Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
Drift events at night is stupid. I'm pretty glad they never can be High Heat events.

In fact, drift events at day are also kinda stupid.. in terms of the payout. Just maybe give an incentive, since money is a lot easier to earn racing.

Add to the fact that there's no consolation prize. Reach the score limit, or you get a big fat ZERO.

Not to mention you will not be able to lose cops easily on full drift set up.

Not to mention you will not be able to lose cops easily on full drift set up.

But you can quickly swap parts to race set in options menu. Even during pursuit. This is the way of loosing cops after Drift event. I like them, but this events are bad for grinding.

On the other hand i wonder why there are no Offroad Night Races. It could be fun. They could add them in the future with for example Police Ford F150 for AI.

So it turns out that the key to drifting for me was to fit drag tyres. My Silvia now slides like a dream and I've been able to easily reach 3 stars on every drift zone. It feels so intuitive now! I recommend it to anyone who might be struggling with the drift zones or the events.

Interior view would require new car interior models and animations. There's 127 cars in the game. Do the math.
I just wish we had interior view at least in the garage like in Underground 2.
0B18C281-2E33-47CF-AECA-E68185BB05CA.jpeg

Actually you can buy SoundSystem in NFS Heat (and Payback) but i don't understand role of it. You can't see it, it doesn't add anything it is just creditsgrab :(

But you can quickly swap parts to race set in options menu. Even during pursuit. This is the way of loosing cops after Drift event. I like them, but this events are bad for grinding.

On the other hand i wonder why there are no Offroad Night Races. It could be fun. They could add them in the future with for example Police Ford F150 for AI.

I play online mostly, so this will not help. Game doesn't pause. I can't even swap cars at night, if have a heat level.

I would recommend everyone to actually practice the drifting with showcase parts.
I found using elite drift tires with showcase suspension and gears works well.

I play online mostly, so this will not help. Game doesn't pause. I can't even swap cars at night, if have a heat level.
Not sure if it will work online but offline I found I could go to a race or time trial that allows you to change your car by hitting R1. Then just back out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interior view would require new car interior models and animations. There's 127 cars in the game. Do the math.
And Forza 7 has like 700 cars and each one has Interior view.
Project cars 2 has 232 cars all with Interior view.

I know its a pure arcade racing game but lets not use amount of cars as a reason.

Well that not a issue at all, they can contract another developer for that like Kunos on the two The Crew for the mayority of the 3D cars models.

No interior view could be a tech issue as well, they need support for more animation like the speedometer, gear shifting, wipers and working mirrors. It is more than just modelling a detailed interior, all this stuff cost a lot more money that EA probably unwilling to spend on NFS these days.

The amount of new car content for Heat is a lot lesser compared to Payback too. Good amount of them are variants of existing car with no customisation and most of the existing cars get no new parts. Whatever budget they have in building models probably went to buy the open world and did minimal work on the cars this time.

Last edited:
Well that not a issue at all, they can contract another developer for that like Kunos on the two The Crew for the mayority of the 3D cars models.
They already outsource the car models as is. It's just the sheer amount of cars that they have to work on and the amount of work that needs to be done to make something like interior cam work. This is before we even consider stuff like polygon budgets and other logistical issues.

And Forza 7 has like 700 cars and each one has Interior view.
Project cars 2 has 232 cars all with Interior view.

I know its a pure arcade racing game but lets not use amount of cars as a reason.

I'm assuming that Turn10 has a much larger studio and budget than Ghost has for Need for Speed!

They could but that's a huge cost and we don't know what the budget for the game was.

I'm assuming that Turn10 has a much larger studio and budget than Ghost has for Need for Speed!

They could but that's a huge cost and we don't know what the budget for the game was.
As a consumer i really don't care what there budget is as a consumer my only concern is that the game i'm buying has features that i enjoy in other games and interior view is one of them.

But i understand i dont blame ghost

IS EA AFTER ALL

Any Crews that I can join? The starter Crew I’m in, well about half of them haven’t played the game in almost a week.

Same for me.

Finally obtained all ultimate plus parts, well, it's time to hit the top road.

What level do you have to be to unlock the ultimate plus parts? I am at rep level 29. It's getting more difficult to get to each rep level now. I am wondering how some of you reach to rep level 50 so fast.

Same for me.
What level do you have to be to unlock the ultimate plus parts? I am at rep level 29. It's getting more difficult to get to each rep level now. I am wondering how some of you reach to rep level 50 so fast.

Don't worry, after PR 350 you'll get minimum 500,000 rep. per night without too much effort. Also take a note, they all have to be won in high heat races, so you better to start participating in them to be familiar. You actually don't need to be first there, but at least third to get a part. If you play on hard and not in meta car, this will be quite hard:).

Do you need to be at a certain level to use the Fast Travel feature? I am only getting a map and the yellow line direction when I hit the Fast Travel button. It does not take me anywhere on the map.

Do you need to be at a certain level to use the Fast Travel feature? I am only getting a map and the yellow line direction when I hit the Fast Travel button. It does not take me anywhere on the map.

It works only for certain locations.

Hideouts, Car Dealer, Part Shop.

You can't fast travel to event or activity. But you can choose closest hideout.

Damn nostalgia, put all ultimate plus parts in MW M3, and gone cruising at daylight. 'Course I couldn't pass cops without little mambo jumbo. Well, have stuck on props and they managed to catch me at the end. But that was fun. Hope high heat will find it's way to daylight events and such.

For those who interested, you can manage level 5, but there are no roadblocks, rhinos, and effort, but Corvettes and helicopters. Also radio chat is very different, like more polite.

YOU HAVE GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME!!!
I was at level 25 in NFS heat and i had just gotten to 730k dollars, then the power goes out, and then when i get back on the game it takes me back to lvl 22 ( Which was the level i was at when i booted up the game today) !!! WHAT THE ACTUAL **** THE GAME JUST TOOK AWAY ALL THE PROGRESS I HAD MADE TODAY

Back