The Human Comedy - Guide for all races

• Thread starter EmilThaudal
  • 440 comments
Denmark
Denmark
Reasoning
I wanted to make a guide for all Human Comedy races in one place, as an easy look-up for people who are yet to complete the races. I will post strategies for the races i have completed so far, and update the post with results for the rest as i get them finished.

I drove all races on PS5 in frame rate mode using the PS5 controller with ABS enabled, but all other assists disabled.

1. Mazda Roadster Touring - Tsukuba
This race is all about changing tires at the right time. I won the race with a gap of about 15 seconds after using a really bad strategy costing me two additional stops, but the race can easily be won with a large margin by boxing at smart times.

Tune:
Pretty basic tune lowering power a bit, and adding some ballast to keep the car at 600pp.
8967BB5B-A92D-4544-AEB6-4253BBC53153.jpeg

BA741D67-6E23-42FE-BC94-40927B0624EC.jpeg

Strategy:
Stay on dry tires through the first patch of rain, as it will pass quickly. Drive carefully and gain a lot of time on the AI due to them going to inters and back again.

When the second patch of rain comes, go straight to full wet tires when there is not enough grip to stay on dry tires. When the racing line drys enough for slicks, switch back and drive very carefully to avoid going to the wet patches and slide of.

Fuel saving should not be necessary.

2. BAC Mono - Trial Mountain
All about staying smooth and reducing tire wear in this very slippery car.
56AB7269-56DC-43D8-9637-35EF7D476E82.jpeg

Tune:
Remember to upgrade parts improving pp that doesn’t change HP or weight. I stiffened the rear of the car a bit to try and improve grip, but it doesn’t make much of a difference.
731A524C-4EC9-43FE-8491-BAE6282F48A5.jpeg

63F6EB12-0534-474A-9D96-96D0F5D9476A.jpeg

Strategy:
For this race i went on SS tires all the way, stopping at 20 and 40 minutes for fresh tires and fuel. Fuel map 1 all the way.
The most important thing to make the race easier is to avoid sliding, especially on the rear tires, as the car melts through them if driven hard. If you conserve tires, you should catch up on the AIs during the later parts of the stints.

3. Kei Cars - Autopolis
Probably the most boring of the races, but the strategy is quite simple. I used the S660 and fuel map 1 the entire race and won by quite a large margin.
35DA2F0F-9D2D-43A7-9F73-E23389A17A33.jpeg

Tune:
Basic tune upping the car to 400pp. I put on a medium-range turbo to be able to run at a bit lower revs and save fuel that way.
1DDDE4C9-2470-4763-9BA0-70E72B7C401E.jpeg

649D7D61-D97F-4F7B-8AF7-2DE7C0289839.jpeg

Strategy:
Stop at 20 and 40 minutes for fuel and fresh tires. Like the BAC, it’s important to avoid sliding too much, as the tires will wear out quickly if you do.
Fuel map 1 all the way through, but you can switch at 75% rpm bar to save a bit of fuel.

4. Road cars (550pp) - Kyoto
This was a fun race with lots of different viable cars. I ended up using the Supra RZ ‘20, but i tested out the Yaris GR, Silvia S15 Aero and NSX Type R and all of the cars did great.
B884F39E-BC96-4A89-9871-A6205AEE1A42.jpeg

Tune:
I tuned the car for 550pp using SH tires, as 550 SM performs very closely in lap times but the medium tires wear out a lot quicker. Important thing for this race is to make sure that the car can‘t reach 240 as getting the 240 km/h rotational G to 0 will reduce PP a lot and allow for performance gains in other places.
339FC07A-5A42-4E8D-8B57-2FE0BFC3EF65.jpeg

84EBD7E2-5E46-4625-8BD1-2AF4916A0079.jpeg

Strategy:
I used a 1-stop strategy with a stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and topped fuel for 11-laps remaining.

