Need GT4 NTSC Save Game!

• Thread starter tombman
  • 8 comments
Hi

I've been using the PAL Version of GT4 untill now, but since there is no 1080i mode in it i was forced to mod my PS2 with an Matrix Infinty Chip and get the NTSC version of GT4 to make the best use of my newly acquired Sanyo Z5 HD beamer ;)

The problem now is, that the save games of the pal version are not compatible to the ntsc version. I tried to "hack" the ID of the game data using the tool PS2 SAVE ID Changer (ps2sidc.exe) but in the middle of the loading of it, the ps2 froze. So it kind of recognized it as an US game data, but failed to fully load it. So i guess the two versions are too different to be compatible.

On my pal version i had all licenses in gold and almost all missions passed. I didn't play much of the game itself (4% done only), so losing that 4% doesn't matter to me.

What does is the 80 gold medals for the licenses, so i need a save game (game data) which has all licenses in gold and all missions (i will replay the missions that i don't have) done.

I use Active Replay and a USB stick to transfer data to and from the ps2.

I searched google to find cheatcodes for AR but wasn't very successful.

So, does somebody know where to get
a.) cheat codes for NTSC Version of GT4 (all missions and all licenses in gold)
b.) a complete savegame with all missions done and all licenses in gold.

The save games don't have to be in AR format, any format will do- there are tools which can convert anything. (e.g. save game builder)

PLEASE HELP :D

p.s: i found that kind of savegames for the pal versions, but i need save games for the NTSC (=US) version!!

Thx guys, but i already solved the problem myself ;)
I used different tools (codebreaker, action replay max) to cheat my way up to the point where i was in the pal version so i can continue now with the ntsc version...thx again.

Hi

I've been using the PAL Version of GT4 untill now, but since there is no 1080i mode in it i was forced to (...) get the NTSC version of GT4 (...)

The problem now is, that the save games of the pal version are not compatible to the ntsc version. I tried to "hack" the ID of the game data (...) but in the middle of the loading of it, the ps2 froze (...) i guess the two versions are too different to be compatible
I'm in the same situation!!!

Does somebody found a way to convert save game between PAL and NTSC version. Maybe some third-party device can be used. I would like to convert my game progress...

Last edited:
I'm in the same situation!!!

Does somebody found a way to convert save game between PAL and NTSC version. Maybe some third-party device can be used. I would like to convert my game progress...
I think it's impossible, because:
- the savegame is encrypted, no one can decode it yet.
- the car code is different.

Yes, it is impossible. Code is different.

But you can use cheat programs to cheat up to the point where you have the same progress as in the pal version. Then you can disable all cheats and continue playing with the ntsc version.

Learn all about Action Replay MAx and all the other cheat tools...

It really sucks :/

I’ve decided to get some fine tuned save game with nice cars and start over again (so all I need is money and license).

I went here and got a nice save game (save by eddie00).

Then I went here and got PS2 Save Builder (so I can extracet savegame to RAW format).

After that I placed my savegame on my Pendrive, and launched LaunchELF to copy my save from PEN do MC (tutorial in Polish :dunce: )

BUT GT4 doesn’t ready my save game saying it’s corrupted.
I’ve also checked my GT4 version – it creates BASCUS-97328 folders so it’s US NTSC ver.

Last edited:
OK! I have fixed the problem.

I’ve got the latest version of uLaunchELF, the I created a blank GT4 NTSC save and just replaced it with the downloaded one and it works!!!

Anyway thx for every one for help, I’ll continue to play on this save, it’s 38% completed (some races, all missions, most endurance races), so there’s plenty of Racine to do, and that’s what GT4 is all abort :cheers: :P

Last edited:
Back