Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
I think Rom Di Prisco soundtrack for NFS 1-4, unleashed etc was the best IMO. I prefer if they had him compose music for the new ones, his new music would fit perfectly.

I disagree. While I love Rom Di Prisco's soundtracks for the retro NFS games, they just wouldn't fit in a game like Heat.

NFS 1-4 had you driving beautiful supercars down long, dream-like highways and Rom Di Prisco's music was perfect for that. However, I feel it would be quite out of place when you're navigating through grimy city streets with a souped up R34, dodging traffic and the local police department. I think a rap/jungle soundtrack is much more suited for that kind of atmosphere.

It didn't have to stay as menu music, that was the beauty of EA TRAX back in the day.

Even with that point aside, it doesn't matter if it was racing BGM or not. The bottom line is that most people associate Need For Speed with rap music. That's why even the reboots of traditional NFS featured urban music, it has become a mainstay for the series.
Urban music is a bit of a broad term, as all the music from nfs can fit under that whether its rock, electronic, or rap. Anyways back to the game, that music has to be supported, hearing the same song over and over again would get boring *cough* vrally4 *cough* sure it fits as an opening, but it can't hold it's own by being the only part of the soundtrack.

Urban music is a bit of a broad term, as all the music from nfs can fit under that whether its rock, electronic, or rap. Anyways back to the game, that music has to be supported, hearing the same song over and over again would get boring *cough* vrally4 *cough* sure it fits as an opening, but it can't hold it's own by being the only part of the soundtrack.

I used the term "Urban Music" because the inclusion of Rap lead to other genres based on a similar origin being added to more recent soundtracks, such as Grime, Trap and Soul.

I'm not saying Rap and associated genres are the only type of music which should be part of the soundtrack, I was only highlighting the value of its presence.

May I introduce you to rubber-banding. The latest in police capture techniques! :lol:

First, booooooo! Second, in free roam, the cops don't need rubber banding. They just need to deploy at an intersection ahead of you.

Yep, that will have been it. Jim Conrad for the everything in NFS2 as well as car showcases (remember when those were a thing?) in High Stakes and Hot Pursuit 2, and, after having looked into it the tiniest of bits more, Hot Pursuit will indeed have been Al Murdock.

If there is no free roam mode in games, track descriptions should return.

It's at this point that it's important to remind ourselves that games are, above all else, about entertainment. Not everything about real-life is entertaining, some things about real-life suck. So, if you're making a game, realism should only be relevant when it serves the purpose of entertainment.

I'll start by saying that I am entertained by the free roam cop models. Next, these games try to be entertaining by allowing you to do things that you wouldn't normally do in real life. Has anyone blasted by a cruiser doing twice the speed limit? Ran from the cops? Had to avoid roadblocks? If not, then the game allows you to do so without actually going to jail. Again, call me entertained.

To be honest. Drift model worked great in Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2010. BUT. Whole game and map was design to fit that driving model.

I was also going to say that HP 2010 had my favorite handling model. Easy to initiate drifts & you could hold them for days if the road allowed. MW 2012 is a close second. Shift had a great handling model for grip considering we didn't want to drift in normal racing.

To the window!!! To the wall!!

The most iconic NFS song :lol:

I literally missed the train when that song came out. But, I heard it in Underground & into my playlist it went. I also added Two-lane Blacktop from Rob Zombie, so it all evened out.

Also, since this has ventured down memory lane a couple of times, how about a game intro that pumps you up better than some boring CGI gameplay?

I used the term "Urban Music" because the inclusion of Rap lead to other genres based on a similar origin being added to more recent soundtracks, such as Grime, Trap and Soul.

I'm not saying Rap and associated genres are the only type of music which should be part of the soundtrack, I was only highlighting the value of its presence.
*insert something to be irrationally mad about*

I disagree. While I love Rom Di Prisco's soundtracks for the retro NFS games, they just wouldn't fit in a game like Heat.

NFS 1-4 had you driving beautiful supercars down long, dream-like highways and Rom Di Prisco's music was perfect for that. However, I feel it would be quite out of place when you're navigating through grimy city streets with a souped up R34, dodging traffic and the local police department. I think a rap/jungle soundtrack is much more suited for that kind of atmosphere.

