Need a bit of Tuning help

• Thread starter AsIwAt
  • 23 comments
Australia
Sydney
AsIwAt
I have slowly been tuning my Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo to create the perfect drift car. All is perfect, except the fact that it tends to kick to the opposite side when I turn the opposite direction to end my drift. Any solutions?

Cheers.

Try less camber on the front wheels
also try changing to a less grippy tire on the front wheels (maybe even the whole set)

on the aspect of driving you might want to try a bit more throttle
when trying to end a drift, it will ensure more grip from the back-end.

edit: oh and try a less aggressive diff lock settings.

let me know if it helped.

Last edited:
Just a little tune I got but your more than welcome to try it. Put your LSD at 5 5 40 and set your suspension at this RH- -25 -25, SR- 10 10 Dampers- 10 10 Dampers 10 9 anti roll 6 6 Camber 0.00 0.00 And toe all the way negetive in the back. And all the way positve in rear. But make sure like the other guy said my choise of tire would be comfort hards. Set brakes at 0 in front and 10 in the rear and I'm sure your already doing it but be sure and run a manual trany.

Response: Lock that diff like any real drifter would? Camber settings etc are variable because of a person's taste, but diffs should be locked, at all times on GT5, to achieve most realism.

If he's running on low bhp setup would you agree that a fully locked diff might create more understeer? with a low bhp setup you might want to build up some rpm/boost (letting the outer wheel spin a bit) before the rear wheels lock to ensure wheelspin no?

If you're using the DS3 it might be you are not straightening up the front wheels fast enough, causing you to have 'snap oversteer' [correct me if I'm using this incorrectly]. Straighten out faster (even before your car 'looks' like it is lined up).

Reducing camber is just reducing the front wheel grip which would solve the problem but if you don't really want to modify your settings you could just change the way you drive.

Fail

Fail

Response: Lock that diff like any real drifter would? Camber settings etc are variable because of a person's taste, but diffs should be locked, at all times on GT5, to achieve most realism.

Fail ok when I get home in july we shall battle and i'll show you what 5 5 50 is all about :dopey:

Fail ok when I get home in july we shall battle and i'll show you what 5 5 50 is all about :dopey:

facepalm1.gif

*in my best monster truck announced voice*

The Battle of the Diff Settings!!! Coming to GTP this July! Watch as Gonales puts his tuning reputation on the line against some random guy. Find out if Robbyelder picked the right tree to bark at...:dopey: Get your tickets now, children get free!!

Ok that was a little mean, but I couldn't resist. I have to say though, that's pretty bold for a GTP newbie to challenge a vet like that...especially with those funky settings lol.

Jesus christ, not this again... Dom you gotta stop fighting about what diff settings are better, their personal preference.. And It's a game, stop comparing everything to real life..

Jesus christ, not this again... Dom you gotta stop fighting about what diff settings are better, their personal preference.. And It's a game, stop comparing everything to real life..

+1 👍 Definitely, everyone has their way of tuning, just because it's different doesn't mean it's wrong. ;)

I have slowly been tuning my Toyota Supra 3.0 GT Turbo to create the perfect drift car. All is perfect, except the fact that it tends to kick to the opposite side when I turn the opposite direction to end my drift. Any solutions?

Cheers.

All you could ever want to know:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_setup (I know Wikipedia isn't the greatest but this is confirmed by myself and many others as correct in 99.9% of all driving scenarios.)

http://web.archive.org/web/20091026235423/http://ca.geocities.com/cbarnett/SetupMatrix.html

More specifically on LSD:

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10023

I learned how to tune by reading up, using common sense, and taking in all the CORRECT information I could. If you use those and go look at a few real life scenarios you'll be a great tuner in about 3 days :D.

EDIT: Almost forgot, don't worry about the lingo such as "body roll", "weight distribution", "center of gravity", etc. If you want to learn them like I did go ahead but its not required. In order to learn how to tune just use trial and error. Try to make small tuning adjustments, go drive, and see how it feels/affects the car. Best way to learn in my opinion.

thomp
The best you CAN do , IT Road test setting . Whit thé big kit of suspension .. You Will star your setting . To lowered the car , to illiminate thé body roll .. Go to low .. Going to oversteer.. Lower more thé rear than front more understeer .. Same thing to front, lower more front than rear make oversteer .. After you ajust thé rate of spring .. Good setting transfer thé weight to thé wheel. When ur front IT more stiff thant rear .. At full accélérâte ur going to havé understeer .. Put rear spring rate more stiff .. Going to oversteer. Know shock damper make more stiff IT make thé load of weight transfer faster on tire .. . The toe .. Out at rear wheel make more oversteer . Camber start whit 1 degre at front Nothing at rear .. The sway bar more stiff egale make more quick reponse at front more oversteer at rear Thé rear diff ajustement is very important to transfer thé perfect power to ground .. IT All about your style of driving ... Gt set thé initial torque at 10 ... IT to much find thé perfect initial torque defore ajusting de acc torque .. More torque Will help you to make thé wheel spinning but make thé car more hard to control gently ... I Will start thé initial torque at 6 for All 500pp going to 8 Max .. Thé acc torque start at 30 going to 50 max and dcc start at 10- going to 30 Max ....
For a 180sx 1170kg pût some upgrade .
start to drift whit almost 285hp to 350hp W comfort tire or more .
Suspension IT very important to try before !!
First lower thé car at -8 front ang rear IT would be good w thé 4.6 spring rate and shock at 4 ..
U go more more stiff ... Drop at -16 front -16.. To -18. Spring raté most be more stiff like 6.4- or 6.6 go to 7 at front. at rear star at 4.6 .. 4,8 or 5 going to Max 6,6 to more oversteer .. thé camber star w 1 degré on front and Nothing at rear go to 1,5 at front to .5 at réâr ... After try more 1,5 front 1, rear .... Going to Max 2.5 at front and 1,5 at rear ... But for thé camber All car or différent for thé ajustement ... There car as mutch camber at rear thant front ... Sway bar start at 4 ...égale going to set more at rear going to more oversteer .. Setting to easy more grip on wheel and Go practice .pût à light weight fly wheel to help engine reving When tire is spinning !![/QUOTE
How you expect some one to under stand that jibberish is beyond me

Back