. I miss your paints bud. Around 35% of my cars have your liveries, and I've got well over 400 cars. 👍

Hopefully they add those features you were wanting. I miss your paints bud. Around 35% of my cars have your liveries, and I've got well over 400 cars. 👍

I enjoyed the majority of my time with Forza Motorsport 6, but I'm not one to whinge on the Internet and not follow through with my actions. I wasn't happy with the Multiplayer experience not improving so I moved on; already completed DiRT Rally, am making my way through Trackmania Turbo and still play Rocket League most nights despite completing it a month ago.

Don't care for NASCAR, but I will buy it to keep supporting T10! I don't think it is a money trap when they are delivering solid content in a solid game; plus, this game is not rigged for microtransactions like so many games these days, including GT6. T10 and Forza is an example for PD to follow. There really isn't a game that can beat Forza 6 at the moment, and I doubt there will ever be. GO T10!!

Don't care for NASCAR, but I will buy it to keep supporting T10! I don't think it is a money trap when they are delivering solid content in a solid game; plus, this game is not rigged for microtransactions like so many games these days, including GT6. T10 and Forza is an example for PD to follow. There really isn't a game that can beat Forza 6 at the moment, and I doubt there will ever be. GO T10!!
What do you mean by that?

Forza 6 returns the Token System a while update back. And if im honest the way Forza 6 and GT6 rewards players makes microtransactions on both games practically pointless.

Sounds like a really close minded really.

Last edited:
What do you mean by that?

Forza 6 introduces back the Token System a while update back. And if im honest the way Forza 6 and GT6 rewards players makes microtransactions on both games practically pointless.

Sounds like a really close minded really.

Token system? You mean that thing that is completely pointless and you can even disable? Not only that, but that it doesn't really affect the ability to make a car accessible and easy to buy, unlike GT6 were it almost forces you to buy credits with real money due to how ridiculously restricted the prize and economy system in the game is?

Compare Forza 6's prize system with GT6's and tell me who's cheating to their fans. I already have more money in Forza than the total needed for buying nearly every car in the game. In GT6, I was never able to buy a single 20,000,000Cr car, and most people who did, I can assure you they did the M4 glitch. Even getting to the 10,000,000Cr. mark was virtually impossible for normal folks with jobs and responsibilities like me. And that's even after I clocked nearly 500 hours in GT6.

In Forza 6 I haven't even finished career mode. I have about 60 hours in the game. I still get a lot of money for doing races, selling cars, plus prize spins every three or four races. I also get high money prices in every race, even in Arcade, no matter if I finish 1st or 3rd.

Tokens were a mistake T10 almost made, but they showed they do care and fixed it almost immediately. The evidence is right there in front of you when playing the game and seeing how the prize system works.

EDIT: Sorry. Didn't read your comment correctly. Ignore my rambling.

In short: I feel GT6's economy is developed around micro transactions due to how difficul it is to progress and how restricted it feels.

Forza isn't.

Last edited:
Back