NASCAR Tune Needed For International A NASCAR Event

United States
Virginia
Hello fellow racers. I've managed to win all of the current GT6 races except the High Speed Ring and Willow Springs races in the International A NASCAR Event. I used killerjimbag's tune (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/nascar-setup-daytona.294245/) and it worked great for the oval tracks, but not on the other two.

I not being modest when I say I'm an average level racer at best, so I'm sure there are many others here on the site who have already kicked the "*****" out of this event. These are the only two races in GT6 that I haven't finished yet so if anyone could help me a with a tune or even some general tips, I would GREATLY appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance:cheers:!

I was just reading in another thread that these 2 races would allow you to use 100% power, so if that is the case try that and it should do the trick.

Doh... just realized that you had posted in that other thread so you already know this

Willow Springs worked for me with killerjimbag's setup except for the following: shift gear setup: max speed (modified)) 330 Km/h 1st gear = 2,800, 2nd gear = 2,154 , 3rd gear = 1,690 , 4th gear = 1,346. I also used traction control = 6, ABS = 6 and anti-slip recover = on. No wheel - plain 'Sixaxis' controller.

Ok, I have won both races fairly easily on my first few attempts.
Adjustments I made are:
Ride Height
Front 60
Rear 65
Spring rate
Front 17.44 Rear 16.26
Dampers & Compression (all 4's)
Anti Roll (3's)
Camber Angle
Front 2 Rear 4 (reduce for willow springs maybe?)
Toe (default)

Power @ 100% (I think this was covered already)

Downforce
Front 350 Rear 645

---I am sure there are better, but the corner handling was vastly improved (ironically I have a hard time on the oval tracks)

---on willow springs, the last corner can knock several seconds off the lead cars time if you take it wide, maintain a speed around 120ish, and turn in just a little later than the AI racers; still come in tight to the inside to make the turn of course. The AI like to hug the inside of this huge corner, but you want to milk the cars stability for all its worth.

Last edited:
Back