Need Advice & Tips for Dirt Trials

SportCoaster

(Banned)
Netherlands
Netherlands
I find myself growing rather frustrated trying to take 1st Place on Dirt Trials, mainly the first track. I keep getting 3rd Place, no matter what Car I used. So far, I used the 1999, 2001 & 2003 variants of the Subaru Impreza Rally Car, as well as one of the fastest Lancia Cars available and at least one Sedan, and a tuned Volkswagen from another Manufacturer that almost breaks the 600PP point, tuned my Cars to reduce top speed in favor of acceleration, set the gears to the biggest focus on acceleration, nothing. Not even Nitrous seems to help.

Can anyone help me out? What is the best Car for Rallying events like this? I've already spent millions of Credits on Cars that ended up not being able to get Terrain Tires, and I feel like I'm quite stumped over here.

Last edited:
These events are in International B. I at least had to look for them the long way round...

Have you set traction control to zero?

I haven't tried that yet, although that may be because of GT Sport probably automatically lowering Traction Control. I guess that's why Rally Races were easier in that game.

I tried the Toscana race with a 206 rally car. It reminded me that these races have rubberbanding as well. That's why I'm sure you'll get the gold sooner rather than later. Maybe stick to an Impreza so you can improve somewhat methodically?

Your advice worked! I reduced Traction Control by 1 and won the first 2 races. I had to reduce it by an extra two for the final Race, but I managed it. Also, I noticed that Car Options are saved for each individual Car.

By the way, do you have any other Tips or Advice for the NASCAR races? I could only finish the first one by the skin of my teeth. I simply can't do the second and third Races.

I've done the NASCAR races only a couple times. While it may take some practice, at least it isn't a full field (as in the races it's based on). The other/regular circuit races, you have one or two other cars to consider. Here it can be four and you won't pass them quickly. So there's several "unique" factors. I don't know which game view you prefer but if you do not see mirrors properly it may unnecessarily complicate it.

Back