Need For Speed Heat - General Discussion

• Thread starter FT-1
  • 2,583 comments
That sucks. You don’t save often?

I thought the game autosaves? GTFan probably got unlucky that the power cut happens right before a save point so next time he boots the game just downloads the older record. I'd have expected the game to save more frequently than that so you don't lose as much progress tho.

I'm kinda concerned about this and been hearing some people lose their progress too. I'm holding back playing a lot until this is fixed or am I just being too paranoid?

I'm kinda concerned about this and been hearing some people lose their progress too. I'm holding back playing a lot until this is fixed or am I just being too paranoid?
I'm pretty sure it's a tiny minority of players that it happens to, but that's not much consolation if it happens to you.

FWIW I've played 62 hours so far (on PC) and not lost anything.

Holy 🤬 this game is short. I made a new save just to see how quickly it could be done and got the main story done in about ~3 hours and change.

Don't even have to be that time-efficient or strictly follow any speedrun tactics. It's all just rep farming.

Holy 🤬 this game is short. I made a new save just to see how quickly it could be done and got the main story done in about ~3 hours and change.

Don't even have to be that time-efficient or strictly follow any speedrun tactics. It's all just rep farming.
I honestly think I prefer it that way. I just finished it this morning and not one part of it left any sort of impression on me. But it was relatively painless, I've never been interested in racing game narratives so at least it didn't get in the way of the good stuff.

For most cars to reach 400+, is the last or second last engine is the only choice? Recently got a Polestar and a M5 but swapping in a 730 BHP V12 on all ultimate+ gets it to about 380+ at best. The V12 engine is not cheap too, felt like I wasted my money on it.

For most cars to reach 400+, is the last or second last engine is the only choice? Recently got a Polestar and a M5 but swapping in a 730 BHP V12 on all ultimate+ gets it to about 380+ at best. The V12 engine is not cheap too, felt like I wasted my money on it.
I always check potential HP in the specs and go with whatever is highest. That said not all cars will reach 400+, found this out the hard way. :lol:

I always check potential HP in the specs and go with whatever is highest. That said not all cars will reach 400+, found this out the hard way. :lol:

Don't think potential HP is enough to know whether the car will be reaching 400+, the V12 I tried has a potential of 1100 or 1200 BHP but it capped at 381 stats in M5 while the Polestar is around 377 stats with ultimate+. Both car using the forged 3.8l V6 will push it to 400+, I swapped that V12 into the Countach and it could go over 400+.

I can tell you not every car with 400 plus matching with each other. Have 993 with 400, which top speed is around 380, have the same 918 with hybrid engine, but it tops at 360 at best. Meanwhile, what is logically right, 918 has had 10 on acceleration even before top mark, but 993 acceleration even if on 9.6 feels the same and doesn't loose power over 300 kilometres per hour. If in live tuning set downforce to maximum 993 can stuck at 39~, loosing only two or three kilometers per hour. From it, it is not clear by what game calculate those numbers. Also to add 993 if I remember correctly have 1000 hp, when 918 1200, 993 become 400 plus with all ultimate parts, where 918 nearly only with very last one ultimate plus part available.

I can tell you not every car with 400 plus matching with each other. Have 993 with 400, which top speed is around 380, have the same 918 with hybrid engine, but it tops at 360 at best. Meanwhile, what is logically right, 918 has had 10 on acceleration even before top mark, but 993 acceleration even if on 9.6 feels the same and doesn't loose power over 300 kilometres per hour. If in live tuning set downforce to maximum 993 can stuck at 39~, loosing only two or three kilometers per hour. From it, it is not clear by what game calculate those numbers. Also to add 993 if I remember correctly have 1000 hp, when 918 1200, 993 become 400 plus with all ultimate parts, where 918 nearly only with very last one ultimate plus part available.

