Nessie Hill: probably the best track I've ever generated

• Thread starter shirakawaa
  • 41 comments

shirakawaa

Premium

GTP_shirakawaa
I think this probably is the best track I've ever generated with the Course Maker:

qxVkB.png

It's a fairly realistic hill climb track, not too long and not too windy. Due to the layout shape, large portions of the track are often visible.
Around 300 hp is probably the best power level to enjoy it. It's made of just two sections.

Here's a video, courtesy of daan:

[youtubehd]WEqupXOJgFY[/youtubehd]

And here are some bad photos I took several weeks ago:

HPvbz.jpg

BEeEP.jpg

vQtCo.jpg

GsNcN.jpg

The name Nessie Hill comes from the first variation of this track which has a layout shape reminescent of the silhouette of Nessie in Trial Mountain. However it's got a completely different character (smooth, quick and wide). I'll share it soon.

Last edited:
Ohhh...do like. Would love to grab from you SHIRAKAWA. If you can Friend me for a few hours so I can grab it that would be fab fella.

Added a few [bad] images to the opening post, accepted some friend request for the track and also created a temporary (will close in a 1-1.5 hours) online room for those who want to drive it:

1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4255 - 8047

The online room is still open for those who want to drive it there. It won't be for much more, though:

1472 - 6118 - 3701 - 4255 - 8047

I found out that using cars with a 600PP rating and racing hard tires is quite mentally tiring after about a dozen laps!
The first section although it doesn't look very fast is quite tricky with a racing line that is not always obvious.

Last edited:
Nice circuit. I like the flowing corners (well that depends on how you use car control) and the last corner on to the start/finish straight more than often catches me out :lol:

A keeper for me.

^ added

By the way, is anybody able to make a video of a clean lap replay in "bumper" or cockpit view? I'd really like to share one.

Thinking about it and seeing the photos I made, you're probably right.
I didn't want to make it too narrow in order to promote proper racing.
The track width has been set to -2, by the way.

I've complied to the last three requests.
By the way, again, is anybody able to post on Youtube a video of a clean lap on this circuit with a car that is not excessively fast?

Back