Nascar School, last challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter peacemon
  • 30 comments
  • 7,022 views
Messages
15
Has anyone finished the last Nascar school challenge? (Daytona Superspeedway, 2 laps race)

Problem: Stability Program is turned on and you can't turn it off. The result is that your car brakes down in the turns, and you can't do anything about it. Opponent cars don't brake and speed away.

I'm tempted to say this challenge is impossible. So, has anyone managed to do it?
 
Hmm. That explains why I struggled to barely get a bronze. It helps to get an initial bump from an AI driver when coming out of the pits. Just keep at it.

👍
 
Has anyone finished the last Nascar school challenge? (Daytona Superspeedway, 2 laps race)

Problem: Stability Program is turned on and you can't turn it off. The result is that your car brakes down in the turns, and you can't do anything about it. Opponent cars don't brake and speed away.

I'm tempted to say this challenge is impossible. So, has anyone managed to do it?

Yeah I did ,really hard but try to pass the last 2 down low at the final turn it keeps your speed up to the line.
 
Had no probs at all, My didn't brake. Just drafted and passed them om first try
 
I had a really hard time with the last one aswell. But u can turn off ASM if u have DFGT during the race, cheating i know but i got pretty frustrated with this challenge and ended up turning ASM off.
 
I cannot beat this one, or the first advanced one. It is really frustrating. WHY CAN'T WE TURN ASM OFF?
 
If you have a DFGT, you can turn it off in the in-game menu.
 
Got all golds here.

Is ASM locked on a controller thing? I'll check later.
 
I had a really hard time with the last one aswell. But u can turn off ASM if u have DFGT during the race, cheating i know but i got pretty frustrated with this challenge and ended up turning ASM off.

How is it cheating when there are no driving aids whatsoever in NASCAR?
 
I also golded it with DFP (ASM locked on). The first challenge in the last series was hardest for me.

Anyway, draft like crazy, don't brake for corners, and try to dive under the AI cars going into the corner using the speed you've gained down the straight. Try to steer the car as little as possible, and don't run on the yellow line. Run about halfway up the banking to make the arc a little wider. I ended up in first by 0.005 seconds.
 
Got all golds here.

Is ASM locked on a controller thing? I'll check later.

You can mess around a bit with the button settings on the DS3 via the GT5 Options menu and disable ASM using the RA Menu. For instance, select to activate the menu, up/down on the d-pad to scroll through the options and two other buttons of your liking to adjust each setting +/-. Went off without a hitch, otherwise I would not have completed that damned challenge.
 
Found another thread with a solution. Turning ABS off turns ASM off, strangely. I tried for hours to gold the first and last advanced event. Got them first try when I turned ABS off. I have a G27 so I have no way to turn off ASM
 
:lol:👍

If anything the game is cheating by making it too hard with ASM. :ouch:

Yeah, what's the reasoning behind that?


It's PD not learning enough about the American cars they put into the game. Seriously. I'm loving the game but I haven't seen an American car that was done right yet. The closest has been the ZR1 and even the sound is wrong on that one.

They really biased toward their own cars, 90% of which suck anyway.
 
Follow Jimmy Johnson the whole way through. If you are using the sixaxis like I did, make sure you barely move the stick, it keeps up your speed through the turns.
 
turned off ABS...won by about 40 car lengths on my first attempt.

I want 3 hours of my life back.

PS...to the original Poster, "peacemon"...is that a reference to "Worst Week". That show is one of the dumbest, but funniest shows ever.
 
Last edited:
Found another thread with a solution. Turning ABS off turns ASM off, strangely. I tried for hours to gold the first and last advanced event. Got them first try when I turned ABS off. I have a G27 so I have no way to turn off ASM

You are a ledgend, i couldnt keep up before but now i get 1st in just over one lap!
 
Won it with ASM on....... by 0.004s. Holy Crap.
 
Has anyone finished the last Nascar school challenge? (Daytona Superspeedway, 2 laps race)

Problem: Stability Program is turned on and you can't turn it off. The result is that your car brakes down in the turns, and you can't do anything about it. Opponent cars don't brake and speed away.

I'm tempted to say this challenge is impossible. So, has anyone managed to do it?

I golded it with a DS3... took ages though... btw have you got your controller set up so you can change stuff (TCS, ABS, ETC) on the fly? if not, do it and it will be ALOT easier
 
As if I didn't hate NASCAR enough already... Got bronze after trying a million times. And since my G27 can't be programed to use the RA adjustments (yes, I've tried... it worked in Prologue, but not in GT5.) I used the controller to disable ASM, and beat it on the first try. What a sh***y way to make NASCAR challenging.
 
As said before just turn ABS off and ASM is automatically off... Simple!

Or you could use the RA function to turn it off? Or maybe it's locked there, I never tested it. I found the Expert Nascar challenge to be really hard at first. Then I used the wheel and was like. :ouch:
 
As if I didn't hate NASCAR enough already... Got bronze after trying a million times. And since my G27 can't be programed to use the RA adjustments (yes, I've tried... it worked in Prologue, but not in GT5.) I used the controller to disable ASM, and beat it on the first try. What a sh***y way to make NASCAR challenging.

NASCAR isn't challenging...? So you could sit in a car with temperatures close to 300 degrees, while driving on a surface equivalent to ice at 200 mph, all whilst being run into, coming in and out of drafts, and strategically placing each and every move for 500 laps non stop? Hahahahahaha...

I can tolerate people complaining that it's boring to watch but this is a new one... The only downside to this game is that it's making people think they're the ultimate driver simply because they play a tough simulator. You have no idea kid.
 
^ 300 degrees! Wow, that's quite hot. The only way that would work is if you were using the Kelvin scale.

I hope you were using the Kelvin scale.
 
This is a tough one, I almost beat it last night, was near the end, almost over taking the leader, when he got a bump in rear and shot ahead. I literaly shouted at him!
 
^ 300 degrees! Wow, that's quite hot. The only way that would work is if you were using the Kelvin scale.

I hope you were using the Kelvin scale.

That's a typo. 100 degrees Fahrenheit. They've commonly gotten up to 140.
 
Z
You can mess around a bit with the button settings on the DS3 via the GT5 Options menu and disable ASM using the RA Menu. For instance, select to activate the menu, up/down on the d-pad to scroll through the options and two other buttons of your liking to adjust each setting +/-. Went off without a hitch, otherwise I would not have completed that damned challenge.

Thanks so much for clearing that up, I was thinking about setting it up on the control F1-2010 style.
But wasn't sure how similar the system was, so I left it. :rolleyes:

But I've just got stuck on these recently, Gold on the first, but the others seemed hopeless. So thanks for the confirmation!

YOU ARE A GODSEND!
 
My tips.
1. turn of asm however you can.
2. draft down the straights overtake on the corners.
I did it after 3 tries, the 2 times I failed were because of the ai "pitting"me.
 
Back