The stats calculation is weird and I dont think it matter much, I have the forged V6 in the Polestar at 400+ and its stats is all "10" but it is one of the slowest car I have in the garage. My fastest at the moment is the Nissan 240ZG, the stats doesn't look as good as the Polestar but it is able to finish a race 10 seconds quicker than the Polestar. The same engine perform differently to different cars, the stock V8 in M5 gets it to 370+ but swap it into the i8 and it could reach 400+ on the same ultimate+ parts.

Does anyone know which are the max stats for the Acura NSX and the M3 GTR?

Try the last engine swap, that pretty much guarantees it to reach 400+ rating.

My fastest at the moment is the Nissan 240ZG,
I was surprised how quick the 240 is. It can beat the MX5 with ease and that is faster than the Regera around any track. Still a little bit slower than the F40, but a very competitive car. Love it.

Feel that the Datsun Z's main rival, would you not believe it, is its fellow Datsun the Hakosuka.

Both different machines, but a duo of super competitive speedsters after an engine swap.

If we're still talking about the fast tuners, the ones I feel also fit into this category include the Volvo 242, the S15 Silvia and the NA1 NSX.

What is everyone's go to Off-Road car so far? and possibly Live Tuning settings, im struggling in the corners with my flat 6 swapped Exige

What is everyone's go to Off-Road car so far? and possibly Live Tuning settings, im struggling in the corners with my flat 6 swapped Exige

Struggling in the corners.. with an Exige? I'm unsure how that's happening. Car's super good on the road.. maybe really hates bumps.

If that's the case, I went with an engine swapped Beetle, with full offroad parts, and its designated must have Live Tuning setup (left all the way for sensitivity, right all the way for downforce). Quick 90 degree turns, and it takes off just as.

Since off-road is so easy, you can use any engine than the stock one, really. The car is bunches easier to drive off road than on, but still quite a handful.

Struggling in the corners.. with an Exige? I'm unsure how that's happening. Car's super good on the road.. maybe really hates bumps.

If that's the case, I went with an engine swapped Beetle, with full offroad parts, and its designated must have Live Tuning setup (left all the way for sensitivity, right all the way for downforce). Quick 90 degree turns, and it takes off just as.

Since off-road is so easy, you can use any engine than the stock one, really. The car is bunches easier to drive off road than on, but still quite a handful.

Maybe its the live tuning, I have the steering in the middle and lowest downforce and TC off

I was surprised how quick the 240 is. It can beat the MX5 with ease and that is faster than the Regera around any track. Still a little bit slower than the F40, but a very competitive car. Love it.

It is definitely one of my fastest accelerating car, it holds high speed turns very well but I do find it rather unstable and twitchy when the tracks gets too twisty. I need to get the F40 some time this week, heard it is the second faster car in game.

Feel that the Datsun Z's main rival, would you not believe it, is its fellow Datsun the Hakosuka.

Both different machines, but a duo of super competitive speedsters after an engine swap.

If we're still talking about the fast tuners, the ones I feel also fit into this category include the Volvo 242, the S15 Silvia and the NA1 NSX.

I did try the 2000 GT-R and it is fairly quick, I felt like it lacks the acceleration compared to the 240ZG but it handles a lot better and less twitchy. Which engine swap did you use on that car?

I've yet to try out the other 3 cars, been having quite a lot of fun screwing around in the M5 with a V6 swap. The acceleration in the M5 isn't very good but it handling is very good for a big car.

I use a G63 AMG and Aston DB5 for off road, as for live tuning I think I have steering sensitivity set to high with low downforce but kept TC off. It handles well enough for me.

I did try the 2000 GT-R and it is fairly quick, I felt like it lacks the acceleration compared to the 240ZG but it handles a lot better and less twitchy. Which engine swap did you use on that car?

The 911 Turbo's Flat-6.

And if you want another idea of a good sedan (that's not already the Evo IX), the S5 Sportback is one, I feel. Swapped mine with the Lamborghini V10, and there you have a sleeper.

The 911 Turbo's Flat-6.

And if you want another idea of a good sedan (that's not already the Evo IX), the S5 Sportback is one, I feel. Swapped mine with the Lamborghini V10, and there you have a sleeper.

