Never had to grind A-Spec...

  • Thread starter Thread starter volkov93
  • 40 comments
  • 4,020 views

volkov93

(Banned)
Messages
12
Messages
volkov93
Hello, i've just signed up to these forums (which I have been putting off for quite some time now) to point out something to the users. I'm not sure if this has been said before but I do check the forums regularly. I've been following and reading posts about having to grind on GT5 for a while now, so I thought I would have my input. I am level 35 A-Spec and I have never had to grind any A-Spec events, and i've done them in order. I occasionally play online and I get very little experience because I often race with 3 or 4 friends. The way that I see how the leveling system works on GT5, is Polyphony wanted people to Gold every single event available to them at their current level (This includes special events, licenses and A-Spec races). I completed every single Special Event with gold until I think I was level 23 or so until I started my A-Spec events. I haven't repeated any races at all. So basically what my question is...

Do you think Polyphony expected everybody to get gold (even with the completely ridiculous X2010 challenge), and this is what the level system is based around?
 
No. I really would be surprised if PD put any forethought into the XP system, I do not think they realised what they done until people (rather than testers) played the game.

There are several threads that have gone into this in detail especially the XP sticky but there are others. Before the seasonal events you could reach ASpec level 28 without grinding, now you can get to level 35, and in time maybe level 40. Bspec is much, much worse.
 
Basically, that's about it... You need to gold everything to prevent the grind...

People complain because there are events they don't want to do, or don't want to stick at long enough to gold. Personally, it's a fair bit less arduous than in GT4, where you had to finish all the races and licenses to open the next set of races. You get to do the ones you like as often as you like and ignore those you don't like.

And then complain about the lack of events because you don't actually have to run all of them...

Still doesn't excuse the ridiculous amount of XP needed to hit Level 40...
 
I was at exactly the same level as you indeed after golding everything A-Spec including the 4 season events up to now. But then you are 35 and 40 is still a long haul, even worse its a VERY long haul.

B-Spec is even more terrible indeed :(
 
So basically the Seasonal Events were meant to fix the exp system? I know from reading the XP guide and being the current level I am, I will have to start grinding soon. B-Spec is a big grind, I know that for a fact. Where's the B-Spec Seasonals?
 
hey to add on to this i am level 28 A-Spec and i am now having to grind them out, i do not care though cause i have all the time i need to do it
 
The leveling system does not work for the people who want instant gratification.
 
The leveling system does not work for the people who want instant gratification.

The leveling system also doesn't work for lots of people who've played a previous GT game.
It's pointless. The license tests were better for unlocking stuff.
 
The leveling system also doesn't work for lots of people who've played a previous GT game.
It's pointless. The license tests were better for unlocking stuff.

Seconded that.
 
I think thye have done it to give the game "longevity" you won't complete GT5 in a hurry unless you sit and grind and grind, by gaining little xp from races it would take years to hit 40 so this way there is always something to aim at, but then again players will grind just to complete it, instead of reaching 40 by simply playing the game (online or off) and having years of gaming before it is complete. The X2010 Challenge is total trash and should not have been included imo. GT5 becomes like playing "Topgun" with that challenge ,total nonsense.
 
I think thye have done it to give the game "longevity" you won't complete GT5 in a hurry unless you sit and grind and grind, by gaining little xp from races it would take years to hit 40 so this way there is always something to aim at, but then again players will grind just to complete it, instead of reaching 40 by simply playing the game (online or off) and having years of gaming before it is complete. The X2010 Challenge is total trash and should not have been included imo. GT5 becomes like playing "Topgun" with that challenge ,total nonsense.

If they did it to do that, then they did it in the worst way possible. A level system that requires this much grinding is plain horrible. I never had to do this much grinding EVEN IN MMOs when I played them.
The X2010 Challenge rockets you from Level 30 to 34 if you gold all of em. It helps destroy some of the grind.

Adding a badly designed level system to increase longevity instead of putting a lot of content in the game to begin with = probably one of the worst decisions they could have done.
 
