Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Just resumed testing cars since I've finished with GRID. Doing all the old muscle cars now and surprisingly a lot of them can come close to 400 PR stock. The Foxbody Mustang just about reached 400 but handles like a boat :lol: Have another dozen cars to go and I'm done with this game.

I find it weird that they've gone eerily silent on further updates. I know they're moving staff and with the virus situation things are slowing down, but you'd expect the next content to be ready to go by now. Two cars, some bodykits and some lines of code for a list of missions ain't that hard to program. NFS No Limits just had a massive update this week with 3 cars (Bugatti LVN, NSX and Becks Customs), and that game is nearing 5 years old...

This game is dumb. They have pretty decent handling model but don't let it do it's job half the time.

Last edited:
Out of boredom, I did AWD conversions on these Hondas. They are equipped with:

Suspension: PRO Race Suspension
Tires: ELITE Race Tires
Differential: SUPER Rally Differential

Note: Putting a SUPER Track Suspension will revert them back to FWD, so better stick with PRO Race Suspension to make them AWD. The EK9 is the more agile one, with occasional loss of control on high speeds.

FC0FAA51-7946-4472-B2C4-942BF0435DED.jpeg

C51238FC-2E26-4F29-A354-0D60B0EDBDF2.jpeg

I would say the EK9 was a success, but the RSX handled like a boat.

Strangely enough, they still retain the torque steer, despite them (somehow) rear-biased judging the burnouts.

Last edited:

Note: Putting a SUPER Track Suspension will revert them back to FWD, so better stick with PRO Race Suspension to make them AWD. The EK9 is the more agile one, with occasional loss of control on high speeds.

View attachment 914371

View attachment 914372

Strangely enough, they still retain the torque steer, despite them (somehow) rear-biased judging the burnouts.
pc??

Again, how do people figure out the drivetrain change? Do you delve into the game files on PC? Or you just do a standing burnout and see which wheels spin?

Also, is it just differential offroad parts that convert your car to 4WD? Does offroad suspension or tyres change anything?

Again, how do people figure out the drivetrain change? Do you delve into the game files on PC? Or you just do a standing burnout and see which wheels spin?

I basically thought of the same logic that NFS Payback’s default setup on Off-Road spec cars.

Also, is it just differential offroad parts that convert your car to 4WD? Does offroad suspension or tyres change anything?

You have to experiment on the suspension, diff, and tire combos because having the best parts won't make them AWD.

I put SUPER Track Suspension on my EK9 and it reverted to FWD. The tires? Not really, it's okay even on ELITE Race tires.

A standing burnout will tell the drivetrain change. FWD to AWD will have all the wheels spin but the rear ones will generate the smoke. But on the move, I can tell that they're more of a 50:50 split.

Again, the EK9 so far for me produced the best result. It sometimes even oversteers on high speed turns when steered too much.

Last edited:
Each handling upgrade will contribute points to a handling bucket (Grip, Drift, Offroad, Onroad, and Drag) which modifies the handling. If you have parts from different handling buckets, the game will interpolate the difference between them.

None of them have any unique effects on their own except for the tires (which increase tire grip with each tier).

I basically thought of the same logic that NFS Payback’s default setup on Off-Road spec cars.

You have to experiment on the suspension, diff, and tire combos because having the best parts won't make them AWD.

I put SUPER Track Suspension on my EK9 and it reverted to FWD. The tires? Not really, it's okay even on ELITE Race tires.

A standing burnout will tell the drivetrain change. FWD to AWD will have all the wheels spin but the rear ones will generate the smoke. But on the move, I can tell that they're more of a 50:50 split.

Again, the EK9 so far for me produced the best result. It sometimes even oversteers on high speed turns when steered too much.

The Super suspension reverting the drivetrain really threw me in a loop. I've been putting speedcross diff on a lot of FWDs expecting it to handle better, but also put Super suspension without knowing. Gonna use Pro parts from now on thanks to you 👍

Generally for most cars I use Track suspension, Race tires and Track/Showcase/Speedcross diff depending on how much I need oversteer. I was also using Track tires for the longest time until I realised Race tires give even more grip and has less understeer in general. Definitely a lot of experimenting in the tuning aspect.

