NASCAR Series = NO PRIZE.?.?

  • Thread starter Thread starter squeakD
  • 32 comments
  • 2,646 views
Messages
514
Seriously...., no prize for this series! Just finished the NASCAR Series, and after completing all of those races.., along with that death match (10 laps at Daytona).., there's nothing for completing the series. That's pretty F'd IMO. Can a brotha get a "horn prize".., something.., anything... 👎
 
Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO '64
Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
A and B spec respectively.
 
I did not and will not finish the NASCAR events. But I hear you. It makes no sense. But then, again, it wouldn't be the only illogical thing in this game.
 
Must have not done the championship if you didn't get a prize.
 
Did the whole Championship. Gold Trophy on all events.., and I got no prize for it...
 
not just the races, the championship.

I didn't just do the races. I clicked on the Championship icon and progressed all the way to Daytona. This isn't my first Championship event.
 
I didn't just do the races. I clicked on the Championship icon and progressed all the way to Daytona. This isn't my first Championship event.

You either didn't do the championship or you have done it before.
 
Look folks I don't know how much more clear I can be on this. I "completed" the Championship. I "did not" complete this Championship previously. I literally purchased a stock car minutes before entering the Championship. For whatever reason.., the prize did not unlock for this Championship.
 
Well there's something you didn't do properly otherwise you would have won it. Are you sure you didn't get it?
 
Lets be easy on this guy, he's not an idiot, and I've heard of this sort of thing happening before. I completed this event a while ago, and won Daytona by .003 seconds. I took so many pictures of the finish in photomode though :drool:
 
Well there's something you didn't do properly otherwise you would have won it. Are you sure you didn't get it?

Honestly with all due respect.., I didn't make it all the way to Level 30 in A Spec and not learn how to do a Championship. I've completed previous Championships and unlocked the prizes. I can't explain it.., but for some odd reason after completing this Championship a prize was not awarded.

Maybe the game somehow sensed my great discontent for NASCAR. I can't stand that type of racing..., biggest snooze fest in all racing IMO. I only completed the series as it's part of A Spec.
 
THat sucks but it looks like the prize cars are kinda crap anyway. I wouldn't worry about it. I already have the Pontiac and while it's a boss car it drives like a brick and isn't much good for most upper level races IMO.
 
Did you get the cash? If so, you don't have to feel gutted.
 
Did you get the cash? If so, you don't have to feel gutted.

Yeah I got the credits (thankfully). I'm not really worried about losing the vehicle.., but wanted to check with members to see if this was normal as I've gotten prizes in previous championships. Stupid NASCAR ;-)
 
You didn't quit out of the championship at all then go back and just start from the next race?

I don't think anyone is calling you stupid or anything, just trying to get all the facts to get to the bottom of it
 
Wasn't this a reported problem not long after release?

I really think a search would help in this case... I'm sure I've seen the problem before...
 
Alright.., once again. I did not just complete the races. I did not quit any of the races. I completed the Championship Series from start to finish just as I have done ALL previous Championships (and) unlocked items associated with them.

The prize for whatever reason did not unlock after completing this Championship. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend for some either. I am at level 30 in A Spec. This is not my first Championship. It is not unheard of for this to happen in any title. I just wanted to check with the forum regarding this glitch (in my case).
 
Alright.., once again. I did not just complete the races. I did not quit any of the races. I completed the Championship Series from start to finish just as I have done ALL previous Championships (and) unlocked items associated with them.

The prize for whatever reason did not unlock after completing this Championship. I don't understand why this is so hard to comprehend for some either. I am at level 30 in A Spec. This is not my first Championship. It is not unheard of for this to happen in any title. I just wanted to check with the forum regarding this glitch (in my case).

Copy. Understood that this is not "your first rodeo" but the car isn't actually in the "car delivery" transporter and the notification icon isn't just "glitching" and not showing up maybe....? I'm sure you already poked your head in there to look, but this DID happen to me before and the car was actually in the transporter waiting for me, the notification after "winning" the championship just didn't pop up and the notification wasn't there on the car delivery truck either. Hope it's "hiding" in there, sorry to hear.

A shot in the dark, but here's to hoping. Cheers.
 
Copy. Understood that this is not "your first rodeo" but the car isn't actually in the "car delivery" transporter and the notification icon isn't just "glitching" and not showing up maybe....? I'm sure you already poked your head in there to look, but this DID happen to me before and the car was actually in the transporter waiting for me, the notification after "winning" the championship just didn't pop up and the notification wasn't there on the car delivery truck either. Hope it's "hiding" in there, sorry to hear.

A shot in the dark, but here's to hoping. Cheers.

Yeah.., one of the first places I checked was the truck. Nothing has shown up. Oh well.., hopefully I don't run into the issue again.
 
Bummer deal man. 👎
 
I did the NASCAR event earlier this week and didn't receive the prize car as I expected when leaving the series to GT Life. It did show the next time I powered on the PS3.
 
Check this out


B spec
I just completed the nascar championship 4 gold and 1 silver in laguna.
i was bummed because i had to play laguna again. This was the first time through any nascar bspec. so no trophies before championship.

my cars power went down after the first race. (forgot to change the oil before starting :crazy: )

So i went home to change the oil to play that track and check the ucd. Then bam
You gold all Nascar events
What!!!!!?

got the merc. saved, then check the bspec section and its was gold in laguna
went out tripping, got in the merc and saved. Then I went back to bspec and it was silver. but i still had the prize car.

So got back in the nascar with oil change (full power) and whopped laguna. I got the gold trophy. I did not get a second car though.

I wonder if thats were your guys' prize cars are at. PD has something wrong there
 
^You still won the championship though so of course you won the car. You don't have to win every race to win a championship.
 
If you got the cash then at least you can get both cars through the UCD so not too big a pain in the a$$
 
^You still won the championship though so of course you won the car. You don't have to win every race to win a championship.

I thought you had to have gold in all and the championship for the prize. I know u don't have to win all races for the championship though. All other championships I did I gold first time through
 
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Easy: The oval at Indianapolis and Daytona are available in Arcade Mode and Training.
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Intermediate: None
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Advanced: None

Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Gold: NASCAR *plus silver and bronze prizes
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Silver: Modern Muscle Car *plus bronze prize
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Bronze: Classic Muscle Car

----------------------------------------------------
A-Spec

A-Spec Extreme

NASCAR Series: Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO (S)
----------------------------------------------------

B-Spec

B-Spec Extreme

B-Spec NASCAR Extreme: Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 (S)

What is all this complaining about? :dunce:
 
The prizes aren't very valueble, unless you are a fan of those cars...
 
Back