5. 620pp - Deep Forest Raceway
For this race, the decision is between a more fuel efficient GR.4 car or a road car that can make up time on the straights.
I went with the Mclaren 650s GR.4 on RH tires for a 1-stop strategy. Looking at the results, it seems likely to be the easiest strategy for this race.
82F3CBA8-A129-4513-84E2-B5E22BD549FE.jpeg

0B53C3C1-A229-4B4C-8F82-F17E1338396F.jpeg

Tune:
I went with a slight ballast and detuned power to reach the 620pp limit. Otherwise the setup is default.
If i was to do the race again, i would reduce downforce, put on a bit more ballast and increase engine power, as this is a really fast track, and with the default setup i lost quite a bit of time on the straights.
8B33D353-D63C-441D-A407-A470793D09C1.jpeg

D125F3E0-481A-4F92-9B1D-4091C79085EC.jpeg

Strategy:
For the GR.4 cars the strategy is simple: fuel map 1 and stop at 30 minutes for fresh tires and fuel for the last 30 minutes. This strategy will be viable in any GR.4 cars as they all have good fuel efficiency.
Go for a car that has good straight line speed to make the race easier.

When racing, don’t worry about the Taycan blasting ahead up the road, he will stop at 15, 30, 45 and 58 minutes to recharge.

6. 1979 and earlier - Alsace
This was another really fun race. I went with the BMW 3.0 CSL with the wide body. The main goal here was to use a car that could 1-stop the race with fuel being the limiting factor, so i tried to find a car with a small’ish engine compared to some of the main rivals.
IMG_3382.JPG

IMG_3381.JPG

Tune:
IMG_3378.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

I tuned based on the comfort soft tire, as it’s simply easier to drive a 450pp car on comfort soft than on the other two compounds. The main goal was to keep weight low to reduce fuel usage and keep car nice and smooth to drive.

Strategy:
Even the soft tire wont wear out in this race, unless you really slide around a lot. With this car it was possible to reach the halfway point before having to refuel running map 1 with a bit of short shifting at around 85-90% rpm.
Depending on the fuel usage of the car a lower map may be necessary, but it’s about staying patient as most of the fast AI‘s will do two stops.

For these older cars its always about smooth driving and inputs, they can slide a lot, and its faster to stay in traction.

7. GR.3 - Red Bull Ring
Coming up.

8. GR.3 - Lake Maggiore
Time for the final challenge, and there’s been a lot of talk on the difficulty of this race on the forums. Compared to most of the other races it’s definitely harder.
I went with the 911 RSR for my first attempt as it’s my favorite GR.3 car. I lapped 1:57’s through most of the race on a two stop RM->RM->RM strategy and won with 22 seconds to the M6 who also did a two stop on RM’s.
IMG_3339.JPG

Tune:
No tune for this race as its BoP.

Strategy:
Two possible strategies here that are quite close in terms of total race time.
1-stop RH -> RH, i think this is the easier strategy. For some cars it might require a bit of fuel saving to reach the 30 minute mark before stopping. In general this strategy is favored for cars with turbo engines as they generally use less fuel. The exception is the RX-VISION that has great fuel economy even being NA due to the rotor-engine.
Good car choices:
  • RX-Vision
  • Peugeot RCZ
  • Peugeot VGT GR.3
  • Mclaren 650s GT3

2-stop RM -> RM -> RM, i used this strategy in the 911 and used fuel-map 1 all race and pushed all race while trying to avoid excessive tyre wear.
The two-stop will work with most cars, but requires quite fast times throughout the race to be able to pull it off.
I will update the post once i have done another attempt at this race to figure out the best strategy.

Last edited:
Kei Cars - Autopolis
Probably the most boring of the races, but the strategy is quite simple. I used the S660 and fuel map 1 the entire race and won by quite a large margin.
I ran this one and finished 3rd, 1 minute behind P1. I thought the problem was me running 2.30/2.31.xx laps, whilst the cars in front were running 2.26.xx, and then I saw your fastest lap time of 2.24.xx!

I must be doing something really wrong, as I've more power than you, more torque, and less weight......🤔

I ran this one and finished 3rd, 1 minute behind P1. I thought the problem was me running 2.30/2.31.xx laps, whilst the cars in front were running 2.26.xx, and then I saw your fastest lap time of 2.24.xx!

I must be doing something really wrong, as I've more power than you, more torque, and less weight......🤔
I did a few laps and then started over until i figured out how to drive these cars efficiently, they are a bit different to drive than most other cars. I’m considering uploading some videos as well showing a lap of the race to show driving style for each race.