For offroad do you recommend rally or speedcross parts, or a combination? Also for tires do you use rally or pure off road tires?

For offroad do you recommend rally or speedcross parts, or a combination? Also for tires do you use rally or pure off road tires?

I use Rally parts all the way except for the tires in which I use Off-Road ones. I noticed that Off-Road tires make the car traverse through the dirt much better and therefore increase your top speed on that surface.

Again, experiment on the combination of parts. The game now basically teaches everyone that having a unison of a certain type of parts doesn’t guarantee the best performance.

Also, I noticed that Engine Swaps do play a role in handling. Generally, a smaller displacement engine will make the car more nimble.

In my aforementioned post, I equipped the AMG GT C Roadster the 5.2 liter V12. But then I swapped it again for a 3.9 liter V8. The result? The car became more nimble and even accelerate better with a better top speed. The 8.4 V10 makes cars handle like boats (except for the MRs)

Today, I had earned some money to buy again the Polestar 1. Swapped it with the Forged 3.8 V6, as it is the only engine that can make the car reach 400+ PR.

Polestar 1.jpg

I once hated the car because it handled like a boat, but now with experimenting with the combination of parts, I deduced that it will make for a decent handling car if you put all RACE parts in it.

I equipped it with the following:

PRO Race Suspension
ELITE Race Tires
PRO Race Differential
+5 Steering Sensitivity
+5 Downforce
Brake Drift style

The result is a much better handling car than with all TRACK parts installed.

I learned that any handling part that has "On-Road" in its description spells understeer. But that is useful for twitchy cars or for drift setups.

Just about every car in this game wants to understeer at the limit. Tuning in this game isn't very deep beyond making your car drift in different ways.

Just about every car in this game wants to understeer at the limit. Tuning in this game isn't very deep beyond making your car drift in different ways.

What I actually like about this game is the fact that one has the free reign on what type of handling the player is going to give to the car. Putting the highest tier handling parts simply won't work on all cars.

The Polestar 1 is a heavy car and it won't be in the same level as the RSR, Huayra, 488 Pista, etc... but putting the Race parts made it handle sharper but at least it became a decent car to use now.

The Beetle is the polar opposite. Some On-Road parts are needed to make it stable without resorting to Drag tires.

The game wants us to experiment on tuning setups, something that appeals to players who are into detailed tuning. I'm also happy that the "Drift Boost" is completely gone.

What I actually like about this game is the fact that one has the free reign on what type of handling the player is going to give to the car. Putting the highest tier handling parts simply won't work on all cars.
This seems less like a product of design and more like a product of all the parts having the exact same effect on every single car.

If the game wanted us to actual invest in tuning, they would give us actual tuning options and not consolidate everything to a confusing part system that doesn't explain anything.

There are no sources other than this user's post at this point, and it's possible that this image is also fake, but Heat may support cross-play in a future update.

PvP would certainly be a big plus for me. I can see myself playing some more. The PvP we have now is just not working for me. I had a few good races... It is just that players in the lobby usually don't like racing with me. :(

I can't wait to have more cars that will drive exactly the same as the rest of the cars in the game.

Perhaps some of us like the idea of having more cars to customise because we appreciate the aesthetic appeal of the game, but go off, I guess.

I can't wait to have more cars that will drive exactly the same as the rest of the cars in the game.

It is NFS, as long it has parts for me to make an abomination out of it and I'll be happy. Most arcade driving style games drive similarily anyway.

That's your problem; the main appeal behind adding more cars is having more vehicles to customise. Again, it's the aesthetic appeal that's being catered for here.
I'm agree in you in that, personally, I do like the fact we have both normal and convertible variants of some cars in heat (considering the enviroment Palm City has and the look some convertibles give against the normals)... The only gripe I have though are the special versions (like the GTR or 370z nismo, not the KS or the classic nfs cars)... Ghost could EASILY made them as parts for their base counterparts (which means EVEN MORE customization) but instead they made them full models (with less customization than their bases). A waste of space IMO since they could as well use that space for more cars.

Back