Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
After playing a few more races Im disappointed. The city is so empty and the game froze on me. Im getting some Payback vibes.
The game doesn't feel fully polished. Reviews will be very interesting.

After playing a few more races Im disappointed. The city is so empty and the game froze on me. Im getting some Payback vibes.
The game doesn't feel fully polished. Reviews will be very interesting.
The city seems the opposite from empty in free roam. The night races have enough traffic without it ruining the race and there’s loads of traffic in night free roam from what I’ve played

6 hours in only noticeable bug I’ve come across is getting instantly busted by cops without wrecking or the busted meter filling up

I saw some friends videos with obstacles collisions... It is so bizzare and glitched that i think it will ruin some fun. No matter what speed you will hit huge concrete pole it will fly away like if you were in a Tank doing 200 km/h....

The level cap for the trial is 10. All I can do now is grind for money until Friday. Currently have $460,000. Hopefully, I can reach a million by then.

I've played the trial for about an hour so far and I'm really enjoying it! The handling is a huge improvement over the previous 2 games IMO, although admittedly I haven't driven anything really quick yet. The cutscenes and story aren't as cringey as I thought they would be and the customisation menus feel nice to use. The graphics feel very polished compared to Payback, too.

Here's my M3, apologies for it being a photo of the screen, it was just gone midnight and I couldn't be bothered to transfer the actual image :lol:

XfRIK1.jpg

Does my EA Access trial progress carry over to my deluxe edition Pre order?
Yes, yes it does. I asked the same question yesterday and @Master Weasel confirmed it. ;)👍

First Impressions after playing the 10-hour trial are...holy bananas. Am I dreaming? What a humongous improvement over Payback! The cop chases are definitely the highlight of the game. Don't bother with the daytime cops because they'll literally let you get away with murder unless you scrape their patrol car; it's night time where you can really have a go at those jerks. There were a few times where I was literally caught off guard by a unit ramming me (especially those pesky Corvettes!), and I've been busted a handful of times now. They were not kidding when they said it was high-risk, high-reward.

As for the physics, I can definitely feel a major improvement over Payback. One thing that I would recommend instantly is to not build your car to be maximum drifting... you're going to have a very bad time if you do that. I've been max-grip building all of my cars, and because the brake-to-drift mechanic doesn't make you go as fast as it used to, it makes winning most of the races an absolute cakewalk, since the AI seem to still use Payback and 2015s system of drifting corners.

The voice acting I feel has been a dramatic improvement. No more Tyler Morgan spewing his "mommy's little boy" cringy lines, or Mac going "HUNGH!!" everytime you drive over a freaking bump. I can definitely say that whoever voiced Shaw really made you want to punch him in the face by the end of the game. Sure, there's still some lines that could have been delivered better (especially Lucas), but it's definitely a major step up.

I can confidently say that this is probably the best Need for Speed game of this decade. It took them a few attempts but I think they're definitely on the right track to challenge the BlackBox-era games. Unlike Payback and 2015, I can actually see myself returning to this game in the future after all is said and done.

How do you get cars in this game? Do you have to buy each car or is it free after you unlock?

Anyone know what is the max money you can get? Is it like Forza Horizon $999,999,999?

While Forza Horizon 4 and The Crew 2 were released back in 2018, both are still receiving content updates and continuous support.

Ironically, this. There's been plenty of talk in this forum about how the only real difference between NFS and these two is "but cops" and how that's an extremely specific niche to cater to, especially when one considers just how far behind they've been in just about any other area.

With Heat.. It feels a little like Ghost have finally realised that they do not, in fact, work in a bubble where nobody makes games but them and/or they ship games based solely on three letters on the cover, but rather have to contend with an open-world driving game genre that - while maybe not as crowded as it was at the start of the decade - is alive, kicking and constantly evolving. As it should be.

That's what I mean when I say Heat is "solid" - it's the equivalent of a car with all level 1 upgrades; it'll keep you competitive for a while, but neither its speed nor handling will overwhelm you in any way, and if you're not careful, the competition is still going to overtake you. It's a decent setup for now, but they still need to build on it.

As for the traffic thing, I've done a bit more science: you know that road in Downtown that goes from the industrial-ish area just north of it to the circly-thingy in the southern end? I drove that road from start to finish - not all of it obeying the speed limit, mind - taking care to note each and every car I passed - driving, parked, on that road or on an adjoining one.

My final count was 27. Most of which were indeed not on what I assume would be a major arterie in the city. Considering just how long a stretch of road that is, surely bumping the traffic spawn rates (at least when you're just freeroaming around and the cops aren't on your tail - though Most Wanted did that thing where it despawned civillian traffic beyond a certain heat level, nudge nudge) up to roughly those numbers occurring on that street itself wouldn't hurt. It is *current year* after all.

Been playing this game on a moderately high end PC rig on a mixture of 1080p and 4K. I’ve got to say, in general I’m liking it so far.

Pros; Handling is leaps better than NFS 2015/Payback (I can actually grip now!), customization’s always great, great visual aesthetic, amazing sound track, cops are aggressive.

Cons; While still very much enjoyable, handling in general still feels a bit understeery, not enough traffic; city feels dead.

TL;DR - 7.5/10. This is what NFS 2015 should have been.

So can you save the game before a race and if you get busted and loose all your money, can you quit before it says you’re busted and restart where you left off?

I have my controller set to Grip settings mainly with a little brake I can drift but prefer to use the handbrake. Nice and easy to use and not frustrating like previous games.

Last edited:
Just reach the trial cap last night, the handling feels much better for racing now. It still feels similar to the previous games but much more refine and the car doesn't feel like it has a mind of his own. Drift physics feels really off, it either wheelspins or weirdly grip the turns when I wanted it to drift. The map feels big but weirdly empty, I felt like I saw more traffic cars during the night race than during the day at open world. Cops are brutal and the health mechanic makes it quite tense, having the huge Range Rover for cop chases is fun.

One thing I notice is the car unlocks are a bit weird, previous games starter cars like S2000, BRZ, Civic EK9 and Golf MK1 requires much higher level to unlock (level 12+) while 370z, RX7, M3 E46 and the new Z4 unlocks at level 8.

Are you able to make all the wheels wider? The wheels look to be on the thin side.

You can't, I think all rims has the same thickness now.

Can any of you guys let me know if this game has custom button mapping for consoles? Disappointed that Payback didn't. I want to map it like Forza's.

Another question is the vibration feedback on the controller any good? Didn't like Payback's feedback. Example is it is not as responsive as Forza's.

Thanks.

Playing now, pick the chick character and woah her voice so deep lol, but I pick that 180sx as first car and man what a bad choice, or maybe I forgot how handling is for a need for speed game since I haven’t played one since pro street. I’m sliding all over the place.

Well, my trial ended. I managed to farm up to $1.3 million. The time trial events are a really good way to get money fast. Can’t wait to hit the ground running on Friday. 👍

Well, my trial ended. I managed to farm up to $1.3 million. The time trial events are a really good way to get money fast. Can’t wait to hit the ground running on Friday. 👍

thanks for letting me know, I was just about to ask how to make money fast, what level you need to be for the time trail ?

thanks for letting me know, I was just about to ask how to make money fast, what level you need to be for the time trail ?

I don’t know the exact level when they start to appear, but since the trial caps out at REP level 10, it won’t take long to unlock them.

The events only take 1-2 minutes to do, and I was getting 22K per run on average. Just don’t beat the ghost by a huge margin and you can keep milking them. :)

Back