Need some tips to be more confident with my clean racing

• Thread starter Supergtp
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
Greater London
Hello, title name might be weird but I'm looking for tips to improve my confidence when battling wheel-to-wheel. Mainly on where should I draw the line in terms of defending and attacking and so on so forth. I've had two good races recently which in my eyes were clean, and I wanted to see what others think of them.

First one (should watch the final lap mainly) is how I defend. Most people said I'm clean but I'll put it here anyway.

The second one was at Tokyo wet and I didn't save the replay and thought I pressed the share button twice to record but it wasn't recording :banghead:

The race had gone well and clean until the final corner of the final lap. I was on the inside and the other guy outbraked himself and tried to come back and cut me off. I was going as narrow as I could (two wheels on the right side of the inner curbing, had some barrels out of position so I couldn't go as narrow as I would've liked) and he insisted on coming back. I could've braked, but I thought I also had a right to my side of the track so I kept my line and he ended up hitting my front left, spinning himself and giving me a 3 second penalty :lol:

I still ended 3rd but I felt kinda bad, even though it wasn't my fault? Or was it? I dunno. I'd like you guys' input.

The race had gone well and clean until the final corner of the final lap. I was on the inside and the other guy outbraked himself and tried to come back and cut me off. I was going as narrow as I could (two wheels on the right side of the inner curbing, had some barrels out of position so I couldn't go as narrow as I would've liked) and he insisted on coming back. I could've braked, but I thought I also had a right to my side of the track so I kept my line and he ended up hitting my front left, spinning himself and giving me a 3 second penalty

Literally the same thing happened to me yesterday. Like exactly the same thing. I wonder why am I penalized for that? What does the game want me to do in this situation? Hit the brakes and lose all momentum because of some idiot? I didn't hit him, he actually hit me and spun out. And it's futile to ask what would happen in real life because this simply would not happen in real life.

Back