• Thread starter solocatS
  • 19 comments
Is this track a bug?

I chose hard mode
My S660 is like an old snail, very, very slow
My Lap time 2:26 to 2:28 , fastest run at 2:25
It didn't get above 6th place

The all AI looks like a Mach 1 rocket , that can't catch up

I Follow the guide (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/the-human-comedy-guide-for-all-races.407711/)

S660 just 81hp​

What should I do?
How many times did you pit? I used a non-glitch wide body Capuccino and wasn't a great deal faster than the AI, but only pitted once, which made it an easy win as the fastest AI all pitted more than once. I had to shift extremely early, before even the start of the red bar, both to optimise power and fuel consumption. It's a shame the game doesn't provide a rev counter on all driving views, as the red bar is totally inadequate when the power curve has been shifted a lot to the left.

How many times did you pit? I used a non-glitch wide body Capuccino and wasn't a great deal faster than the AI, but only pitted once, which made it an easy win as the fastest AI all pitted more than once. I had to shift extremely early, before even the start of the red bar, both to optimise power and fuel consumption. It's a shame the game doesn't provide a rev counter on all driving views, as the red bar is totally inadequate when the power curve has been shifted a lot to the left.
2 pit ,I only have 0.7 fuel left after each 8 laps. How can I get 1pit ?

In my experience you need a car that can keep up and pass AI on the straights. Great handling is all well and good. But you lose too much time on the straights.

So I used a pretty much stock Cappuccino with engine mods (high rpm turbo etc.) to take me upto around 130bhp. Loaded up with 177KG of ballast positioned at -50. Only other mods where Racing brakes and Sports pads.

No need to rev it out so can save fuel.

Okay, here's my setup. I just did it again because my setup was at 440 PP after the updates since I last did it, which wasn't even that long ago! So I adjusted my setup, but it didn't seem to make much difference, I still won by over a minute. The car has wide body, with wide wheels and offset, and after adding that, you have to add a rear wing. I had a front wing, but set to 0 downforce I think having no front wing should be the same. The only caveat is I set it up in the event, and when I exited to the menu afterwards, it was showing 402 PP, so if you copy it and find it's over 400 PP, just reduce the power and/or tweak the ballast.

You need to use a view that has a rev counter and shift at 6000rpm. You can shift a bit higher and that will give more performance, and the fuel should still last, as I had 6% fuel remaining after my first 13 lap stint, so I could have used a bit more.

I don't know if the steering angle kit is important, but there are places where I am fully moving the controller stick, so I assume it would turn less tightly in those places without the steering angle kit, but I haven't tried it without to compare.

I used TC 1 and default ABS.

Don't worry if the AI pull away from you at first. They were around 30 seconds ahead of me before they first pitted.

Human Comedy Autopolis Capuccino 1.jpg

Human Comedy Autopolis Capuccino 2.jpg

Human Comedy Autopolis Capuccino 3.jpg

I see I went through the end of lap 24 about 20 secs faster than Kie, who is a much faster driver than me, so something about my setup and/or strategy was better than what he did:

Okay, here's my setup. I just did it again because my setup was at 440 PP after the updates since I last did it, which wasn't even that long ago! So I adjusted my setup, but it didn't seem to make much difference, I still won by over a minute. The car has wide body, with wide wheels and offset, and after adding that, you have to add a rear wing. I had a front wing, but set to 0 downforce I think having no front wing should be the same. The only caveat is I set it up in the event, and when I exited to the menu afterwards, it was showing 402 PP, so if you copy it and find it's over 400 PP, just reduce the power and/or tweak the ballast.

You need to use a view that has a rev counter and shift at 6000rpm. You can shift a bit higher and that will give more performance, and the fuel should still last, as I had 6% fuel remaining after my first 13 lap stint, so I could have used a bit more.

I don't know if the steering angle kit is important, but there are places where I am fully moving the controller stick, so I assume it would turn less tightly in those places without the steering angle kit, but I haven't tried it without to compare.

I used TC 1 and default ABS.

Don't worry if the AI pull away from you at first. They were around 30 seconds ahead of me before they first pitted.

