Need help - "Not enough Memory error"

• Thread starter slipp3h
  • 13 comments
slipp3h
I'm getting a insufficient HDD space error message when I try to play GT5 now, specifically the 0x0000000b [136] error (says it needs more than 32mb).

I have well beyond 32md. I deleted all the game data and started the game and it worked fine, however once I apply the updates again it stops working.

I've heard that one potential solution may be to copy the save file to a USB drive, delete it and try again. Then if it works, bring the save back. Unfortunately, it no longer looks like you can copy save data unless you have playstation plus.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixes, my searching has yielded nothing that worked. I just pre-ordered Forza yesterday, so it seems GT5 is spiting me.

Unfortunately, it no longer looks like you can copy save data unless you have playstation plus.

Or a USB flashdrive...or any electonic gadget which has a card reader and usb cable...

Hopefully you would have had an older save, as at this point my guess is that the current save is as good as corrupted.

TP1
Or a USB flashdrive...or any electonic gadget which has a card reader and usb cable...

Hopefully you would have had an older save, as at this point my guess is that the current save is as good as corrupted.

I plugged in my USB hard drive and it doesn't give me the option. I can goto my NFS shift save and it gives me the option to copy to my USB, but with my GT5 save the only option is to use PSN plus to upload the save. My guess is GT5 disabled that option when PSN plus came out.

I don't have an older save, not looking good...

What I don't understand is how you are able to post when you are clearly incapable of reading.

Yes, I realize that PD said they corrected a issue that sounds exactly like I'm experiencing in the 1.06 update. However if you'd bother to read what I wrote, or the other thread I linked to, you'd see an issue that appears to be exactly the same has been experienced by users since the 1.07 update on (1.13 in my case).

PD said they'd do something, and they didn't (at least not all the way) - huge shock right? I'm just looking to find others on GTP that have experienced the same thing and whether there's a solution, short of me losing all my progress in GT5.

I've spent countless hours enjoying this game and it's incredibly frustrating to have this happen, and then on top of it have you try to tell me that PD has fixed the exact problem I'm having!

1031kb. I'm level 31 a spec I believe.

The file size seems under what others were having problems with earlier due to the museum cards, I think that seemed to be a problem when people went over 4000kb+

1031kb. I'm level 31 a spec I believe.

The file size seems under what others were having problems with earlier due to the museum cards, I think that seemed to be a problem when people went over 4000kb+

Hmm, you shouldn't be affected, but somehow you are. Try going back to 1.00, switch cars, save then download patches. I done it after my Permanent Borrow glitch attempt failed.

Hmm, you shouldn't be affected, but somehow you are. Try going back to 1.00, switch cars, save then download patches. I done it after my Permanent Borrow glitch attempt failed.

I was hoping this might work, gave it a try to no avail unfortunately - thanks for the suggestion though.

There are 500 gigabyte hard drives that cost less than $50 that only take a few minutes to install. Your PS3 is worth it.

Try Amazon.com

It's not a space problem, I have 100+ GB free. It's a problem with my save and GT5s updates.

I did some more searching on other forums about this, and after reading about many people not playing for months hoping for a solution, I just bit the bullet and deleted my save. I really just want to drive, and at least I'm able to do that again - seasonal events have let me earn credits pretty quick too.

this problem has always existed, and no it was never fully repaired. Yes for some it started working again with an update. But it continues to happen. I have not played in 2 months. And i will not start over after all that work. Hopefully with all the reports from here and other sites. they will finally address the problem and do a real fix.

Back