NASCAR Mexico driver Carlos Pardo Dies in horrific accident.

  • Thread starter Thread starter StrokerAce
  • 35 comments
  • 7,413 views
Messages
487
Messages
PpR_Junkyardspec or GTP_Junkyardspec
Messages
PpR Junkyard
NASCAR.COM
"MEXICO CITY -- Carlos Pardo has been killed in a crash during the final laps of a NASCAR Mexico race, organizers said.

Pardo was leading the race on the 97th lap when his car was nudged by a competitor from behind and slid sideways into a wall at the entrance to the pit lane at about 120 mph Sunday. The car disintegrated as a result of the impact.

Pardo was removed from the wreckage and sent by helicopter to a hospital. The NASCAR Mexico Web site reported that he died 45 minutes later.

Pardo was later declared winner of the race in Pueblo, east of Mexico City.

He won the series championship in 2004 and had 10 career victories in 74 races.

Pardo made one Nationwide start in the 2006 TelCel Motorola 200 at Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez in Mexico City. He started 35th and finished 42nd after radiator problems knocked him out of the race. Pardo also made six Camping World East starts, twice finishing 11th."


Truly horrific, one of the worst accidents I have ever seen, especially because it was of stupid driver error.
 
That video may be inappropriate for GTP, as it has been flagged on youtube for 18 or older. Rightly so, as it was a horrible crash. What I'm wondering is whether there were any precautions that could have been taken to prevent this (or to prevent it in the future) or if it really is driver error - something that can't really be controlled.
 
You can see when "NASCAR Mexico" slows down the film that the blue car hit a little dip in the track right before the contact. That had to have caused him to lose some control and hit that car. But man he was too close to begin with...
That is the worst Nascar crash i have ever seen!
 
That looked terrible. Whoever designed the placement of that barrier is half retarted.

Anyways, i have no clue who this guy was, but RIP
 
Sorry ill take down the video if needed.
 
I have to question the location of that barrier, which looks to be made of concrete. It doesn't look safe at all and there are holes in it. :odd:


R.I.P.
 
I have to question the location of that barrier, which looks to be made of concrete. It doesn't look safe at all and there are holes in it. :odd:


R.I.P.

They also should look at the structure of the cars. I don't think it should have disintegrated like that from that type of crash.
 
Hmm, his competitor/Rival just killed him... he should at the least be banned for life, or it sends out a very desturbing message... theres no doubt in my mind he ment that. I doubt he ment to kill him but he did die.
 
Wow. Just unreal and violent. RIP Carlos Pardo. --- Randy
 
Hmm, his competitor/Rival just killed him... he should at the least be banned for life, or it sends out a very desturbing message... theres no doubt in my mind he ment that. I doubt he ment to kill him but he did die.

First time you've seen a crash in a race then? We'd have very small fields if those who caused a crash were to be banned.


Its hard to tell from that camera angle, but it looks more like Pardo turned onto the following car's front corner and did the P.I.T. maneuver to himself. I'd have to think that he caused his own spin there. His death is almost certainly to be blamed on the track designer/whoever put the concrete there. I think they at least put a ton of water barrels or other things there at other tracks to cushion a collision to the end of a wall.


RIP.
 
I have seen alot of NASCAR rases and alot of wrecks in NASCAR racing but not like that. May HE RIP.
 
Jesus man. That's sick... who designed that track? Even Gran Turismo had cones instead of a wall.
 
Horrible accident that didn't need to happen. It's not driver error, in fact, you cannot blame a guy moving to the inside to try to pass him, but the construction of the track. Specifically, the barriers. Who ever designed it that way should be blamed.
 
They also should look at the structure of the cars. I don't think it should have disintegrated like that from that type of crash.

It's only the single layer skin the cage is still intact.
Sideways impacts at big speed will potentially kill no matter what the structural integrity of the vehicle is.


:( R.I.P Carlos

Only consolation is he was doing what he obviously loved.
Condolences to his family and friends.
 
That is horrific!!! RIP

Stupid place to have a wall!!!
 
Absolutely tragic. RIP
 
Wow. Unbelievable.
 
Thats awful, the track is clearly not even near up to US spec and by the looks of it neither is the car. A outcome that shouldn't have happened in this day and age.
 
There were water barrels on that pit entrance, but crashing sideways with that speed... what a disaster.

Anyway, I don't see that track very safety. I hope at least this sad accident change safety regulations for these kind of races.

R.I.P
 
RIP Carlos.

Genuine accident IMO, watch the slo-mo bit of the car behind him, he hits a bump, his suspension compresses (watch the ride height), as it springs back it causes the back end of the car to rotate - he's running close, so he clipped the back end of Carlos's car. Tragic accident, but no driver to blame for this one... however the track owners/organizers should be held accountable, the barrier design was wrong, water barrells of not.
 
This is a poigniant and unfortunate reminder of why safety needs to be checked in all forms of motorsport, wherever the location.
 
At least he passed away doing what he loves to do.

R.I.P
 
It looks like the impact broke the wall.

There is no reason why that wall should be located there at such an angle. Sadly an accident which should have never happened this way.
 
Regarding the placement of that concrete wall :

Same situation without that wall : The car could have killed a dozen pit crew members...

I guess that was their idea when they designed that wall.
 
Regarding the placement of that concrete wall :

Same situation without that wall : The car could have killed a dozen pit crew members...

I guess that was their idea when they designed that wall.

But they could have use a tirewall or pretty much anything that would better absorb an impact than just concrete.
 
That looked terrible. Whoever designed the placement of that barrier is half retarted.

Anyways, i have no clue who this guy was, but RIP

yeah pretty much. :sick:
 
Back