NBA: 2015-2016 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 782 comments
80-screen_shot_2016_06_19_at_8_18_01_pm_75d71d6d886d19978753a66890462e21da415eb4.png

Of all the people that would post something like that at a time like this, I never expected that it wouldn't be Dennis Rodman.
Haha. I know Rodman has made it known since last year he doesn't care at all about if the Warriors beat their record, and he got annoyed by being asked about it multiple times when they finally did go 73-9 because they could never beat his team.
“I’ve always said from day one, if they break the record great, thank you. You guys have a great team, but the game has changed so much. I don’t think that Golden State can even last or even come close to even playing with us in the 90’s because back then you could actually kick people ass, you could throw punches, you could do all the stuff like that. Now, you can’t do anything.

“No, I don’t think they can beat us.

Richard Jefferson also announcing he is retiring now after getting a ring. Guy has always been a solid player, and I enjoyed having him on the Mavs last season & that crazy dunk that didn't count.

Man, J.R Smith's interview gave me the feels, super happy for him tonight after all the tough years he's had in his career.

I don't like J.R. Smith. Never did, because he's such a douchebag. If you ever heard Lil Wayne's stories about JR Smith and all that Young Money shenanigans, you wouldn't approve of the guy either. But, this was a good presser for him. It shows that he knows how messed up he is. It gives him some humanity and some goodness and decency back. Look at how he had a public epiphany like that, and marvel at the transformative power of love. Basketball provided that for him. That is why Lebron James is great. Lebron James's love for the game transcends sport and touches people's lives. His teammates are imbued with that power so that they can achieve more than they ever thought possible. Also, Kyrie hit that shot too, and Harrison Barnes is yak vomit.

I don't like J.R. Smith. Never did, because he's such a douchebag. If you ever heard Lil Wayne's stories about JR Smith and all that Young Money shenanigans, you wouldn't approve of the guy either. But, this was a good presser for him. It shows that he knows how messed up he is. It gives him some humanity and some goodness and decency back. Look at how he had a public epiphany like that, and marvel at the transformative power of love. Basketball provided that for him. That is why Lebron James is great. Lebron James's love for the game transcends sport and touches people's lives. His teammates are imbued with that power so that they can achieve more than they ever thought possible. Also, Kyrie hit that shot too, and Harrison Barnes is yak vomit.
Lot of truth here, as his shenanigans in New York didn't help his career with being called a chucker & what not. Then his young daughter this morning saying she was happy he didn't get kicked off the team (in a joking, sweet way since she was like, 5 or 6?). Dude's conference made it feel like someone was cutting onions in the room.

Took me a moment to get it.
Golden State fans had been posting it when it was only W's in post-game threads on /r/NBA, someone posted this in the Game 7 post game thread and made me laugh :lol:

I decided to reserve my opinions until later just to let everything mellow out and marinate. All I can say is whether you love or loathe LeBron James, he got it done for his team. I'm proud as a Houston fan for Cleveland. Now what does Houston have to do with Cleveland? Simple- we are cities known for having such futility in becoming champions. The Cleveland Cavaliers shown that ANY team can win a championship. While a team may have a knack for failing when it matters most, it doesn't mean it is impossible to become champions. So if the Cavs can win themselves a championship, then my Rockets can win their third NBA title. Even clown shows and weak sauce teams can still become champions.

So all congratulations to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Only suggestion- check your rear view mirrors... 29 other NBA teams want what you won this season for this upcoming season. Including my Rockets. Including McLaren's Mavericks. Including Brett's Oklahoma City Thunder. Including Paulie's Raptors. Including Omnis' Miami Heat. Including all of the favorite teams of all of us GTPlaneteers. Be ready to defend!

I think Brett's Thunder still have a real shot providing Durant stays (I think he signs a 1-year deal personally). But, they have got to adopt the idea of team ball. That won them 3 games against Golden State & then they went back to hero ball. They have been perennial contenders since 2011 and taking injuries into account for a couple years, they have still been seen as title contending team. Their window is starting to close if they don't change up their style in the Playoffs.

Well apparently according to a rumor Warriors want Dirk Nowitzki

http://deadspin.com/the-warriors-uh-reportedly-want-dirk-nowitzki-1782324918
Not happening. For every Mavs fan that would love to see him get another ring because of the sacrifices he made, every other fan out there will just call him a ring chaser. Dirk had his chances to go ring chase, but he chose to stay. It's why we love him here.
Dirk Nowitzki: "The only way I would ever leave is, like I've always said, if we start five rookies."
Dallas has shot itself in the foot always giving up draft picks, so this isn't happening any time soon.

Dwight Howard apparently entered the free agent market by opting out of his contract. So, uh... any of you teams want DH12?

. Dirk had his chances to go ring chase, but he chose to stay. It's why we love him here.

Actually I think he was willing accept whatever decision Cuban made. IIRC, Cuban said on an interview that Dirk came to him and said "Boss, if you want to trade me to get better players then I'll understand" at which point Cuban said "Oh trust me, you're not going anywhere" 👍

Dwight Howard apparently entered the free agent market by opting out of his contract. So, uh... any of you teams want DH12?
Rumors are Parsons has been talking to him. Bit torn as said below.

Actually I think he was willing accept whatever decision Cuban made. IIRC, Cuban said on an interview that Dirk came to him and said "Boss, if you want to trade me to get better players then I'll understand" at which point Cuban said "Oh trust me, you're not going anywhere" 👍
He might have, he's that supportive. Dirk has always remained in control since 2011 in regards to his position here, though. Last month, there were some talks that Dirk doesn't want Dwight because we can't build around him at this point in his career, and it's obvious Cuban & Donnie will take that into account. (I'm split because I think Carlisle can help Dwight, but he has to accept the help and not pull a Rondo.)

Right now, he's opting out to take another pay cut. And for that, a lot of us here in Dallas know Cuban owes some sort of legacy to Dirk at the AAC when he eventually retires. :(

We all expected this, but LeBron James will renew his contract with Cleveland:

“I love it here. I love being here. I love my teammates,” James told cleveland.com, moments before he boarded a float at The Q for the Cavs’ championship parade through downtown Cleveland. “Obviously my agent will take care of all the logistical things but, I’m happy. I’ve got no plans to go nowhere at this point.”

In other Cav's news, Tommy Bahama (Company behind the Lil' Kev ad) took out an ad in the Cleveland newspaper congratulating the Cavs :lol:
20622911-mmmain.jpeg

Also, J.R. Smith is still shirtless and partying at the championship parade

J.R. Smith is a national treasure

GuPH4xh.jpg

Last edited:
Back