Only 6 and 8 are a challenge, so I am waiting patiently ;)
I finished both, will update post this evening. Sadly i’ve not figured out a really good strategy for 8 yet. I tried the 2 stop medium strategy mentioned in the other thread in the 911 RSR, but i think the 1 stop will be better with a turbo car for better fuel economy.

I’ll post my result and strategy here and maybe give the race another go tomorrow to find a better strategy.

I did a few laps and then started over until i figured out how to drive these cars efficiently, they are a bit different to drive than most other cars. I’m considering uploading some videos as well showing a lap of the race to show driving style for each race.
Efficiency's not a problem for me - I've had 30% fuel left at the pitstops, where the AI have had 4%. It's speed that's my issue by the looks of it!

I finished both, will update post this evening. Sadly i’ve not figured out a really good strategy for 8 yet. I tried the 2 stop medium strategy mentioned in the other thread in the 911 RSR, but i think the 1 stop will be better with a turbo car for better fuel economy.

I’ll post my result and strategy here and maybe give the race another go tomorrow to find a better strategy.
I personally went with the RCZ, hard->hard, won with a comfortable 10 seconds lead, fuel mix always at one.

Thanks, came in first with your BAC tune on my first try in the Trial Mountain mission. The car is slippery, but once you get a handle on it, not bad at all. I ran some laps in TT mode on the track until I got consistent so even though I won on first attempt, it wasn't without preparation.

It's not that easy to pass the AI and maintain lap times and not slide degrading tires with this car... sticking to ideal line really helps tire wear, but having to brake late for an overtake eats rubber with this car. Overall the lapped traffic [when battling with the top cars] was probably the determining factor in the race. At one point, I was making a pass about 35 minutes into the race when I moved inside the AI and they decided to pit and nothing was going to stop them... lapped AI rammed right threw me like a train and sent me into the wall on their way to pits... I got a penalty for hitting wall too. lol. I decided to mix things up and pit right there also, which was a good call... I served the penalty on the way out of the pits at very slow speed anyway so cost very little, but had to do a long final stint. That incident cost me quite a bit of time between going off track, penatly and getting off ideal pit strategy, but still won with a good margin... I thought the 2nd place car was going to close fast at the end, but he must have run into lapped traffic because his progress stopped completely with 4 laps to go and that was that.

For the first race, main opponent is Miyazono. Miyazono cheats. No way he can be that fast on this track.

Personally I think it can be worth to run the second stint on Inters, but I've seen even AI on Hard tires not changing to dry tire at all. It's probably doable and a good opportunity to save fuel by limiting fuel map so you have less wheelspin. For the second rain part you can run Inters and be faster than the AI on Wets despite having to nanny the car a bit. Then when the track begins to dry you can pit later for Mediums or Softs if you want.

The BAC Mono race, I thought I couldn't win. Fraga and Inostroza are fast. But AI also stands for "artificial idiocy" and these guys will lose A TON of time on backmarkers. Two shorter stints on Softs and one longer stint on Mediums can win you the race. IMO there's not enough fuel for a one-stopper unless you play with the MFD or short shift.

I won the 550PP race very easily with a Sprinter Trueno and a tune from this forum's tuning section (the Group A tune).

For the Alsace race, lightweight cars can do 1-stoppers very easily even with aggressive driving, but the tires lack grip and will limit your speed. I did it on the Alpine but it's quite difficult to drive.

Last edited:
For the race that you can select multiple, I forgot the setup and strats but these were what I go far (aiming at lap imes)

Kei Cars = Copen
Kyoto = Alpine VGT
Alsace = A220 (Legend Store)
Deep Forest = Detuned RCZ GR3

When racing, don’t worry about the Taycan blasting ahead up the road, he will stop at 15, 30, 45 and 58 minutes to recharge.
Not in my race he didn't! Not only did he not stop at 58 minutes, he caught me up really quickly on the last but one lap, and rammed me into the wall in one of the tunnels - he and 6 other cars passed me, and I finished 8th.

Gutting, as it looked like I was going to win at the first attempt.....

When you think you still can make it… Sony comes up with a update to beat you down.

I tried it with a Taycan and both RCZ GR3s and I still, not remotely can close up to the Taycan.

When you think you still can make it… Sony comes up with a update to beat you down.

