Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
One thing I could critisize regarding this game mechanics is the damage system. Absolutely inconsistent. So the game just shows that a full head on slam onto walls and cliffs is less damaging than a light tap of a speeding traffic?

And don't get me started on the police. The amount of damage you can inflict to a police car is literally the same as when police car will do to you, is that easy to get destroyed by them.

The EVO and the Regera are just average.
Regera has the highest top speed while Evo is much faster than RSR imho in most of technical time trials, circuits that have more >90 degrees hard turns than straights and light to medium turns, and off roading.

Not really OP overall but its really useful in certain situations just to smash a new time record.

Regera has the highest top speed while Evo is much faster than RSR imho in most of technical time trials, circuits that have more >90 degrees hard turns than straights and light to medium turns, and off roading.

Not really OP overall but its really useful in certain situations just to smash a new time record.
I can't think of any track or situation where the EVO can beat the RSR. I did a lot of testing because I really wanted to find a mach for the RSR, but still couldn't get near it with anything. And you can find a lot of videos that will prove my thoughts.
I will test the top speed of the Regera on the highway just to be sure. When I tested it on the oval there were so many cars that can beat it. Huarya, F40, Pista, MX5 can easily beat it. The Regera just lack the grip to carry the speed.
The off-road is still a mystery to me. But I will choose the old Impreza if I have to anytime. It just drive better.

Could you share your setup on the Evo? I got one and I find it pretty darn average, the car is too darn stiff to make most turns for me from the few tracks I used to test out cars. From what I tested, the F40, 240ZG and Beetle is much faster than the Evo.

RSR with a competent driver is the best car in the game by a large margin (4-5 second lead on most tracks). Anyone who suggests otherwise is either misinformed, has only raced against crappy online drivers, or a clickbait youtuber desperate for views.

- Regera is useless in 99% of situations. All it has going for it is top speed which it'll rarely ever get to in most racing situations.
- Evo IX is a joke.
- Ferrari F40 and Pagani Huayra are effectively tied for 2nd place with the Ford GT not far behind.
- Fastest Japanese car in the game is the 1971 Skyline 2000GT-R. In terms of cars overall it's like... 5th? 6th best?
- Most of the "higher-end" variants of cars (FXX K, P1 GTR, Nismo GT-R) suck.

Do you need an RSR for casual play? No, but there is no question that it is the best car in the game from a competitive standpoint.

It seems we were also going to get the 2015 Lamborghini Aventador SV.

It seems somebody was able to mod the car back into the game.

I think the SV 2015 was removed to make way for the SVJ. Afterall the game has 4 aventadors. If this car was not removed we could have got 5 aventadors.

It seems NFS loves its Aventador variants.

Regarding Aventadors: don't get the regular S version if you're going to race with it. It turns worse than any GT-R.

The SVJ however is excellent.

To be honest... I would be fine with 5 aventadors. If they already made it why we can't get it? :P

Honestly I like the SVJ but I prefer the 2015 SV more.

SVJ is just too overkill for my tastes. SV just looks perfect really.

Behold my magnum opus: My Lamborghini Countach with satan V10 engine swap. Not the fastest, but bloddy HELL it sounded very good.

Its also fitting with neon vaporwave style of the game because Countach.

I dont care if I wasted 310k just to engine swap this. Worth every single penny, lmao. Not really sure the car origin of this engine.

I’m pretty certain it’s the Huracan’s V10. 👍

On the subject of engine swaps, I’m pretty sure I’ve violated the automotive equivalent of the Geneva Convention many times with some of the cars I’ve built. :P

Off the top of my head I’ve done the following.

A V6 Huracan Spyder with Super Trofeo bodykit.

A Lambo V10 swapped Aventador S

A rally spec Aston V12 powered GT-R Nismo

A Viper V10 swapped Aventador S Spyder in drift spec.

An F40 with the Polestar 1’s 2.0 4 banger hybrid swap, plus a twin screw supercharger.

