Need for Speed Unbound Customization Options Detailed: Decals, Wheels, Bodykits, and Cutaways

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments
Interior mods are definitely welcome, always used to weird me out in older NFS games (or any game with visual and performance modifications really) when you have some souped-up, 200+ MPH speed machine with wild body mods... and the interior shows stock seats and gauges. I obviously understand why it isn't a thing in most games but it was something I always notice.
For a game about street racing not being able to do interior mods is a strange choice.

kjb
For a game about street racing not being able to do interior mods is a strange choice.
I'm going to assume it's because they don't offer a cockpit view. Haven't played a NFS game in probably 10 years though. Did they ever start to offer cockpit view? I think Shift did.

Cool 13 year old game bro. I mean i started playing NFS around age 12/13 but for the older fans this looks very immature to me.

godman EA just need to pull their finger out and make a straight remaster off NFS Undeground 2

Cool 13 year old game bro. I mean i started playing NFS around age 12/13 but for the older fans this looks very immature to me.

godman EA just need to pull their finger out and make a straight remaster off NFS Undeground 2
Think about what you're saying though. You started playing at 12-13. Maybe that's the crowd they are trying to attract. There are plenty of serious sim / simcade games out there. I'll agree it's kind of disappointing the way this franchise has been going, but I'm sure from a sales point, they are doing fine.

Think about what you're saying though. You started playing at 12-13. Maybe that's the crowd they are trying to attract. There are plenty of serious sim / simcade games out there. I'll agree it's kind of disappointing the way this franchise has been going, but I'm sure from a sales point, they are doing fine.
Yeah, that's exactly what I've said pretty much....I skipped Payback but ive actually been having quite a lot fun on heat playing the underground 2 nad most wanted sound tracks on spotify.

its just the handling its unpredictable you dont know if its going to do that brake to drift stuff.

think i will pass on the 13 year old malarkey anyways

Last edited:
I just wish we can play without those very distracting/out of place visual effects. The rest looks interesting, variety is always welcome.

Why do I get the impression the carlist keeps recycling in this game 😌 Such a shame we don't get more average family saloons to pimp !

God those rear wheels on that GTR are comically narrow, and with the stretched tires on the wider front wheels...

I guess the same crappy wheel width presets are still baked in. I don't care how many bodykits are in the game, I don't want my car on Prius tires.

My first reaction to the videos for this game was, "man, what are people into these days?" before realizing I was a teenager when NFS Underground launched and I thought that was the coolest game ever to let me do unspeakable, tasteless modifications to my cars.
During the Great Lockdown of 2020, I inadvertently went on a bit of a memory trip as I booted up my old, original PS2 (that's somehow still functioning to this day) and started going over past games that I had stored away... and included in that list was the sequence of NFS games from U1 to Pro Street, which so happened to still have the original save files.

While there was a degree of... stylistic improvement, shall we say, 11 year old me's idea of a "sick ride" for U1 certainly left me with the urge to go look for some eyebleach! :lol:

God those rear wheels on that GTR are comically narrow, and with the stretched tires on the wider front wheels...

I guess the same crappy wheel width presets are still baked in. I don't care how many bodykits are in the game, I don't want my car on Prius tires.
I hadn't noticed this until your post, they look bizarre! I hope that at some point they end up adding tyre width options like in Forza Horizon, the game desperately needs them.

Last edited:
During the Great Lockdown of 2020, I inadvertently went on a bit of a memory trip as I booted up my old, original PS2 (that's somehow still functioning to this day) and started going over past games that I had stored away... and included in that list was the sequence of NFS games from U1 to Pro Street, which so happened to still have the original save files.

While there was a degree of... stylistic improvement, shall we say, 11 year old me's idea of a "sick ride" for U1 certainly left me with the urge to go look for some eyebleach! :lol:
Fully agreed. I never got around to UG1 nor UG2, but in my experience playing Carbon and MW2005, the bodykits felt very, VERY hit-or-miss. Mostly miss.

Still, I do miss the sheer variety of wheels that were available, like TSW or RacingHart. Feels like the wheel designs that were in those two titles, and the wheels that are in GT7 create a venn diagram that hardly overlaps, if at all. Not that I don't like the wheels in GT7 - I just wish they had some other designs (and wheel brands) I had in mind.

Last edited:
Though it's also not too out there, as modifying a vehicle that drastically in real life would quite certainly render it not road legal and probably not even able to drive realistically, not to mention being so hideously expensive to do that only SEMA regulars or deranged millionaires would be able to afford it. I would imagine they're not too stressed about something that will remain firmly in the realm of imaginary video game land.

Back