I agree, I've just done the AMG Events and that has practically took me from level 32 to 33. Definately do the special events though, does save on grinding, I personally, have no interest in driving a Samba bus lol! :P
 
B spec you have to do races over again to level up! No thought went in to it. Simples! 6years of no thought by looks of it! Or however long it was since GT4. I forget, I've got dimensia now you see!
 
There are over 1,000 cars and people complain they have to do a race more than once?

There are no words....
 
People just complain, that's all there is to say. It's like everyone is 5 years old. WAAAAHHH!!! This isn't right, that isn't right!! This small insignificant detail is one millimeter off!!

People! Its f-ing Gran Turismo! STFU and go play forza. then you'll see a truly crap racing game.
 
It was a very long wait for this game to be released. So I think it's only good that you cannot complete it in 2 weeks. Then there would be tons of complains about how stupid it is to first wait many years and then it is all over so soon. I have played it since the release almost every day. I am now at 31 (A) and 34 (B). Game progress is at 96% and Trophys at 66%. Total distance driven is about round the world, 41 500 km. Am I bored?, hell no. Although I have cleared all the races except 5 endurances (A) and 2 endos (B) I still have a huge way to go before reaching level 40 in both categories. I haven't yet golded all the licenses and special events, especially Vettel Challenge. Monza was great fun and I got the pronze easily but I could not beat the times required for pronze at Suzuka and the Ring after 1 hour of trying. So I decided that Bob will have to grind couple of days (grinding tsukuba 9 hrs atm) so I can have that X2010 at level 35 and then I am gonna practice those tracks for so long that I can clear that challenge. GT offers something for everyone. If you don't have the patience for grinding, you don't have to. You can collect cars, hunt for trophys, challenge your friends online, improve your driving skills, make your own tracks etc, etc. The list is endless. GT5 is not just a game, it's more like a hobby or for some GT-freaks, a way of life. I hope PD will launch new updates regularly and those Seasonal events, which are very refreshing although a bit too easy for my taste. Have fun with this game, I know I will. And sorry for my english. We don't speak english where I come from.
 
Last edited:
Everyone grinds. Based on your experience, you are still grinding. Unless you get into each event and gold first time through, you grind, grind for gold, how many times have you done an event until you get that gold? While you are doing this you are getting xp and cr. Everyone grinds for a different reason. Me, when I get a silver in an event I move on, I don't grind fornthe golds but I do grind to earn just enough xp to open up the next events. So in closing, everyone grinds, just for different reasons.
 
So basically the Seasonal Events were meant to fix the exp system? I know from reading the XP guide and being the current level I am, I will have to start grinding soon. B-Spec is a big grind, I know that for a fact. Where's the B-Spec Seasonals?

Your assuming that the seasonal events weren't planned all along. They left the space on the menu screen for something didn't they?

It could be that they didn't "fix" the exp system. The system was planned all along knowing that the seasonal events would be coming along.

I'm at level 32 a-spec 33 b-spec and dont consider myself having had to "grind" anything yet. There are some races I have done more than once but that was for fun not as a "grind"

And there are still things I havent done. I havent touched the Rally for example and only have 1 bronze in the X2010 challenge.
 
I guess when some people hit level 40 a-spec the game will then be worthless.
Be prepared for the shock of your lives.
 
What makes a lot of sense is that the points needed for the next level usually doesn't end in a zero. So you might need 20,392 points for a level. NO races give out weird numbers, they always end with at least a zero if I remember right.
 
When you grind, it's because you want unlock stuff, it's an arcade mentality basicly. People don't have patience to ride the different cars in the game, which would steadly increase xp over some time, thus the huge amount of cars in the game.

Many games today are finished in a matter of hours, which is boring imo., here you have system that (maybe!?) force people to drive the huge amount of cars and then, like I previously, would steadly gain xp. I guess driving a lot of cars is boring to some people!?!? Well Gran Turismo has always been about cars and the XP is a throw in bonus, of some sort, that gives you a trophy in the end. Big Bow Wow!

