never gonna play gt5 again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Odlost-soul
  • 59 comments
  • 5,673 views
You got a death wish or something? Why in the hell are you working on a LIVE breaker panel? Serves you right if you fry your ps3, tv, computer, basically everything in your house/apartment because you are messing with a LIVE breaker panel while components are plugged in and TURNED ON. Ever seen what an arc flash can do to someone? Google some images then you'll understand. Sheesh

I guess you've never done electrical work.
The only time you need to shut the power off to the panel is if
you're working with the feed.
All my equipment is plugged into a Panamax M5100-PM.
And I was putting the panel cover back on when it unplugged the breaker.
 
stormbringer
tis a good idea to get a UPS

Or just a save function for endurance races.

Who has time to sit around and drive an A-Spec endurance race for 24 continuous hours? Certainly no one with a job or a wife/husband/significant other or kids.

I guess I had time for something like that 20 years ago.
 
I guess you've never done electrical work.
The only time you need to shut the power off to the panel is if
you're working with the feed.
All my equipment is plugged into a Panamax M5100-PM.
And I was putting the panel cover back on when it unplugged the breaker.

Live as in switched on breakers to the circuits, not the feed, obviously. You have a loose fitting breaker that the cover can unplug it that easily?

And you guessed wrong. I frequently have to work with 220V and 480V where I work, besides all the 110. Electrical service is NEVER to be taken lightly, even if it is "only" 110V. And you should always kill the main prior to swapping out breakers. An accident like yours with the cover knocking the breaker loose is a rather rare thing, so it's understandable that you didn't have the power cut to the whole panel. Still, safety first right? Out of curiosity, why were you working on the breaker panel?
 
Or just a save function for endurance races.

Who has time to sit around and drive an A-Spec endurance race for 24 continuous hours? Certainly no one with a job or a wife/husband/significant other or kids.

I guess I had time for something like that 20 years ago.
It took me a week to do it. Usually an hour at a time.Finished the last 3 in one sitting.
 
Or just a save function for endurance races.

Who has time to sit around and drive an A-Spec endurance race for 24 continuous hours? Certainly no one with a job or a wife/husband/significant other or kids.

I guess I had time for something like that 20 years ago.

I have time to do it and I go to school, have a job, and a significant other.
 
Live as in switched on breakers to the circuits, not the feed, obviously. You have a loose fitting breaker that the cover can unplug it that easily?

And you guessed wrong. I frequently have to work with 220V and 480V where I work, besides all the 110. Electrical service is NEVER to be taken lightly, even if it is "only" 110V. And you should always kill the main prior to swapping out breakers. An accident like yours with the cover knocking the breaker loose is a rather rare thing, so it's understandable that you didn't have the power cut to the whole panel. Still, safety first right? Out of curiosity, why were you working on the breaker panel?
Wow, none of the electricians around here or that I've worked with must know what they are doing.
I've been doing construction/home theater/cable/satellite work/wiring for over
30 years. Only time I've ever shut power off to the panel was when doing a job like I just finished today, relocating the breaker box, or pulling new lines.
And to answer your question, I'm rewiring the building, and replaced the old screw in fuse box.
 
You won't have a significant other for long of you routinely plop down in front of the PS3 for 24 hours at a time. Just saying. :)
 
I'm sorry, but OP saying you're "NEVER going to play GT5 again" because your fuse did to what it was supposed to do (protect your entire house hold electrical system from a major meltdown) and blew? Mate seriously **** happens.
Don't have a cry over something that's not the fault of the game. More so it's probably someone in your own house did, like plug in 1 to many electricals. Maybe you were playing threw an electrical storm?
Point being, relax. It's not the end of the world.
 
I'm guessing he is pissed because GT5 won't let you save at any point in a race.
This is the reason I have not done either the 9 hour or either 24 hour A-Specs.
If I was playing for 22 hours and something like this happened, I would be livid too that the game hadn't let me save my progress.
There is no reasonable excuse for this game to not have an auto-save feature every X number of laps in the enduro series.
I can't not think of any other game where you can lose up to 23 hours of progress because there was no option to save at any point.
 
Probably titled it that to get this thread some attention.
 
From the title, it sounds as if you've made up your mind. See ya!

But the truth is, you won't walk away from the game.
 
Same stuff happened to me, power went out in the building. Pissed but really, for once, it's not PD's fault...well if i could have saved the game it would have been less painful..
 
Im afraid my PS3 will get ylod so I don't do these 9 hour plus events.That would be a whole day gone too and even though my ps3 is near the window and vertical,the weather in Singapore is horribly hot so Im not risking doing those races.
 
Longest time my PS was running was a week, with approximately 4-5 hours rest in between.
I know I'm playing with the devil, but no risk, no fun :) What helps me is I occassionally un-dust it sometimes. Still has a healthy sound, by the way. From what people say about the 40GB fat lady, she already should have been gone...
 
Could you please send me your cars? i mena if you really gonna play GT5... it wont harm :D (joke) .... C´mon guy try again and don't let you down for that situation... life continues... races too :)
 
Just calm down guys, I was pretty tired when i wrote this thread on my cellphone (less than 2 hours of sleep), I was just so frustrated that we were so close to finish and then lost it all in a split second.

It was not a fault in the game nor the ps3, but some kind of overload of the electrical net. Actually I just wanted to share my frustration of not being able to save, and wanted to see if others had experiences like that.

So in a week or two I'll proberly be looking back to the game again to finish it.

Or just a save function for endurance races.

Who has time to sit around and drive an A-Spec endurance race for 24 continuous hours? Certainly no one with a job or a wife/husband/significant other or kids.

I guess I had time for something like that 20 years ago.

Just for the record, I have á fulltime job, I'm engaged (will be married this summer) have a house and 3 kids (10 years, 6 years and 9 months)

And I have like 1% of my sparetime where I myself can decide what to do, ha ha, And this year it was a race, lol.

Never the less my soon to be wife were sorry for me, and she promised to be my b-spec driver for the next try at the 24 hrs le mans.

She also grinded a couple of hours for me to get to lvl 35 a-spec, so we could run the 24 race that weekend.

Man I love that girl.
 
Just calm down guys, I was pretty tired when i wrote this thread on my cellphone (less than 2 hours of sleep), I was just so frustrated that we were so close to finish and then lost it all in a split second.

You are just like the person that sends an irate email, while drunk, and then complains that the recipients shouldn't be upset. If you didn't mean to say it, THEN DON'T SAY IT! Just complain to your roommate, girlfriend, or mommy. You are allowed to have thoughts that aren't shared with everyone on the planet. We are not your problem. We just responded to your statement. Blame yourself, and move on. Enough said. Good luck, with your future racing.
 
Some people here are so arrogant,elitist and intolerant it amazes me.To my eyes they're even worse than this title controversy itself.So someone made a questionable title?Big deal.Zzz.
 
Longest time my PS was running was a week, with approximately 4-5 hours rest in between.
I know I'm playing with the devil, but no risk, no fun :) What helps me is I occassionally un-dust it sometimes. Still has a healthy sound, by the way. From what people say about the 40GB fat lady, she already should have been gone...

Mine did go :(
 
Buy an inexpensive UPS for your entertainment system. Allows me to ride out brief power interruptions.
 
Or you could buy a back up generator
 
Back