I tried it with a Taycan and both RCZ GR3s and I still, not remotely can close up to the Taycan.
For the 620 pp Deep Forest race I've used the Radical, you gain a lot on the infield on everyone else, don't lose too much on the straights (you can actually catch up with people if you have the slipstream), and the car is extremely good on fuel and tire saving, you'll need to pit only once for both tires and fuel.
As for what fuel mix to use, three on the infield, one on straights.

For the 620 pp Deep Forest race I've used the Radical, you gain a lot on the infield on everyone else, don't lose too much on the straights (you can actually catch up with people if you have the slipstream), and the car is extremely good on fuel and tire saving, you'll need to pit only once for both tires and fuel.
As for what fuel mix to use, three on the infield, one on straights.
I‘ll try that and now:

I‘ve just finished Autopolis and this is the best setup for the Honda S660:

I did it 3 Stop all 5-7 laps with fuel map on 1 all the race. I took over the lead at the beginning lap 3. I think tyre deg is tremendous but if you do an average time of 2:24 every lap you‘ll be fine.

And in addition, I fitted my car with Type B Front/Rear Bumpers and side skirts

DCF27A92-E3E5-45D1-94EC-1AD493D9FC1B.jpeg

6D1D83AD-1EFC-4E4F-AF6F-F997784037C1.jpeg

Last edited:
Totally different race at Deep Forest the second time! The Taycan rushed off into the distance at the start, but didn't really feature after it's first stop at 15 minutes.

I managed to get into the lead just after his stop, and stayed there until the end, finishing 1 lap ahead of the rest of the field. The Taycan finished 4th.

Used the Gr4 WRX - hard tyres, 1 stop for new tyres at 30 minutes, and just a splash of fuel.

You can completely ignore the Taycan. It seems too fast, but it has to pit all the time so you're not even competing with it.

You can completely ignore the Taycan. It seems too fast, but it has to pit all the time so you're not even competing with it.
Okay then this is the final one coming up cuz I just finished Spielberg with the M6 GT3 EM

Strategy in Spielberg/Round 7 is: Start on Medium with Fuel Map 3, stop once on Lap 10 and then proceed until Lap 19 when the track is about to get messy wet. Take the full wets until lap 29 and then go on Mediums with Fuel Map on 1.

No tuning advice here ofc since it is BOP

Not always the case, it can be a problem sometimes (as I posted further up this post!). It easily got back to the front after every stop it made, and won the race by about 30 seconds.....

Not always the case, it can be a problem sometimes (as I posted further up this post!). It easily got back to the front after every stop it made, and won the race by about 30 seconds.....
I just had the closest finish in my entire Gran Turismo career and yes, it was the Taycan appearing under a tenth behind me in the mirror at the finish line with 0,0 laps of fuel. Anyway also mind the Renault Megane/Clio/RS/blabla and the McLaren GR4 as well.

6. 1979 and earlier - Alsace
This was another really fun race. I went with the BMW 3.0 CSL with the wide body. The main goal here was to use a car that could 1-stop the race with fuel being the limiting factor, so i tried to find a car with a small’ish engine compared to some of the main rivals.
View attachment 1138211
View attachment 1138221

Tune:
View attachment 1138212
View attachment 1138214
I tuned based on the comfort soft tire, as it’s simply easier to drive a 450pp car on comfort soft than on the other two compounds. The main goal was to keep weight low to reduce fuel usage and keep car nice and smooth to drive.

Strategy:
Even the soft tire wont wear out in this race, unless you really slide around a lot. With this car it was possible to reach the halfway point before having to refuel running map 1 with a bit of short shifting at around 85-90% rpm.
Depending on the fuel usage of the car a lower map may be necessary, but it’s about staying patient as most of the fast AI‘s will do two stops.

For these older cars its always about smooth driving and inputs, they can slide a lot, and its faster to stay in traction.
I'm tuning the BMW at the moment, but I'm on 469 PP and did exactly the same as mentioned above. Did you change anything in the gears?

Okay then this is the final one coming up cuz I just finished Spielberg with the M6 GT3 EM

Strategy in Spielberg/Round 7 is: Start on Medium with Fuel Map 3, stop once on Lap 10 and then proceed until Lap 19 when the track is about to get messy wet. Take the full wets until lap 29 and then go on Mediums with Fuel Map on 1.