I'm level 28 in A-spec and haven't done any grinding, I haven't either golded all of the special events or licences, I've just driven a bunch of different cars for the thrill of it.

How many of the other driving games out there, do you get to drive this many cars as there are in Gran Turismo? I can't recall a single game that even comes close this amount.

Have people who grind, taken the time to drive half of their cars that's pilling up in their garage? Driven them more than once?
Sounds more like some NFS attitude that's been transfered to a game, which isn't meant to be finished in matter of hours or days.
 
There are over 1,000 cars and people complain they have to do a race more than once?

There are no words....

Fair enough if I'm driving them, but watching some dick in a car crashing it in to a wall aint my cup of tea!
 
but watching some dick in a car crashing it in to a wall aint my cup of tea!

I guess it's the easiest way out, blaming Bob, for not being able to do the job properly yourself :sly:
 
I guess it's the easiest way out, blaming Bob, for not being able to do the job properly yourself :sly:

How is it my fault if Bob wants to brake at the most absurd time ever in a corner and then smash the accelerator on, and keep it on even though Stevie Wonder could see that he's understeerig straight in to the wall?

B spec is a pile of ****, and the XP is a joke! Repeating races just to level up. Dont mind repeating races if I get to chuck different cars about the track, but watching that rubbish is beyond a joke.
 
B-Spec is pure garbage, not enjoyable beyond a couple races, imo. So the easiest way for them not to piss us off is to not DO them. Then they are not a factor, the seasonal events give enough money and xp to keep everything going. I have lost patience with GT5 and only have 1 or 2 day 6 hour stints a week now, so completing it is of no importance, but still love buying and restoring cars to like new. Give it a try, and I think you'll find I'm right.👍
 
How is it my fault if Bob wants to brake at the most absurd time ever in a corner and then smash the accelerator on, and keep it on even though Stevie Wonder could see that he's understeerig straight in to the wall?B spec is a pile of ****

I guess it depends on which level you're at, with Bob.... As a rookie driver, yes Bob has his moments of madness, it's a part of his learning curve. He gets better over time, which in my opinion, adds to the fun and excitement of watching him getting better and better.
Would be kind of boring if you started with a Bob that would smash through the ranks and never made any errors. Would you want a Bob that just won from day 1, being the perfect driver? If so, I understand your frustations.... But I guess the game, tries, to emulate some sort of real life learning curve from a drivers perspective. It takes time to get better and develop skills. Since this is a computer game, they have resolved to make our Bob, silly and capable of making stupid mistakes..... But again, he gets better over time, which is the purpose of the game.


and the XP is a joke! Repeating races just to level up. Dont mind repeating races if I get to chuck different cars about the track, but watching that rubbish is beyond a joke.

Repeating just to level up? You just described the most boring mentality towards this game..... I hope you at some point comes to see the slightly more fun part of having a skillfull Bob, fighting for his 1st place and decide to ignore the fact, that it doesn't have be about leveling up all the time.
Take your time! If you have it, that is.....
 
There is also a gap under Special Events. Wonder what that could be for? 💡
 
I wouldn't have to grind all the time if I hadn't spent litrally millions on cars I don't need to complete the game. But my thirst for buying cars and modding every part continues.:grumpy:
 
If getting gold is required to avoid the grind (as someone else point out getting gold is in itself serious grinding) then this is the first GT that forces you to get gold.
Now that you are level 35 I bet you are running out of events, right? Even seasonal events doesn't make much of a dent in the amount of experience needed to level up after 35.
Now I have no problem with Gt5 level up and open new events yet what did I get for reaching level 29? level 31? 34? What is the purpose of having levels where I get nothing?
 
There is also a gap under Special Events. Wonder what that could be for? 💡

There are gaps like that throughout the menu display :p -> of phototravel there's a gap like the one you mentioned, <- of A-spec events there's also a gap.
 
Back