It depends where you play the soundtrack. NFS 2015 had an update which puts a lot of Rom's old tracks in the game, and they fit perfectly while you're tuning your car in the garage 👍

I'll start by saying that I am entertained by the free roam cop models. Next, these games try to be entertaining by allowing you to do things that you wouldn't normally do in real life. Has anyone blasted by a cruiser doing twice the speed limit? Ran from the cops? Had to avoid roadblocks? If not, then the game allows you to do so without actually going to jail. Again, call me entertained.

Options, options, options. I don't want the free-roam cops removed from the game because there are people who like them. Even I would like to try having them around every once in a while. I'd like the game to give me the chance to free-roam without pressure as well as free-roam with cops. The more people are happy, the better.

It depends where you play the soundtrack. NFS 2015 had an update which puts a lot of Rom's old tracks in the game, and they fit perfectly while you're tuning your car in the garage 👍

Ah yeah I forgot about that. I prefer to play them over HP 2010 though :)

NFS Heat is going to have a companion app.

image0.png

image0.png

yfcir41axah31.jpg

You can customize your cars there and sync them to the full game.

Megathread in reddit has added list of cars found in the new mobile app files, some notable cars are:

- Ferrari Testarossa
- Mclaren 600LT
- Subaru WRX STI (2006)
- BMW M3 GTR (should be a separate car now instead of a body kit for the E46)

Link:

Well... I it starting to look very interesting. I hope ghost won't kill hopes with poor release.

Also i think it is pretty safe to assume that all cars from Payback are coming back in HEAT. I hope so, because NFS should have plenty of cars.

Last edited:
No cockpit view screams of laziness. I dont care if people say its an arcade game. Many arcade racers that have cockpit view.

Ridiculous at best.

Update: Okay I change my mind a little because I just saw the Ferrari Testarossa in the leaked files just above. If this NFS can bring the magic from past games because I see helicopters and Rhinos returning which means we might get NFS most wanted and Carbon like police chases I think might be interested in getting this game especially if it has steering wheel support. Still cockpit view would have been great Im waiting for a nfs game to feature it but what a bummer.

Because someone has to be "that one guy who brings up Payback every time because Payback actually had a couple of good ideas that were just overshadowed by the many downsides of being a 2017 EA game and having not one but two ungrateful militaristic fanbases":

NFS 1-4 had you driving beautiful supercars down long, dream-like highways and Rom Di Prisco's music was perfect for that.

..Fortune Valley had sections that allowed to do something like that..

However, I feel it would be quite out of place when you're navigating through grimy city streets with a souped up R34, dodging traffic and the local police department.

..and sections that allowed you to do something like that..

I think a rap/jungle soundtrack is much more suited for that kind of atmosphere.

..and Payback had a different playlist based on location and time of day.

The point I'm getting to is this: If Palm City (and I'm slightly annoyed several people have spoiled the fun I would've had everytime I'd say that name) is as big and varied as Fortune Valley (which, while we don't know yet, they certainly haven't made a big number of it thus far), I don't see why they couldn't repeat that trick, especially given that they've done away with the dynamic day/night transitions (that sounds awfully familiar) because.. reasons?

Or, you know, take a leaf out of literally every other open-world games book and make a few different "radio stations" (or just plain old playlists) for different tastes. Seriously though, why has it taken NFS this long to cotton on to this? GTA's been doing it for long enough for its first radio stations to be considered of legal drinking age in the vast majority of countries, so it's not exactly a new concept. Alternatively, regardless of how the soundtrack turns out, there's always the option of muting it and firing up *insert music streaming service/YouTube here*.

On a different note, not only is the supposed discovery of a Testarossa fitting on multiple levels (I'll give you a hint and say that one of them has no relation to Palm City being a Miami ripoff), it has also made me realise that this might just be the largest number of 70's, 80's and 90's sports- and supercars in an NFS game at launch since.. oh dear, one moment.. Testarossa, Countach, Diablo, 993, 930 it's actually "just" a 911, NSX.. High Stakes? Not even the three Criterion-had-a-hand-in-this games come close to that number without DLC. There are definitely some conclusions to be jumped to based on this..

If all of this post comes true, bump the Hype-O-Meter to a solid 4. Let's see what the gameplay thingy they're supposedly releasing today has to offer.

Last edited:
Because someone has to be "that one guy who brings up Payback every time because Payback actually had a couple of good ideas that were just overshadowed by the many downsides of being a 2017 EA game and having not one but two ungrateful militaristic fanbases":

..Fortune Valley had sections that allowed to do something like that..

