Need for Speed Unbound Customization Options Detailed: Decals, Wheels, Bodykits, and Cutaways

• Thread starter Famine
  • 47 comments

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
So like...maaaaybe every car gets a single, sometimes quite questionable bodykit in "Khyzyl Saleem" style with a couple of variable parts (but I doubt that every car will) and you get the option to remove hoods and bumpers...just like the hackers did in every 2015-alike nfs game, it's just official now. Otherwise, everything else is the same as in 2015/payback/heat. Every car has some parts and some common parts like tinted headlights and mirrors.

That actually looks awesome. I always loved how creative Khyzyl and Jasiddesign are when it comes to car builds. And I hope NFS will continue in that direction.
Also panda wheels and sexy exhaust pipes in every racing game! :P

The more i look at these, the more it looks like the output of those AI-generated art sites. But then again most of the more recent NFS games had some pretty hideous looking fictional parts for cars that never actually had real body kits, so it's not that far off-brand really.

Now whether it's possible to make something that looks tasteful and still unique among this morass of "I'm a B-list rapper who needs to dispose of a half million dollars before the taxman comes for me" tackiness... that's going to be the real challenge, I feel.

I love all of the options. So things like the pizza wheels are a bit much, hopefully when you chop the roof the interior is accurate. Hopefully they have so low profile wings. I love the hoonicorn defender!

I’ll take too much customization over not enough…
This. You're always free to not use the stuff you don't like. I think outrageous modding fits the theme. You can do stuff you would never be able to do in other games or would even think about doing in real life. Or not, it's all good. Don't take this stuff too seriously.

I ship Spoon parts overnight riving in a ricers paradise.
Underrated post. RIP Coolio.

I mean... they're certainly inspired. Some of them are a bit too 'out there' though. Bosozuku Fairlady? I can deal with that. Roof mounted intercooler and front bumper removal on an M1? Yeah, nah.

I will give the modern NFS games this though, they tend to highlight the type of stuff the dudebro Instagram crowd love in trailers and promo material, but there are always much more tasteful options present and you can make stuff more akin to what most people would actually want/drive.

I'm loving all of the crazy OTT customisation, it's a video game so why not go a bit nuts with it when you can do anything you want? I just hope that the more flamboyant mods are parts you can switch out and not 1 piece kits you apply and then all other parts are locked. I fear that they are the latter though.

I also like that the Defender appears to show interior mods as the seats have changed!

I usually am shy to post but I had to this time.

Makes trash like Justin Bieber and his kind look good.

I mean look at that!! It almost looks like the non-battle royale Fortnite of racing games! Just abominable...
Justin Bieber has released some absolute bangers over the last few years, why the hate?

Last edited:
I also like that the Defender appears to show interior mods as the seats have changed!
Interior mods are definitely welcome, always used to weird me out in older NFS games (or any game with visual and performance modifications really) when you have some souped-up, 200+ MPH speed machine with wild body mods... and the interior shows stock seats and gauges. I obviously understand why it isn't a thing in most games but it was something I always notice.

Back