I'll give the flat 6 a shot in the 2000 GT-R later, I got a R35 V6 in it at the moment. I think my 240ZG is using that flat 6 at the moment.

Going to try the S5 next then, does the Lambo V10 gets it to 400+ rating? I tried having Lambo V12 in the Polestar and M5 and it is just disappointing.

Going to try the S5 next then, does the Lambo V10 gets it to 400+ rating? I tried having Lambo V12 in the Polestar and M5 and it is just disappointing.

Yep.

Anyways, anyone here know what to do in a Testarossa to make it 400+? Because I don't, and it's bugging me.

Is there a way to change the plate on the Testarossa? Whenever I try it just takes me from one rear wheel to the next.

Howdy y'all. I just got this game, I'm having fun with it (When I'm not getting arrested at night because of bad luck with traffic and jumps) and I was wondering what would be the best engine swap option for my starter car, the BMW M3 E30 Evo II?

For that matter, is there a guide or spreadsheet that lists the origins of each engine in the engine swap menu? Thanks.

Z
Yep.

Anyways, anyone here know what to do in a Testarossa to make it 400+? Because I don't, and it's bugging me.
I tried using the stock engine, but it only went to 394. I then tried the 6.5L Lambo V12 and it only went to 393. I was looking at the 3.9L V8 from the Pista, but I took the cheaper option and LS swapped it with the 430hp 6.2L V8. It went to 400+ easily even with a Roots Supercharger that I had lying around. It's definitely one of my favorites now.

Howdy y'all. I just got this game, I'm having fun with it (When I'm not getting arrested at night because of bad luck with traffic and jumps) and I was wondering what would be the best engine swap option for my starter car, the BMW M3 E30 Evo II?

For that matter, is there a guide or spreadsheet that lists the origins of each engine in the engine swap menu? Thanks.

My E30 is running on a V8 (should be the one from M5), it is not bad and I used it to finish the last story mission. I haven't tested it with a full set of ultimate+ parts yet.

Also, a list of engine origin can be found here:

I hope they put the 488 Pista as a part of a future DLC car pack because it's ridiculous to get in this game. 👎

All you need to do is complete all the side activities and collectibles, what's the rush for it anyway? Not like the car will disappear if you don't complete them within a month.

That list has some errors. The Forged 3.8L V6 is from the GT-R, the 596hp Forged 2.0L I4 is from the Evo X, and the Forged 3.5L V6 is from the 2003 350Z, not the newer one.

Why would they add a car via dlc that's already in the game as a reward for completing all the collectibles in every district.

Its not that hard just follow this map https://nfspolska.pl/maps/need-for-speed-heat-palm-city-map/#3/-63.07/30.23 And just go district by district it took me 1 day to finish every district and unlock the car.

My E30 is running on a V8 (should be the one from M5), it is not bad and I used it to finish the last story mission. I haven't tested it with a full set of ultimate+ parts yet.

Also, a list of engine origin can be found here:

All you need to do is complete all the side activities and collectibles, what's the rush for it anyway? Not like the car will disappear if you don't complete them within a month.

So far, I have done everything but can't do all the speed traps and worse of all, the drifting. Oh, the drifting. I can't drift if my life depends on it. Took all weekend to practice and can't even get 1 star.

Regarding speed traps, cars appear out of nowhere on the streets during the speed traps. I am not sure if this game got bugs.

Too bad this game does not have an auction house like Horizon 4. There are some nice cars and fantastic customization in this game, so I will keep the game.

I tried using the stock engine, but it only went to 394. I then tried the 6.5L Lambo V12 and it only went to 393. I was looking at the 3.9L V8 from the Pista, but I took the cheaper option and LS swapped it with the 430hp 6.2L V8. It went to 400+ easily even with a Roots Supercharger that I had lying around. It's definitely one of my favorites now.

Vette engine saves the car, how could I not foresee it?

Definitely not keen on driving it with that sound, but I hope it'll grow on me. Thanks.

Back