Need for speed rivals vs Most wanted 2012?

• Thread starter jamie23htt
  • 11 comments
rivals, but not emphatically and just barely.

It's more or less the same game but the setting (outdoors) i like better.

Hard to say, I think MW2012 was more in-depth, but the police definitely get the better treatment in Rivals. Aside from not being able to play as them in MW2012, they were almost an after thought as the game was built multiplayer first but the cops only appear in single player.

Rivals for me, because it actually was NFS. Anyone who thinks MW2012 was better, you're not real NFS fans.

I'd choose Rivals over Most Wanted 2012 any day. I've never had this much fun playing a racing game since the original Most Wanted eight years ago. It has the seriousness of getting arrested that 2012 just never had. In MW2012, getting busted wasn't a big deal because you could just start over again without penalty. In Rivals, you can spend upwards of 30 minutes in one session, and see your SpeedPoints disappear in an instant. I've lost upwards of 200,000 so many times I can't even count it.

I'd choose Rivals over Most Wanted 2012 any day. I've never had this much fun playing a racing game since the original Most Wanted eight years ago. It has the seriousness of getting arrested that 2012 just never had. In MW2012, getting busted wasn't a big deal because you could just start over again without penalty.

I was considering buying Most Wanted for the PS3 but didn't because the police chases looked alarmingly easy. I don't really see the point of police chases if they provide no challenge whatsoever - Most Wanted 2005 chases look much better.

Rivals is 100 x better than most wanted 2012 .

The cars have weight to them you can clearly see the road and turnings , the graphics are really very good the roads are quieter therefore your not getting smashed every 5 seconds

There are no nicely placed cars just where you turn causing you to smash out , you have to race for a purpose to earn sp to do your cars up , oh I could go on and on but imho rivals wipes the floor with MW 2012 .

Most Wanted was a NFS game, it just incorporated some elements of Burnout into it to give it a bit more depth

I think of it this way:

If you add two very good games together (Burnout + Need For Speed), the end result is a very bad game (Need For Drifting Speed).

Back