Need help mounting T300 RS GT

• Thread starter NickGR27
  • 5 comments
Greece
Greece
Hello everyone! It’s my first post here, I am a total amateur when it comes to racing and hardware and I need your help. Please excuse any grammar mistakes :(

After 2 years playing F1 with an Xbox controller on my pc I decided to go for a wheel so I can play the new game and why not, other titles.
I found a very well conditioned second hand thrustmaster t300 rs gt but I have some issues mounting it.

I first tried to mount it on my desk office with the spinning thing it comes with. It mounted well but after some gaming and a quick left turn, the base fell into my lap.

I was wondering if there is a better way to mount it but the thing is that I need to find a way to hard mount it but also be able to remove it as I also play some other games that the wheel can’t be in my way...

I’m sorry if I confused you, any advice is welcomed.

Imagine that this is T300 and there is a desk between the wheel base and the table clamp. You can screw a long enough and thin enough piece of wood or metal to the desk(on the underside of the desk) which will prevent the clamp from sliding forward:

tmxproduct-4.jpg

tmxproduct-4.jpg

The ideal solution is to buy a wheel stand that you mount the wheel and pedals to, this is done with bolts (hard mounting); so it is more secure. Being a separate stand from your desk, it means it is easy to move out the way. And if you get one with a folding design, takes up a little less room for appropriate storage. If you ziptie the cables in place also, it will incur less damage from moving it. Constantly setting up on a desk, and then removing it again after a session; often means a constant winding/unwinding of the cables. Which can often add extra strain to the cables themselves, and to where the cables connect into the device itself.

This is the wheel stand that I use, it is made by GTomega

20171220_103605_by_ialyrnaeloria-dbx9oj9.jpg

Its a folding design (I just have room to keep it like that all the time though), it is sturdy and relatively cheap. A seat frame can be added to it at a later date, should the need/want to upgrade to a full cockpit arise.

If you order anything like that, should it be something that suit your needs. Make sure whichever stand you look at, includes a viable mount for a shifter (should you have on). The mount my TH8A is on, is a separate purchase from GTomega; and is not included in that particular stand. I do believe that GTomega have just released a new stand that does include it though, plus there are other makers of wheel stands out there.

Back