Need advice on a tune issue of mine...

Hey all,
I'm lookin' for some input on a tune of mine. I've been using my Corvette ZO6 (C6) LM Race Car '06. I'm pretty happy with most of setup for the tranny and the LSD...more or less. Problem is, it seems whatever I do, I can't seem to stop 3rd gear from cracking out. Under acceleration, even in a straight line, the tires just spin and I hardly get any traction and when it revs up to 8000 rpm, it hangs up for a second or two spinning the tires. This is killing my acceleration....it's bad enough i'm stuck with racing hard tires but now I've got to deal with this. I've adjusted the max speed, traction control, the LSD, the gear, in many different configurations.....what am I missing? When I drop the power limiter so I can race slower PP races there is no issue but when I bring it back up for the 650 PP races...forget it. I have to goose the throttle to keep the car stuck to the track. Any input would on my ignorance would be much appreciated...thanks guys.

If you post your setup and full details of your race i.e. online / offline, what track(s) this happens on etc etc it'll make it easier to both see where the problem might be, but more importantly, we can drive the car ourselves and see/feel the issue in person, with makes it alot easier to accurately help with a solution 👍

Sorry...should have done that first. I play offline...no online gaming for me. The spinning of the tires happens on all tracks. The setup is as follows:
Ride Height: 85/99
Spring rate: 13.73/15.05
Dampers Comp. 4/4
Dampers Ext. 6/6
A/R bars 2/2
Camber: 3.5/3.0
Toe: -.21/.21

Max Speed is 217
Gears are:
1) 4.436
2) 2.602
3) 1.631
4) 1.338
5) 1.121
6) .900
Final gear is 3.987

LSD
Initial: 10
Accel: 20
Braking:15

Power limiter is 100%
Down Force is 350/600
Ballast is 0

With the PP set 678, my max, I've got 902 hp.
Racing on Racing Hard Tires.

I just glanced through some info on this forum and I'm reading things saying the numbers on some of the specs are backwards compared to GT5...I wonder if this is some of my problem....
Anyway, this is the tune I've been using....probably a mess, I know...that's why I'm lookin' for some help
Thank you much guys.

Cool - thanks 👍

I haven't driven the setup, so am guesti-mating on what I see, it doesn't look horrific or that bad, just maybe understanding what works/doesn't with GT..

Try bring the camber down, going into the '3's is a bit high, GT6 has issues with it's camber (long story), so try going for something in the middle i.e 1.0 / 1.0 (but the lower ou go,the more grip there seems to be, so you could even run 0.5 / 0.5 or 0.0 / 0.0).

With 900+ bhp and RH tyres, you could tighten the LSD ACC a little to help with traction, maybe go down to 10, or at least a few clicks lower..

Positive (+) rear toe can help with stability / traction, especially FR cars, so maybe try going +0.05 (or up to default of +0.20) to help..

Maybe try bring up the rear roll bar to 3 aswell...

It's difficult to be precise without driving it, not sure how all this will affect balance / handling of the car, but hopfully, it should help with traction.. 👍

Forgot to mention I use the automatic transmission. I was using the D-pad to steer which was causing a few problems so I've been trying to train myself to use the thumb stick to try to be smoother in the turns which has helped a bit.

I was going to guess that you were a d-pad x and square guy. Buy the FPS Freek stick extenders and it will make the DS3 much smoother. They are like $12 on Amazon.

I think there is more that you could do with the transmission to help solve your 3rd gear wheel spin. Try the transmission flip trick. Below is from my tuning guide. I also linked Praiano's guide to the transmission at the bottom of this post. By doing this flip trick, you are actually making all of the gears taller, essentially moving the torque range lower. It should be harder to spin the tires using this method.

You could also use TCS 1. I would not go any higher. Use the analog sticks and roll into the throttle.

Lastly, I think you may be able to find a little in the LSD. Does this only happen in a straight line or in 3rd gear corners. If in the corners at all, you may have LSD Accel too high. Try dropping it down to 14.

Transmission – You must add all power parts before setting the transmission. I use the flip trick. I like to set it and forget it. Others like Praiano use a similar method but will match the shift points to the engine’s RPM. It is a bit over my head. I should really take some time to have Praiano build a gearbox for one of my tunes so that I can see the difference. A customized transmission is worth more than adding most power upgrades and it doesn’t cost any PP points. The transmission is a must on a car that I plan to use long term. If I am detuning for the A-spec races I will sometimes run the stock gearbox. Also, I like numbers that end in zero or five simply because they look cleaner and they are easier to type into tuning sheets.

Transmission Flip
1.) Final Gear to maximum (all the way right)
2.) Max Speed to minimum (all the way left)
3.) Highest Gear to maximum (all the way right – probably rounded)
4.) 2nd Gear to about 80% left (example: for a range of 1.915 to 2.427 I pick 2.000)
5.) For gears 3rd through highest, make relatively even spacing between gears. I tend to leave a little more space between 2nd, 3rd and 4th than I do between 4th, 5th and 6th. If you look closely at my settings you will see that the gear lines get slightly closer as you move from left to right (1st to 6th).
6.) Set top speed through Final Gear, not Max Speed. Do not touch the Max Speed adjustment at any time past step two. Use the Final Gear setting to achieve just before redline on the longest straight.
7.) Set first gear. If for rolling starts I tend to move this slider to the right and match my even spacing. For standing start racing you will need to test out a few. I have been burned a few times in online racing for having these settings too far left. For standing starts, 1st gear may need to be much further to the right. When you have the launch you are looking for, you will then need to go back and even out all of the gears again.
8.) Further optimize the gearbox for a specific track. You may find that a 2nd, 3rd or 4th gear shift is in a bad spot, mid-corner or right before a braking zone. Re-adjust these gears to optimize for the specific track. For example, if the car wants a 2nd to 3rd gear change just before the exit of a key corner, move the 2nd gear slider to the left and re-adjust the spacing of the other gears. Or, for example, if you are nearing a shorter straight section and find the need to shift from 4th to 5th right before a braking zone, move the 4th gear slider to the left then re-adjust the spacing of the other gears.

Link to Praiano's transmission guide. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/praiano-gt6-tunes-mclaren-mp4-12c-10.291084/#post-9004465

Back