NASCAR Mexico driver Carlos Pardo Dies in horrific accident.

  • Thread starter Thread starter StrokerAce
  • 35 comments
  • 7,415 views
Regarding the placement of that concrete wall :

Same situation without that wall : The car could have killed a dozen pit crew members...

I guess that was their idea when they designed that wall.

The pitcrews are along the start/finish straight. The accident happened on the back straight. The wall there was completely unnecessary.

The crazy thing is, the track - in a different configuration - is deemed safe enough by the FIA to let the WTCC cars race on it. It's not like the circuit organisers are incapable of running a safe course.

Pardo's death was unnecessary and easily avoidable - that's the worst part about it.
 
Shocking. Absolutely shocking. Seriously, if WTCC race there, then the track must meet some FIA standard regarding safety - I would stop sending motorsport events there until they can get the facilities sorted out. It's just not on for a circuit that is supposed to be of international standard. In fact, it's just not on, full stop. 👎

R.I.P. Carlos.
 
EDIT: My Mistake
 
Sadly something has to happen before anything is done about safety

R.I.P buddy
 
I'm worried something similiar will happen at Indianapolis



 
wow....another testiment to the cabron fibre monocoque (sp?). That accident is up there with Kenny Brack's.

As far as Carlos' accident, that's 100% track fault. That wall should not be there at all.

Hornish...

 
Back