Nascar rookie problems.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sofo
  • 18 comments
  • 1,319 views
Messages
104
Denmark
Copenhagen
Messages
Sofo2409
Just bought myself a Nascar Chevrolet and gave it a spin.
To my frustration i could only keep up with the 3 last cars. The rest of the pack were far in front of me and unreachable.
I've set the limiter to 70% as required. Seems most of the rest were fixed and unchangeable.
The car seems underpowered, but what can i do?
 
If you're talking about the series in regular gameplay, the 70% rule only applies to Dayton and Indy, so make sure you turn the wick back up for the other races. Indy is faily easy; take all the downforce out of the car and leave the suspension alone. I won it on the first shot. Daytona is the same deal, but you have to turn the speed limiter up slightly. Also, stay on the bottom of the track, and watch your mirrors. If you stay on the bottom all the way around, the cars on the high line have to slow down through the corners and you won't. They will not pass you in the corners and they don't have enough time on the straightaways to get in front of you. If for some reason you have to lift a little or tap the brake, you may have to block them, which is why I said watch your mirrors. If you run the high line, you WILL get wrecked, you HAVE to stay low. I'm talking on the yellow line low.
 
Seems pretty hopeless. Tried different setups to no avail. Simply can't keep up.
Tried placing myself different parts of the road.
Guess that's it.
 
Turn off ASM(if you have it on) ASM will cut your throttle, with the least amount of slide sensed.
And draft like you have never drafted before. If you can catch the leader, stay behind him till the middle/exit of the last set of turns before the line, if not he will draft and pass you before the line. And stay as low as possible without losing the draft.

1 key I use is a 3 speed Trans and have 4th setup just for drafting(not much longer then 3rd but long enough to not red line in a long draft.)
 
As said above you can turn all aids off at even abs at daytona and brake balance to 0/0 (same as GT5) D/F low just draft to the front then just like gt5 stick to the white line on the bottom of the track that way the other cars won't pit you.
If a car gets in front of you let him go then draft till you get the lead back don't try to block (unless you're on the final straight).
Be patient its only a short race and you'll nail gold.
 
I Had just done the Nascar races on Friday. I used the Jimmy Johnson 48 Chevrolet SS. I put the anti rolls bars both to 7 and extension to 6, compression to 3. Rear toe to .02. Transmission set at 255 mph and no aero front or back at all.

I was able to take the lead quickly by lap one or early into 2. I did get punted once that sent me into a spin but got lucky on the spin and was able to come out facing the right direction and on the track. I had to work at it a bit to keep in the lead through out the race, just really tried to stay out of the driving line.

I've discovered that not all the Nascars are created equal. I had one that i had won somewhere in career mode and no way it could keep up. I wound up buying the JJ 48 and found right away it was a faster car. Sold the other one, not sure what one it was.
 
This series and the kart races were the most frustrating, but can be done with the right set ups and practice.
The different Nascar vehicles are fairly equal but you need to put some miles on the car and break it in to max out the horse power and of course change the oil.
Daytona was the hardest and required mainly tweaking the suspension hight and front and rear downforce. There are a few good posts that show the recommended set ups.
Then it's mainly about holding a good line using the draft and making your slingshot moves at the right time.
 
Thanks for your tips. I will look into it.
 
Does anyone have the stock settings? I've managed to mess up A-C.
 
Stock Settings

Suspension Front Rear
Ride height 80 80
Spring Rate 16.80 14.59
Dampers Com 4 4
Dampers Exp. 4 4
Anti-roll 3 3
Camber 2.0 1.0
Toe Angle 0.00 0.20

Transmission 205 mph top speed
1 3.074
2 2.076
3 1.543
4 1.216
Final gear 3.000

Drivetrain
Initial Torque 10
Acceleration S. 40
Brake S. 20

Body
Downforce 250 450
 
Stock Settings

Suspension Front Rear
Ride height 80 80
Spring Rate 16.80 14.59
Dampers Com 4 4
Dampers Exp. 4 4
Anti-roll 3 3
Camber 2.0 1.0
Toe Angle 0.00 0.20

Transmission 205 mph top speed
1 3.074
2 2.076
3 1.543
4 1.216
Final gear 3.000

Drivetrain
Initial Torque 10
Acceleration S. 40
Brake S. 20

Body
Downforce 250 450

Thanks a lot.
 
NASCAR was fun.

I crashed my way to victory in Daytona. :lol:
 
Have you changed the oil? Maybe the engine needs to be rebuilt?

At Indy, front downforce high, rear downforce low is a fast setup. Increase straightaway speed without decrease of corner speed is your goal...
 
Have you changed the oil? Maybe the engine needs to be rebuilt?

At Indy, front downforce high, rear downforce low is a fast setup. Increase straightaway speed without decrease of corner speed is your goal...

Oil should be fine. Seems it's primary Daytona where i can't compete.
 
I did this last weekend the problem i had on datona way the opposite too fast for the pack to begin with so they'd just wreck me off the circuit when they caught me in first. Im 90% sure you're doing something basic wrong like not drafting eniugh or your gear ratios too low.

The other 10% is maybe try a different car. I did it in the m&m Camry. If we could trade I'd gift you the dang car.
 
I used only ABS =1 and all the other OFF ... plus a little tuning and will do it.
👍

Here are my settings, have fun!

RH 95/95
SR 18/19.03
Damp Comp 6/3
Damp Ext 6/3
Roll 4/4
Camber 0/0
Toe -0.14/ -0.31
LSD 7/15/20
 
Back