Need for Speed Unbound "Risk & Reward" Trailer Reveals More Gameplay and Side-Bet System

• Thread starter Famine
  • 24 comments
That actually looks pretty nice, I like the amped up visuals, it reminds me of Bizarre Creation's "Blur", a little gem of a game.

Pedestrians will add some much needed liveliness. I assume it's gonna be like Midnight Club LA where they magically dodge your vehicle despite your best efforts to paint your car with them.

Car destruction would have been awesome. Alas, car manufacturers will never accept it (unless you were REALLY picky with certain brands...which wouldn't make fans happy).

I don't know about this...
I know the SFX can be turned off so I'm ignoring that, but I have the feeling this is a weird mix of NFS Undercover and Juiced 2 from handling and content - which is not good.
I complained about NFS having cars as having as a boat for the past few games, but in some scenes here they look as light as they were in Undercover

If I was a kid again...I would think this is hela-rad.
LUV IT.jpg

unknown.png

Don't know how to feel about the game being structured in a calendar format, especially when it's linked to a major point of the narrative being the grand.
Hopefully these are actual game days/weeks, like the first Juiced or Nascar games, and not some seasonal live service deal tied to real days/weeks (horizon's festival playlist) - imagine if you can't finish the game because you missed the qualifiers for the month, so you gotta wait a whole another month do have a chance at it again.

Edit:
Apparently all I had to do was read, since it says in the article:
"Over four in-game weeks, maximise your Bank by competing in events and boosting your cash through placing side bets against Rival Racers. Invest that cash in your ride and create a custom that will turn heads in Saturday’s Weekly Qualifier."

Last edited:
I must be getting old. Everything I see and hear in this game is an assault to my senses and not an enjoyable experience. It just makes me cringe.
To be honest, I think NFS really is geared up for adolescent lads, especially now that they lean so heavily into that very "hypey" culture with trap and everything is "fire, bro".

Although this stuff is probably all dreamt up by creative leads approaching middle age, so I'm not too sure how accurate most of it is.

What I'm really saying is....bring back Midnight Club ffs

Last edited:
TBH I like the graphics but I don't care for the music so I will probably mute it like I always do. The story is probably not my cup of tea so I will go through as fast as possible to get to the endgame.

If Hype car culture became a game....
TBH I was intrigued by the artistic direction initially but now it just looks wayyy too distracting.

I must be getting old. Everything I see and hear in this game is an assault to my senses and not an enjoyable experience. It just makes me cringe.
Same here, I don’t get it either. Tomorrow I turn 47, I must indeed be getting old.

PS - I do own NFS 2015, Payback & Heat and i enjoyed those each of those games for… a few weeks or so. But this… feels just boring and more of the same old bad physics and handling, just with an anime/cartoon art style that feels so out of place…

Yeah… definitely too old for this. 😏

Same here, I don’t get it either. Tomorrow I turn 47, I must indeed be getting old.

PS - I do own NFS 2015, Payback & Heat and i enjoyed those each of those games for… a few weeks or so. But this… feels just boring and more of the same old bad physics and handling, just with an anime/cartoon art style that feels so out of place…

Yeah… definitely too old for this. 😏
Happy Birthday tomorrow old man 🥳

The more I see the visual effects in motion the more I like them. I especially like the little circles that appear alongside the rear wheels as the car wheelspins at the start, it's a neat little touch. I'm curious to see how much variety there is between them all besides colours though.

Physics and handling looks a lot like Heat. Which is not necessary bad. I'm not a fan of those effects and I'm still worried about them. But I love building cars and drive them around the map. This map looks even better than Heat so I'm already convinced enough.

I have no idea how the effects work after seeing the clip a few more times. Seems like the nos effect don't appear every time, seeing the Lotus, Crown Vic and C63 using the nos without the large cel shaded effect like the Mustang at the end.

Also the smoke effect on the Lotus was half realistic and cel shaded, it seems like the cel shaded smoke only shows up when the game consider the car is "drifting".

If it's well received I'll wait for a sale. If I had to guess the metacritic score will likely be between 70-75 like Heat (hopefully higher)

For me I am not concerned about reviews I just want to be sure there are no game breaking flaws or any pay to win mechanics. Hopefully it will get more support than heat did. That said I will definitely buy after about 6 months when they start having the deep discounts on games or so I hope.

I'm sorry but this game doesn't represent car culture properly. It seems like a street culture game which is completely detached from the modified car culture that I have seen in my own city. The owners aren't stuck-up dip****s who think they're some sort of A-list celebrity who makes their dues from crappy rap music that objectifies women... Guys and girls who are obsessed with themselves and crave attention are like this, not car enthusiasts who have a genuine love for cars. It offends me to see such stupid and rebellious trash in a game centered around cars, as if to say the owners are all "edgelords" with "drip" who live their lives on "the gram" whilst sniffing glue with their bimbo girlfriends to "get a high". I can't see any reason to buy this game as a car enthusiast. Shame on you NFS.

I'm sorry but this game doesn't represent car culture properly. It seems like a street culture game which is completely detached from the modified car culture that I have seen in my own city. The owners aren't stuck-up dip****s who think they're some sort of A-list celebrity who makes their dues from crappy rap music that objectifies women... Guys and girls who are obsessed with themselves and crave attention are like this, not car enthusiasts who have a genuine love for cars. It offends me to see such stupid and rebellious trash in a game centered around cars, as if to say the owners are all "edgelords" with "drip" who live their lives on "the gram" whilst sniffing glue with their bimbo girlfriends to "get a high". I can't see any reason to buy this game as a car enthusiast. Shame on you NFS.
car enthusiasts in my city are stuck up old rich white dudes

Back