A Foxbody Mustang with a non turbo version of the Ferrari 488’s V8, complete with Trans Am style Aero and a 4 speed gearbox.

A Lotus Exige with a 2.5 F4 turbo swap.

A 458 Italia also with the Polestar Hybrid swap and GT Aero package.

A 488 GTB also with a GT Aero package, but a 3.8 F6 swapped in.

A VW Beetle in off-road spec and a 2.2 4 banger diesel from the Land Rover Defender.

A Ford GT with a 5.0 V8 swap from the Jaguar F Type, Still Supercharged.

An Off road spec, P1 Swapped, Lambo Aventador SVJ Spyder.

And last, but definitely not least, A non turbo, V6 powered Corvette Grand Sport.

Yeah some people like me shouldn’t have this sorta of freedom this game can offer, because automotive sacrilege is never too far away. :mischievous:

Pretty sure Huracan in real life does not sound like that. Its sounded like a Carerra GT or Lexus LFA. What was Ghost thinking?

My build is partially influenced by this video btw:

And you’re correct, it doesn’t, it sounds like it’s predecessor the Gallardo.

The LFA and Carrera GT have a distinct note to their respective V10 barks, same for the Gallardo and that’s what i’m hearing from your Lambo. :P

Fast Lane Gaming did a video which shows what the standard Hurracan sounds like and the solution to make it sound like an actual Hurracan.;) 👍

I’m pretty certain it’s the Huracan’s V10. 👍

On the subject of engine swaps, I’m pretty sure I’ve violated the automotive equivalent of the Geneva Convention many times with some of the cars I’ve built. :P

Off the top of my head I’ve done the following.

A V6 Huracan Spyder with Super Trofeo bodykit.

A Lambo V10 swapped Aventador S

A rally spec Aston V12 powered GT-R Nismo

A Viper V10 swapped Aventador S Spyder in drift spec.

An F40 with the Polestar 1’s 2.0 4 banger hybrid swap, plus a twin screw supercharger.

A Foxbody Mustang with a non turbo version of the Ferrari 488’s V8, complete with Trans Am style Aero and a 4 speed gearbox.

A Lotus Exige with a 2.5 F4 turbo swap.

A 458 Italia also with the Polestar Hybrid swap and GT Aero package.

A 488 GTB also with a GT Aero package, but a 3.8 F6 swapped in.

A VW Beetle in off-road spec and a 2.2 4 banger diesel from the Land Rover Defender.

A Ford GT with a 5.0 V8 swap from the Jaguar F Type, Still Supercharged.

An Off road spec, P1 Swapped, Lambo Aventador SVJ Spyder.

And last, but definitely not least, A non turbo, V6 powered Corvette Grand Sport.

Yeah some people like me shouldn’t have this sorta of freedom this game can offer, because automotive sacrilege is never too far away. :mischievous:
You see this is why I find the engine swap concept really weird.

My gameplay videos if you interested....

Duo red RWB in final mission.

First car from my own trailer in action. Go BMW M3 Group A.

Rallying with the most horsepower.

VW Beetle Bug with l6 engine swap doing the same thing.

And finally, Earl Evo doing the same thing. Not sure why I liked rallying that much.

Tweet from community manager:

Hopefully we should be getting a UTH article detailing the next update in the next week or two.

If anyone is looking for a crew to do night events with join mine.
Nightracing, drifting, drag racing and straight up getting rep from destroying cops in on ps4 crew name. Myogi knight kids

Finally got all ultimate parts. Took me 2 days (3 hours for the 11 ultimate and another 3 hours for the last 4 ultimate+). The Heat 3 events are real easy surprisingly. You just do 1 discovery race (make sure you pick one that finishes closest to the event you want) and you're already level 3. Do a race and just escape no sweat.

