Need help with Decal

United States
Colorado
I need some help with this decal using Inkscape. I've tried to figure it out and I keep getting it wrong. If you can help me fix this I would appreciate it. Here is a copy of the file.

garystevens64

Attachments

• Armstrong Tools Logo.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 13
Please can you refrain from posting a new topic each time you need help. Either stick everything in the first topic you started or better still post your requests in the designated SVG request thread where it's more likely to be picked up and dealt with quicker 👍

Ok and I'm sorry about that. This is the 1st time I've used any forums of any kind. All of this is new to me. I need to read more using this gtplanet's Forums. Thanks for letting me know.

garystevens64

I need some help with this decal using Inkscape. I've tried to figure it out and I keep getting it wrong. If you can help me fix this I would appreciate it. Here is a copy of the file.

garystevens64
It would be helpful if you explained what bit you needed help with. I presume you need help with punching a hole through the R, as that's usually your issue. This one is trickier as the white part is also attached to a part of the hand. So select the white part, and go to path > break apart. This will separate the parts and you can then go and use the process that I've explained to you before to make the hole in the R.

There it is .....
This is a request for help with a decal, which is a slightly different thing. I've removed your attachment as I've told him how to fix his issue, and he'll never learn if others do it for him.

dann,
Thanks for the help and responding do quickly. Now that I know this I should be ok for a while. I have had some other help but they just fix the decal and didn't explain how they did it which doesn't really help me out at all. Where as you explain how to fix the problem so I will be able to do it myself. Other than YouTube is there any other place I could go to get info about using Inkscape?

garystevens64

dann,
I need some more help with these's logos. I can't remember how to make the centers of the 2 letters clear (blank/no paint). I tried going to Fill/Stroke and then selecting the headphones but it didn't work. If you could please tell me how to do this a would appreciate it a bunch.

garystevens64

Attachments

• Dodge Motorsports Logo.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 10
Back