View attachment 1206214

View attachment 1206213

View attachment 1206212
Thank you very much for your help! 👍👍👍

For the S660 try 10/50 in wing. I am not sure but I think that was the key in making the car turn properly in the fast corners without twitch oversteer. I did the misstake changing fuel map from 1 to 2 with 2 laps to go or I would have won the race. I kind of learned to drive the car with 20 minutes to go so next time it will be a walk in the park. Despite all focus on engine power the cheating ai can´t be matched on the straights though fully so it´s in the fast sweeping corners essentially carrying more speed out of them where I do the time.

I'll share my setup but it might be a few hours from now before I have chance to do it.
I just finally finished it. I didn't see the note on shifting at first, I was wondering why the gearing was spread out so much. I had dropped it to like a 170kph top speed, shifting at redline, and I was getting smoked. I was getting so annoyed lol. Then I went to check out Praiano's tune and saw he had similar gearing, but I saw his suggestion to shift at 7000. I wasn't quite getting 13 laps on a tank, so I had to pit after 12 and again towards the end for a quick splash of fuel. I still had a 1:20 lead after my second stop though. Thank god that's over, that was so boring, and I kept forgetting to shift earlier lol. Thanks for posting.

Have you tried Sim Dashboard on an old smartphone or tablet?

Do you think I can win with this set up
Why dont you just give it a try? If you are not in the lead after 20 minutes or have at least caught up to the 6th position, it likely wont result in 1st place - the AI is doing the first pit at around that timing.

Why dont you just give it a try? If you are not in the lead after 20 minutes or have at least caught up to the 6th position, it likely wont result in 1st place - the AI is doing the first pit at around that timing.
Thanks for the info I just didn't wanna get 40 minutes in and find out my strategy was poor

Update for 1.27. Just completed this with the Suzuki Cappuccino ‘91. See set up in pics below thanks to @breeminator. Strategy is you HAVE TO SHIFT AT 7,000 RPM!!!!! This is where the cars power band peaks. The leaders pitted on lap 8 and 16. I had to pit on lap 11 for fuel and the tires were almost halfway down. I realized I was on pace for 25 laps so I pitted again on lap 17 and took fresh tires and enough fuel to to get me 10 more laps just in case. Ended up winning by 1:01.5 seconds. TCS 1, fuel map 1, brake bias 0. Go get ‘em tiger!

Attachments

• 279A76E6-F52E-489B-BFCA-F3D0EF7CF81E.jpeg
    279A76E6-F52E-489B-BFCA-F3D0EF7CF81E.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 160
  • B18B909A-D69C-462D-8169-FFC8A2326C33.jpeg
    B18B909A-D69C-462D-8169-FFC8A2326C33.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 127
Autopolis

Car: Honda S660 '15

Autopolis International Racing Course_.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231225908.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20221231225912.jpg

I just happened to have a Honda S660 handy, so I used it. It also appears to be the best car to use in the race anyway, as all the AI S660s ended up ahead of all the other different car AIs.

This one is pretty straight forward, as you don't really have a lot of options in terms of strategy as the tires are fixed. Basically just run at fuel trim 1 for almost the entire race. A tank of gas lasted me exactly 8 laps, which seems to be the same as the lead AI, as we all pitted every 8 laps. If you're easy on tires, you can consider double stinting them to save a few seconds on the pit stop, but it isn't necessary. You would also want to turn down the fuel at some point in the last stint to avoid making an extra pit stop, as you will probably end up doing a total of 25 laps (1 extra lap for the final stint). With this set up my best lap time was 2:22.281. I was lapping about a second a lap faster than the leading AI and just caught them by the first pit stop. After you get past them, it's like they give up and start lapping a couple seconds a lap slower. I ended up winning by ~45 seconds.

In terms of the set up, you don't really have to follow exactly what I have. I only used this particular set up because I already had this car tuned and didn't want to build another one from scratch. In fact, it's probably better if you don't do the weight reductions at all. It seems like the most important aspect for this particular race is horsepower, as even with 119hp I was the slowest car down the straights. Before I ended up with this set up, I tried one where I was really light but only had 84hp, and I got absolutely annihilated down the straights, and I lost like a second a lap to the lead AI. An odd thing I found was that the Low RPM turbo actually reduced PP (by like 10), while increasing hp and tq at the same time. So I would actually recommend not getting any modifications that increase PP without increasing power, and try to maximize horsepower.

Last edited:
Back