Need help shortening braking distance

• Thread starter KingCheese
  • 7 comments
Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico
Hayden1978
So I got a RUF CTR2 and the braking distance is very bad. I have the brake balance set to 5 (front)/10 (rear). I kept the front at 5 because any higher makes the front tires go light yellow even if it's for a second. I've got the Ballast positioned at 50%. I've got the racing brakes installed and all the other aftermarket parts too. I'm thinking setting ABS to 0 might help but since I only have a DS3 to play with, controlling the brake pedal is harder (I have the brake binded to the L2 trigger for more precise control). So what should I do to minimize braking distance?

The 1st question that has to be asked before suggestions can be given, is what tires are you using?
2nd is LSD brake setting?
3rd is power. Are you slowing down from speeds of 100ish, or 170ish? PP level?

The better the tire level, the more it can handle before locking on you. So what you can do about it really makes a difference between if your on SH compared to RH. (Or whatever)

But right off the bat, seeing as your at 5/10 and having issues, I would try things like 7/5 and 8/6.
If your LSD setting is too low, nothing is going to help, so experiment with that while testing also.

I was using SS tires since that's what I use on most of my street cars.
The LSD Brake sensitivity was low but i increased it to 35 in the front and 50 in the rear.
It has 916hp and the PP Level is 633 (No oil change). The speed was about 215mph-220mph, My problem was in a corner on a track I made, I could get up to that speed on that straight before the corner on other cars and still brake a little later. I set the brake balance to 8/6 and it helped out a lot and the LSD Decel. setting also helped and now I can brake at about the same distance from the corner like other cars so thanks. :):bowdown:

I tinkered with the suspension a bit also, I lowered front damper compression and the rear damper extension and that added a bit more support.

Thanks for the help, cheers! :cheers:

So I got a RUF CTR2 and the braking distance is very bad. I have the brake balance set to 5 (front)/10 (rear). I kept the front at 5 because any higher makes the front tires go light yellow even if it's for a second. I've got the Ballast positioned at 50%. I've got the racing brakes installed and all the other aftermarket parts too. I'm thinking setting ABS to 0 might help but since I only have a DS3 to play with, controlling the brake pedal is harder (I have the brake binded to the L2 trigger for more precise control). So what should I do to minimize braking distance?
As @demonchilde said, there is very little definitive help we can give without knowing a few more specifics. But yes, the tyres are the single most important detail there, without knowing what tyres you intend to use all I will suggest for now is to drop the racing brakes. Unless you are running RM-RS tyres, the normal brakes are more than enough.
I would also say don't turn off the ABS with the settings you have already, you will lock-up both front and rear tyres more or less instantly and your stopping distance will be however far away the nearest sand-pit/gravel trap or wall is :lol:

I posted the steps I use for tuning brakes Here... a while back, perhaps they could be useful to you.

Edit: Tree'd :(

Back