No tuning advice here ofc since it is BOP
Tried this with the RCZ, which ran for 12 laps on fuel map 1. Beauvois lapped the whole field, nearly lapped me for a second time, but went off as he tried to pass me on the last lap! As with the Tsukuba race, fastest lap was set by him when the track was wet 🤔

I finished 8th....

Update: Two more races where Beauvois managed to lap the whole field (despite his strange pitstop strategy!), but then finally a change of strategy from him, and I managed to win, 28 seconds ahead of him 🙂

Last edited:
Thank you for all those informations.

8. GR.3 - Lake Maggiore

The exception is the RX-VISION that has great fuel economy even being NA due to the rotor-engine. YES YES

RX-VISION:

Less fuel + 1 pit + Tyres RM -> RM
Skip short gears
And forgot the brakes a bit, rather downshift (for safe tyres)

1:58 (best 1:57.100)

31tr “30 tr=> 59:56 ;)

Red Bull Ring race (Human Comedy #7) I quote myself from another thread.

For Red Bull Ring:

It rains half way into the race (30 min mark). The default strategy is RM > RM until it rains. But, there's a catch. If you want, you can go RS > RM, going balls out on the Softs, then saving a bit of fuel on the Mediums with lower map. This is because Beauvois is absolutely TERRIBLE at overtaking backmarkers and will lose a lot of time, so you can stretch the second stint without much problem.

Once it rains, switch to Wets, not Inters. AI will try Inters, but will have to change to Wets anyway. Track is undrivable on anything below Wets. Stay on Wets until well after the rain stops (once you see a fair bit of red on your Wet tires), then switch to Softs for the final stint around the 12 min mark, maybe even below. You'll be over 1 minute ahead of the AI at this point, because they switch to Inters before the Softs (they're dumb!).

Another possible strategy is to start on Hards with FM6, then only stop once it rains.

I used the Castrol Supra, which can't do a full stint on Mediums because there's not enough fuel. You're gonna have to run FM2 or 3 if going for the first strategy anyway. I did the second one so I could fully utilize the car's capabilities with the Softs.

Gallo is the main opponent. Beauvois stops too late and loses too much time on his Mediums when it starts raining.

tl;dr

RM (45 min) > RM (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)

or

RS (48 min) > RM (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)

or

RH (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)

Same... i'd read how easy this one was with the S660... not true.

I tried every strategy and car but still can't win maggiore race :(

AI always faster, always quickly out pits, etc..

Red Bull Ring race (Human Comedy #7) I quote myself from another thread.

For Red Bull Ring:

It rains half way into the race (30 min mark). The default strategy is RM > RM until it rains. But, there's a catch. If you want, you can go RS > RM, going balls out on the Softs, then saving a bit of fuel on the Mediums with lower map. This is because Beauvois is absolutely TERRIBLE at overtaking backmarkers and will lose a lot of time, so you can stretch the second stint without much problem.

Once it rains, switch to Wets, not Inters. AI will try Inters, but will have to change to Wets anyway. Track is undrivable on anything below Wets. Stay on Wets until well after the rain stops (once you see a fair bit of red on your Wet tires), then switch to Softs for the final stint around the 12 min mark, maybe even below. You'll be over 1 minute ahead of the AI at this point, because they switch to Inters before the Softs (they're dumb!).

Another possible strategy is to start on Hards with FM6, then only stop once it rains.

I used the Castrol Supra, which can't do a full stint on Mediums because there's not enough fuel. You're gonna have to run FM2 or 3 if going for the first strategy anyway. I did the second one so I could fully utilize the car's capabilities with the Softs.

Gallo is the main opponent. Beauvois stops too late and loses too much time on his Mediums when it starts raining.

tl;dr

RM (45 min) > RM (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)

or

RS (48 min) > RM (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)

or

RH (30 min) > W (12 min) > RS (end)
In my experience, these races are all different - Gallo didn't feature in any of the races I did, Beauvois was the biggest threat. As per my previous post, Beauvois somehow managed to lap the whole field in the first races I did!

The only thing that does seem to be consistent from race to race is the change of weather.

Back