Need for Speed Announcement Expected Monday, October 5

Those screenshots look a little underwhelming to me. It looks like the pcversion.

it is a remaster, I think most games remaster doesn't seem to update much from the base game. Most recently Saints Row 3 remaster seem to put more effort than expected since they have huge chunk of the game models got remodelled and redesigned with the usual frame rate and lighting improvement.

I mean...do I really want to play it again...meh. It was great 10 years ago, but I've exhausted it completely so I dunno...maybe i'll give it a go on EA Pass for free (which I assume it'll be on) for a day then that'll be that.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered has been upgraded for today’s generation of hardware with enhanced visuals. The Nintendo Switch version runs at 1080p/30 FPS in docked mode (720p/30 FPS undocked) and includes higher-resolution models, more objects and props, longer draw distance, higher resolution shadows, and improved videos.

Depending on your specifications, 4K/60 FPS is supported on PC, and players can choose between 4K/30 FPS or 1080p/60 FPS on PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X. Base versions of PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will run the game at 1080p/30 FPS. In addition to the listed improvements for the Nintendo Switch version, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC versions are also updated with upressed UI, higher resolution reflections, boosted textures, more particles, and improved AA/SSAO.

Get ready for a heart-pumping and socially competitive racing experience faithfully recreated by Stellar Entertainment, featuring ex-Criterion talent and previously responsible for the critically acclaimed Burnout Paradise Remastered.

1080P 60 on advanced consoles....... I wonder how much better those graphics are going to be because I could not see it in the trailer.

I was really hoping for a nostalgia or something to kick in as I watched the trailer..... nothing. I was even a little bit hyped when the second countdown started with the Heat logo. As soon as those "enchanted graphics" showed an ice cold shower.
It's the same game.. with the same price. Actually I forgot. Was it more than 40€ before? Will wait for it to come to EA Play, Gamepass.

It's the same game.. with the same price. Actually I forgot. Was it more than 40€ before? Will wait for it to come to EA Play, Gamepass.
A quick google search shows me that it was priced at 14,99€ for the base game.

Well, that was definitely one of the silliest trailers I've ever seen for a game.

Wasn't expecting anything new, though. They are claiming 6 hours of new content & challenges, but I'm betting that's all stuff that was contained within' the DLC. Only thing new seems to be car colors & wrap, as they are claiming everything else is pretty much updated features/background things. PC fans will probably get the most out of it as I've read they never had access to the DLC.

They are claiming 6 hours of new content & challenges, but I'm betting that's all stuff that was contained within' the DLC.
I know for sure that I've completed the previous DLCs in less than 2 hours so I'm kinda curious what new content they are bringing in.

This was the single easiest preorder in my life, the month till it comes out will be such a drag but it’ll be so worth it :D

I know for sure that I've completed the previous DLCs in less than 2 hours so I'm kinda curious what new content they are bringing in.
It's been so long for me, you're probably right that the DLC didn't add that much.

Edit* I'm only a few minutes into the gameplay videos C172 posted, but it definitely looks much smoother than before. But I can definitely see why people don't think this game needed a remaster; it really does still look good.

Will be eager to see someone put the old & new versions side-by-side in a video if not done yet.

Car list video:

Polizia LP560-4 livery is gone for some reason, it is just a plain dark blue Gallardo with police written on it now. Both SLRs are gone too.

Big thank you @wicken. :)👍

Carbon Motors has been defunct for a while now, guessing that's why it's gone. Very weird to see the Polizia livery gone. I wonder if gaining licensing rights to the SLR has become an issue for any game as I think Forza has yet bring them back?

Their community manager just replied to me on Twitter. For those who played the original console versions there's basically no new content.

Disappointed that 60fps is not available for the base consoles. Really happy about the remaster otherwise but I’m going to wait for DF’s analysis (if there’ll be one).

MXH
Disappointed that 60fps is not available for the base consoles. Really happy about the remaster otherwise but I’m going to wait for DF’s analysis (if there’ll be one).

Yeah I'm a bit perplexed as to why they couldn't get at least 1080p/60 on base consoles. I mean if Forza 7 can hit 60fps, why can't this with far less geometry?

Anyways this basically looks like a re-issue of the game with very very minor work done. I guess it'll bring in the cash ?

Last edited:
Yeah I'm a bit perplexed as to why they couldn't get at least 1080p/60 on base consoles. I mean if Forza 7 can hit 60fps, why can't this with far less geometry?

Anyways this basically looks like a re-issue of the game with very very minor work done. I guess it'll bring in the cash ?
I assume it’s EA being EA. The bare minimum for the highest RoI. I’m sure they could’ve done it. Or perhaps it’s just too much for the gimped CPUs of the current consoles.

Either way, I’m looking forward to play it but I’ll wait for a sale first.

Didn't played original, so have a question, how online works? It it the same lobby with 30? players, whoever they are cops or racers, and people can continuously chase each other, or?

Back