Need For Speed Underground 2 Drifting Top Scores

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 51 comments
I drive:

- Civic
- Mustang GT
- Skyline
- 3000GT

They're all tuned to max. They all have a stock ECU mapping, and a very short gear ratios. They all have less rear tire traction and downforce.

GT4_Rule
They're all tuned to max. They all have a stock ECU mapping, and a very short gear ratios. They all have less rear tire traction and downforce.
There you go. That makes the cars inherently unbalanced. The games drift physics engine makes it so you don't need to do the cheap things done in GT4, because it makes the car too unbalanced. Try it with max front and rear downforce with full tires front and rear.

About the tuning........I tested each car COMPREHENSIVELY at the test drift track before I am able to get these drift scores.

I have MAX tune on all cars.....I run my power curve to peak about mid range.

I have full front grip and downforce and I found that 0 rear grip and downforce is just out of control, But with full grip and downforce I can't keep the drift long enough. I use about 1/4 rear grip and anywhere from 0 - 1/2 rear downforce...of course this depends on the body kit the cars have.

As for suspension, I run max steering response ( I have a DFP ) and half front suspension and 3/4 to 100% rear suspension. Sway bars are the same. Soft front, hard tail = Oversteer.

From there you better be damn good at throttle control. Do this, get the GTO with full tune, go to the test track and practice with different setting till you can link drift the entire track and get 300-500k per lap in one single, long link drift. Most cars will do this......So long as they are REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!!! The only rear wheel drive that can't hold the super long link drift is the 240sx and AE86 because they bog out in certain areas.

And here's a tip......if the car feels like it's gonna bog......hold the accelerator and tap the e-brake to pop the clutch.......it'll bring your rev's back up.

rsmithdrift
About the tuning........I tested each car COMPREHENSIVELY at the test drift track before I am able to get these drift scores.

I have full front grip and downforce and I found that 0 rear grip and downforce is just out of control, But with full grip and downforce I can't keep the drift long enough. I use about 1/4 rear grip and anywhere from 0 - 1/2 rear downforce...of course this depends on the body kit the cars have.

As for suspension, I run max steering response ( I have a DFP ) and half front suspension and 3/4 to 100% rear suspension. Sway bars are the same. Soft front, hard tail = Oversteer.

From there you better be damn good at throttle control. Do this, get the GTO with full tune, go to the test track and practice with different setting till you can link drift the entire track and get 300-500k per lap in one single, long link drift. Most cars will do this......So long as they are REAR WHEEL DRIVE!!!!!!! The only rear wheel drive that can't hold the super long link drift is the 240sx and AE86 because they bog out in certain areas.

And here's a tip......if the car feels like it's gonna bog......hold the accelerator and tap the e-brake to pop the clutch.......it'll bring your rev's back up.

Thanks, I'll try this tonight. At the minute I run a similar setup, though my Amemiya replica RX-7 has extreme oversteer and needs some serious tweaking.

Also, any of you created your own Initial D replica cars?
Sure, I'd say not many but heck, they're still great fun to drift every now and then. 👍

rsmithdrift

Very nice tips. I'll try them out sometime.

But my problem? Can't sustain a drift. It's always either:

- not enough angle, or speed

-or-

- too much angle or speed, just sliding sideways in 90degrees angle and into the wall.

Maybe I'll link the drifting video I made with my Civic Si that's on YouTube.

rsmithdrift
I guess it is driving style then, because not only do I almost never use front downforce (I almost never add a front splitter to my cars), I also never touch suspension settings. And my Corolla drifts fine. Maybe it's the torque curve.

GT4_Rule
Very nice tips. I'll try them out sometime.

But my problem? Can't sustain a drift. It's always either:

- not enough angle, or speed

-or-

- too much angle or speed, just sliding sideways in 90degrees angle and into the wall.

Maybe I'll link the drifting video I made with my Civic Si that's on YouTube.

You want me to post a vid?? I'll post up a good run down the powerline track or a lap of Parkade 6 for you if you'd like.

rsmithdrift
You want me to post a vid?? I'll post up a good run down the powerline track or a lap of Parkade 6 for you if you'd like.

Sure, that would be nice. I can then fully appreciate your skills :D

I havent played this game in a long arse time. I think im going to get online tonight.

Meet up with me in the unranked room, collision on for some fun and TANDEM, yes I said TANDEM drifting.(judged and etc...lots of fun) Make sure youhave a headset.

TougexJspecZ

Unrelated question here:

Do you need a computer to play online? Cuz my PS2 isn't near a computer...

I got a wireless router and a DSL modem from my broadband supplier though.

My best single drift scores are:
800,489 - RX7
6xx,xxx - 240sx
6xx,xxx - 350z
4xx,xxx - Corolla
My online name is SammiQoD guess what QoD stands for.:)

My best single drift scores are:
800,489 - RX7
6xx,xxx - 240sx
6xx,xxx - 350z
4xx,xxx - Corolla
My online name is SammiQoD guess what QoD stands for.:)

800,489? Not bad for a gir... I mean RX-7. ;)

PS: Queen of Drift right?

I think my highest link score was about 150, xxx on one of the downhills in my Supra (second car in career).

Also, if anyone wants to come drifting online, please PM me.

Back