..and Payback had a different playlist based on location and time of day.

The point I'm getting to is this: If Palm City (and I'm slightly annoyed several people have spoiled the fun I would've had everytime I'd say that name) is as big and varied as Fortune Valley (which, while we don't know yet, they certainly haven't made a big number of it thus far), I don't see why they couldn't repeat that trick, especially given that they've done away with the dynamic day/night transitions (that sounds awfully familiar) because.. reasons?

Or, you know, take a leaf out of literally every other open-world games book and make a few different "radio stations" (or just plain old playlists) for different tastes. Seriously though, why has it taken NFS this long to cotton on to this? GTA's been doing it for long enough for its first radio stations to be considered of legal drinking age in the vast majority of countries, so it's not exactly a new concept. Alternatively, regardless of how the soundtrack turns out, there's always the option of muting it and firing up *insert music streaming service/YouTube here*.

On a different note, not only is the supposed discovery of a Testarossa fitting on multiple levels (I'll give you a hint and say that one of them has no relation to Palm City being a Miami ripoff), it has also made me realise that this might just be the largest number of 70's, 80's and 90's sports- and supercars in an NFS game at launch since.. oh dear, one moment.. Testarossa, Countach, Diablo, 993, 930.. High Stakes? Not even the three Criterion-had-a-hand-in-this games come close to that number without DLC. There are definitely some conclusions to be jumped to based on this..

If all of this post comes true, bump the Hype-O-Meter to a solid 4. Let's see what the gameplay thingy they're supposedly releasing today has to offer.

A dlc featuring 90s icons especially from the old school nfs would greatly be appreciated I mean cars like

550 Maranello
F50
CLK GTR
Mclaren F1 LM
Jaguar XJR 15
Lamborghini Cala
BMW Nazca
Isdera Commendatore
Lotus Elise GT1

A dlc featuring 90s icons especially from the old school nfs would greatly be appreciated I mean cars like

550 Maranello
F50
CLK GTR
Mclaren F1 LM
Jaguar XJR 15
Lamborghini Cala
BMW Nazca
Isdera Commendatore
Lotus Elise GT1

As far as I'm aware, we don't have the full car list just yet, so it's entirely possible one or two of these might slip in. Given that they have added both a Countach and a Testarossa, I'd even go as far as to say they stand a reasonable chance. Either that or that's about all the something-something-roots-of-the-franchise Ghost can be bothered to do, but hey, at least it will have brought a Countach and Testarossa.

If the former happens to be correct, I consider my idea from Thursday officially a wasted opportunity if Ghost aren't already planning on something like it.

No cockpit view screams of laziness. I dont care if people say its an arcade game. Many arcade racers that have cockpit view.

Ridiculous at best.

It is expected but still disappointing, I managed to play Midnight Club LA last year for the first time last year and cockpit view and street racing feels amazing. Also the camera shake in MC LA is fantastic.

I think even arcade games like these with B2D physics is still fun in cockpit view, HP2010 was fantastic in cockpit view through cam hack:

550 Maranello
F50
CLK GTR
Mclaren F1 LM
Jaguar XJR 15
Lamborghini Cala
BMW Nazca
Isdera Commendatore
Lotus Elise GT1

Has any of these 3 appear in a game after NFS2?

- Lamborghini Cala
- BMW Nazca
- Isdera Commendatore

I would happily pay for that DLC just to have those 3 cars again.

Last edited:
It is expected but still disappointing, I managed to play Midnight Club LA last year for the first time last year and cockpit view and street racing feels amazing. Also the camera shake in MC LA is fantastic.

I think even arcade games like these with B2D physics is still fun in cockpit view, HP2010 was fantastic cockpit view through cam hack:

Has any of these 3 appear in a game after NFS2?

- Lamborghini Cala
- BMW Nazca
- Isdera Commendatore

I would happily pay for that DLC just to have those 3 cars again.

Nope unfortunately also how can I forget the Ford GT90.

How high does your hype meter go? Does it max out at 5 or 10?

And a Buick GNX?!?!? Damn, I might pre-order it today...after the gameplay trailer...maybe. :lol:

How high does your hype meter go? Does it max out at 5 or 10?

And a Buick GNX?!?!? Damn, I might pre-order it today...after the gameplay trailer...maybe. :lol:

It already was in Payback :D So i think we will get all payback cars + something new.

Back