Heat 5 is a bit harder but mainly in trying to get to the required heat and getting to the race without encountering cops. First try I did 2 discovery races + 1 other race, did a few jumps en route and completed the race easily. Got the trophy for 1 million rep in one night too. So far so good.

Second try, I tried doing 4 discovery races. While quicker, your chance of encountering cops are also greatly increased this time because your total heat/rep is also so much higher. The heat 5 race itself is a complete mess with cops everywhere. After finishing, they are literally throwing rhinos and helicopters every 5 seconds. I went through the full 3 gas stations and 2 repair kits and still couldn't escape, got wrecked and got busted for the first time in this game :(

Third attempt, did 3 discovery race, and a few jumps. Just as I was about to start the race a cop literally spawned in front of me :mad::mad::mad: Luckily I escaped and could return again to start the race. Went off smoothly this time.

Fourth attempt, I used the n00b method of grinding XP (laps of speedway oval + jump). Weirdly enough, this took so much faster than doing races and there is literally zero police presence even at heat 5. Got to the race without issue, win, and escaped pretty easily too. Rinse repeat for fifth attempt and final ultimate+ part.

From monitoring the heat bar, it seems that the rep you get from races are NOT multiplied until you reach safehouse for the night. Whereas the rep from activities (jump/speedtrap) are multiplied live according to your current heat level (and understandably, do not get multiplied again when you reach safehouse). The Heat 3 race's rep do not get multiplied until the end, but Heat 5 does get multiplied live. Confusing, I know.

If you're math oriented:

1 discovery race (47k rep) + 1 heat 3 race (~50k rep) = 97k * 4 = roughly 400k rep

3 discovery race (47k * 3 will get you to heat 4.5) + some activities to get heat 5 (50k rep) + 1 heat 5 race (~60k rep) = 141000*5 + 50000 + 60000*5 = 1,055,000 rep

Speedway + jump method to get heat 5 (200k rep) + 1 heat 5 race (60k) = 200k + (60k * 5) = roughly 500k rep

TLDR basically the easiest and fastest way to get to heat 5 is the speedway laps + jump method. However your total rep gain for the night will be lower than doing races. The maximum "safe" number of races in one night before cops get outta control seems to be around 4 races. Anymore and you're seriously risking your chances of escaping, unless you're really good at this game and/or get lucky with cop spawnage.

Anywhoo enough with running from the cops. I'm aiming for collectibles now. Halfway through after 2 days. Then aiming for activities, then online trophies. After that it's grinding credits to buy all cars. I calculated it would take 9 hours of the oval race. I missed the Time Trial method and all my ghosts are already very fast :( Otherwise this would be so much easier.

Tweet from community manager:

Hopefully we should be getting a UTH article detailing the next update in the next week or two.

I hope so, I really need something to bring me back to the game other than jumping on every now and then to modify a car.

So i started over and pretty much only buy the p1 gtr now no seriously :lol:

Need for Speed™ Heat_20200115185958.png

Wonder what that poor bmw is thinking being surrounded by p1 gtrs :lol:

Anyway time to start the collectibles.

If one does a High heat race with a check mark on it, that means it's a duplicate part right?
I only have a handful of ultimate parts that need to be unlocked, (5 to be exact)

If one does a High heat race with a check mark on it, that means it's a duplicate part right?
I only have a handful of ultimate parts that need to be unlocked, (5 to be exact)
No, you will get duplicates once you collect all the parts. The check mark only show that you have already completed that race in the past.

No, you will get duplicates once you collect all the parts. The check mark only show that you have already completed that race in the past.

There are times when I know I have done them and then they don't have that mark.
So I don't know if that's the case or not.
So I guess it really all depends I guess.

There are times when I know I have done them and then they don't have that mark.
So I don't know if that's the case or not.
So I guess it really all depends I guess.
There are races with different PR. Those are marked differently.

Well I got all my ultimate parts, so no more night racing for awhile.
Just collectables, and activities for now.

Back