Need for Speed Payback Adds Classic Cars in March Update, Out Today

Discussion in 'Need For Speed' started by GTPNewsWire, Mar 20, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

adam thompson likes this.
  2. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Patch notes, courtesy of the official site:

3. L8 Apex

L8 Apex

$3.99 each?

EA gonna EA, I guess...

GTboyz, JakeMR2 and girabyt3 like this.
  4. Jay84

Jay84

Jeez Ghost instead of putting a bandage on a broken arm just GIVE US FREEROAM COPS. We dont want your rubbish bait-crates. Best idea is just have an option for cops on or off.

JakeMR2, leigh991 and Master Weasel like this.
  5. adam thompson

adam thompson

Annoyed that deluxe edition does not include the Aston db5 and Pontiac Firebird that’s EA FOR YOU :( and also update came out I thought oh I’ll try need for speed again and god I hate it the handling feels delayed and trying to do a runner mission for Jess and handling it’s like turn stick ok wait wait wait then car turns but by then I’m in the wall. Now using same car in forza and happy not sitting here with a long face trying to like it, the thing is I want to like payback but I just can’t :(

Jay84 likes this.
  6. inCloud

inCloud

Well, they dont promise any cars in DE, only story missions bundle and release bonuses, you should be glad for those Countryman and Infiniti q60.

7. cudwieser

cudwieser

or 3.99 for both in a twin pack

8. Dairyworker

Dairyworker

Still to much. I actually still enjoy playing this game and love both of those cars in real life. I also collect hotwheels and if i can buy a real toy car for a buck then i see no reason why i should pay more for a digital toy car.

GTboyz likes this.
  9. CleanCut

CleanCut

In reply to the previous five comments:

Bait crates is an excellent idea and way better than true free-roam cops. True free-roam cops is an idea that has been supplanted by a superior system, which enables everyone to get what they want, more or less. Some people want cops roaming around randomly, but most people do not, based on the majority of opinions I've witnessed on the internet.

Last night I couldn't play Payback because I was stuck downloading the update, so I decided to fire up NFS 2015 again. I know a lot of people have gone on record claiming that they ended up liking 2015 better, but for the life of me I can't figure out why. The controls were clunky, the car handled like **** in comparison to Payback. Sure the atmosphere was great, but I've never been able to figure out why everything looks slightly blurry and muddled in 2015. Even in the garage everything looks slightly out of focus. I love it and hate it at the same time, but ultimately prefer Payback's crisp, clean edges. Nearly everything is more polished in Payback. If a person thinks the handling in Payback is bad, then I can't imagine what they must think about 2015's.

The price for the two car bundle is $4.99, not $3.99, at least here the states. $2.50 per car? I can live with that. I think they are great cars to add, and I've seen some customization videos and there are a lot of options. After the update finished I tried buying it last night but couldn't - my game kept telling me to "enable Origin in-game." After verifying that, it was still giving me the same error, so I dunno what's going on.

breyzipp, FT-1 and adam thompson like this.
  10. cudwieser

cudwieser

What system are you on? The price on PSN in the UK is £3.99 (forgot the exchange :p :D )

11. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

I'd just like to point out that some people complain about the roughly $1/car ratio most sim games charge for cars.

Also, I'm genuinely surprised these aren't covered by the Deluxe Edition.

12. CleanCut

CleanCut

I'm on PC. Yeah, the cars are showing $3.99 (or was it $2.99? I can't even remember) each for standalone, but $4.99 for both as a package.

cudwieser likes this.
  13. adam thompson

adam thompson

I hated 2015 the characters and story my god and handling is worse than payback. Great post though. I also really haven’t liked a need for speed since most wanted or undercover I liked. Rivals meh was ok

14. DJTHEKING

DJTHEKING

Wait, so you mean even if i bought the DELUXE edition of the game... i have to pay to get the new cars???

I bought the game at half price and i still feel i've been ripped off. Thanks again EA, showing the best you've got.

15. CleanCut

CleanCut

^^^ It sucks but I feel like the negative feedback has been a little unreasonable. They NEVER claimed that the deluxe version would grant access to every DLC that would come available. That's called a "Season Pass" not a "Deluxe Version." There's really nothing to see here. They didn't do anything abnormal regarding standard advertising practices, but because it's EA everyone wants to jump on the hate train.

I will say, however, that I'm frustrated with the inconsistency of pricing. Check this out: I own the "Deluxe Version" which is supposed to grant a discount on in-game purchases (I'm not sure if that includes DLC from the store or not, but I think it does). They are showing me in-game that the individual cars cost $2.99 each, or I can buy the combo pack for $4.99. Problem is, for some reason my Origin client isn't running correctly in-game, so I can't buy them there. If I try to buy them outside of the game (Just navigating through Origin like a website) the cars are advertised at $3.99 each, a full dollar more, and NO combo pack whatsoever. What the heck are they doing?!

breyzipp and GTboyz like this.
  16. infamousphil

infamousphil

Forza did AI right years ago. Back when I was foolish enough to pay to play online. I don't know what Forza is doing now, but back then you could fill the grid with cars, with their tunes intact, from your garage and race along with the AI. It was loads of fun... GT never came that close. Bspec was fun but always left me feeling what could have been. If done right, you may just get your fees worth.