Need for Speed: Most Wanted Remake Teased By Voice Actor

• Thread starter fikridroid
  • 13 comments
Indonesia
Bikini Bottom
FueledByMisery
SomeRandomAce
6jbg8znw1fbb1.png

Fingers crossed that the remake will be based from the 2005 Black Box version and not the controversial 2012 Criterion one

Contrary to the post above, the 2012 has been the only game I've bought & promptly returned in the last decade. It was terrible.

2005's original rendition remains a classic though if that's what they're after.

The 2012 one is the best Need for Speed and it's in part the best NFS because it's basically a Burnout game.

Anyone that thinks that's controversial can do one.

I wish they'd remake it because it's better than Hot Persuit and better than the 2005 MW.
This. MW 2012 is a deeply misunderstood game. They should've called it Burnout Paradise: Real Cars Edition instead of a Most Wanted sequel. One of the most fun PS3 racing games once you dissociate it from all the baggage of the original MW. And yes I agree that it's better than HP 2010, mainly because drift initiation feels more natural and not "stiff". Driving low speed and high speed feels equally correct, unlike HP 2010 where the cars feel cumbersome at low speeds.

They should combine Fairhaven with Seacrest County, update the car list and graphics and it would be the most fun NFS in a long long while. I wouldn't even bother with performance/visual upgrades (beyond choosing colours).

I have to add though, the original MW is the only Black Box NFS that I never played for any significant amount of time. I played UG/UG2/Carbon then went back to MW wondering what the fuss is about. But Rockport is just so drab, and the constant yellow filter over everything just doesn't suit the whole F&F tuner vibe of the other 3 games.

The 2012 one is the best Need for Speed and it's in part the best NFS because it's basically a Burnout game.

Anyone that thinks that's controversial can do one.

I wish they'd remake it because it's better than Hot Persuit and better than the 2005 MW.
The car sounds were phenomenal. It's a pretty fun game IMO.

Last edited:
The Crew Motorfest in October, Test Drive Solar Crown early 2024, NFS MW somewhere 2024. I hope at least 2 out of 3 will be pretty decent so i can have some fun with completely arcady games besides GT7.

This. MW 2012 is a deeply misunderstood game. They should've called it Burnout Paradise: Real Cars Edition instead of a Most Wanted sequel. One of the most fun PS3 racing games once you dissociate it from all the baggage of the original MW. And yes I agree that it's better than HP 2010, mainly because drift initiation feels more natural and not "stiff". Driving low speed and high speed feels equally correct, unlike HP 2010 where the cars feel cumbersome at low speeds.
I initially hated MW12 and the change in direction from the original. However, once I played the demo on the PS3, I was hooked and ended up being one of my favourite NFS games.

The physics fit the game perfectly, not to mention the excellent sound design as well the online portion of the game. Still remember dominating almost everything and everyone with my trusty black SLS AMG. It was a goddamn tank. For whatever reason, once I received the platinum trophy and shortly after I reached Concours 1, I stopped playing it.

I wouldn’t mind a remaster of MW12 - less things for EA to mess up.

Last edited:
MW2012 got absolutely slated because of the title but once you got past that, it was extremely fun to play. As mentioned, it was just Burnout: Paradise again but with real cars and (IMO) a slightly less interesting map. Criterion were dealt a crappy hand as they did actually want to make it a proper sequel to the original before EA told them to change course.

As much as I crab on about companies (both game devs and movie studios) just constantly regurgitating remakes and reboots of existing stuff due to the lack of wanting to take risks... I can't help being quietly excited for a remake of (presumably) MW2005. I've played through it over 30 times and its one of a couple of games I could start over immediately after finishing and not be bored. Hell, they could just rerelease the original with a capped framerate, some texture improvements and a slightly less archaic online system and I'd be happy. Or at least make the 360 version backwards compatible on the Series X/S.

If it's true, I'd love to see an MW05 remake considering thats what the tweet is likely referencing. MW2012 was a disgrace to the name because it was just Burnout Paradise 2 and lacked any of the character of 05.

Would rather have a remaster of MW2012 to go along with the HP2010 remaster than the 2005 game.

Those two are easily in the top 5 best NFS games ever, would love to play through MW 2012 all over again.

And I never got the hype for MW2005 when Carbon is right there, at least they could remaster both of them.

Last edited:
And I never got the hype for MW2005 when Carbon is right there, at least they could remaster both of them.
Carbon was a victim of EA's time crunch. It was a great game, but the story far too short and the USP of the crew members was woefully underbaked. I'd gladly take a rerelease of it of course.

I hope they aren’t too faithful to the original, mostly in regards to the bodykits. Some of those bodykits in the original were horribly ugly, and I’d much prefer either real-world ones or more modern original designs.

Back