Need help extracting a song from old GT3/GT2000 demos

• Thread starter R3n
  • 1 comments

R3n

United States
United States
Note: I'm not looking for the normal version of Mirage, I'm looking for the early version in some demo disks that is 2 minutes and 27 seconds long and is a bit different to the standard track.

I'm trying to extract the early version of Mirage that is in some old GT3/GT2000 Japan demo disks. The GT2000 demo disk has this version of Mirage in PCM format, but everything I've tried outputs a sound barely resembling the song, and it's a garbled mess. The later but still early GT3 demo disks have Mirage in ADS format, but everything I've tried either doesn't like it, or misreads the file as having only one channel making it sound like a slowed and still garbled mess.

Does anyone know what tool I should be using for this? I've tried these tools below so far, and none of them have been able to properly extract the file.
vngcon (16 bit era PCM extractor)
PSound 133 and 201 (Doesn't detect either file)
MFAudio
Audacity
tROMbone
eac3to334
awave
vgmstream

Was able to extract the sound from RACE.PCM using MFAudio with an Interleave of 200 bytes. There's some popping in the track, which I don't know how to get rid of, but it's a lot better than before.

Back