Never had to grind A-Spec...

  • Thread starter Thread starter volkov93
  • 40 comments
  • 4,020 views
If getting gold is required to avoid the grind (as someone else point out getting gold is in itself serious grinding) then this is the first GT that forces you to get gold.
Now that you are level 35 I bet you are running out of events, right? Even seasonal events doesn't make much of a dent in the amount of experience needed to level up after 35.
Now I have no problem with Gt5 level up and open new events yet what did I get for reaching level 29? level 31? 34? What is the purpose of having levels where I get nothing?

Exactly. I'd love GT3 with GT5's features such as physics, graphics and weather/damage.
 
There should be no need to grind to get to lvl 30 but after that is when the grind begins.

The enduro races are a grind, I don't care that its only a single race. The XP required to go from lvl 35 to 40 is a lot. The XP required to get from 35 to 36 is about the same amount that is required to get from 0 to lvl 30.

I would rather they either let you save during an enduro race, say at pit stops or put in higher level 2-4 hr races. I would rather do 6 races that take 4 hrs each then 1 race that takes 24hrs. Same time investment but I don't have to tie up my PS3 and have to pause the game and hope nothing happens. Plus during the time I am doing a 24hr race I can't play online or do anything else for like a week unless I can commit a huge amount of time per day to do the race.
 
If you want to level up you just try to ace everything in the right order. You need to progress through the events. Anyone who thinks they are going to go up by doing the same events over and over has a LONG way to go. The only "grinding" that should be going on is when you want to earn cash to do up vehicles that you don't need but want along the way.
I played A spec in the manner they intended until I unlocked the endurance events. Then I see that the polyphony cup is still the best money maker even though its only "expert" so I stopped bothering to progress. Now I could make the money to buy the cars I wanted by "grinding" Polyphony.
My desire for cash is greater now ( rebuilds, panel work) and I understand more money can be earned with less effort through B spec so now I am slowly working through in the hopes of eventually unlocking races that can earn some serious doe.

The point? Not to reach level 40 but to achieve a level whereby I can enter races that can feed enough money to race my favourite cars online.

Then? Start living the dream! Start spending vast amounts of time tuning your cars to perfection to eventually have the most competitive versions of your favourite cars for all Hp brackets!
 
I've sort of set myself that same goal. I know I'm not going to have enough play time to hit Level 40 without sacrificing everything else I'm doing in life (day job, two writing gigs, test-drives, wife and kid...), so my only aim is to hit Level 24-25 and finish all the in-game events. Afterwards... online.
 
I've sort of set myself that same goal. I know I'm not going to have enough play time to hit Level 40 without sacrificing everything else I'm doing in life (day job, two writing gigs, test-drives, wife and kid...), so my only aim is to hit Level 24-25 and finish all the in-game events. Afterwards... online.
Similar here. currently grinding Bspec as I do not race myself, but no way am I doing that in Aspec. I cannot see myself wanting or having the time to do any of the endurance events more than once, it will be a case of doing them as they open up by XP earned elsewhere.
 
I think enduro races should give enough xp to reach next event without grinding. I did Le Mans 24h once, and i'm not even at lv37. Now i'd like to race Nurburgring 24h, but i should return to Le Mans 4 or 5 times ??! This is just stupid. I can undestand that reaching lv40 takes a long time, after all we've waited a long time and i don't care if it takes months to get there ; but Nurb 24h should be accessible at lv37.
 
I perfectly agree with the OP. I'm currently level 33 and will probably hit 35 by the end I gold the Sebastien Vettel Special (currently bronze, gold, bronze).

I never had to grind, nor am I going to. Even if I stay at level 35, so what?!

I golded all A-Spec and seasonal events and only one endurance so far. I have most of the cars I want and I can't give them enough attention. I have plenty of money, no problem whatsoever. Even if I can't get a car I want, I will get it in a few weeks or next month. What's the hurry?! Anyway, I don't even have time enough to enough my favourite cars I possess now.

I would very much prefer to race online and try some great cars than redoing the same races, but I am not at all bothered from that. Level 40 instead of 35 does not make me more or less of a driver nor does it provide some kind of immediate catarsis upon arriving there.

Just play the game the way you want. Try the other aspects of the gameplay (rally, specials, etc.) and don't bother too much for this levelling stuff. Let it come alongside your enjoyment from the game, instead of being your goal.

P.S. For me, the longer endurances are an overkill. I simply don't have the time.
 
@ chaosdd
I would say most of us will do the exact same thing , give up on opening up the last event and say screw leveling up. Yet this is just proves the leveling system was poorly designed, (almost) everyone will lose interest to even care to unlock the last event.
 
When you grind, it's because you want unlock stuff, it's an arcade mentality basicly.

That's about the strength of it.

I get the feeling that PD set the bar so high for XP required to unlock each successive level, because they wanted the levelling system to reflect players' play time - and to a lesser extent skill. Perhaps more specifically, it was intended to reflect the amount of time spent racing online.

However, because they put an unlock at level 40 (purchasing an X2010), people are grinding through the levelling process so that they can fully liberate all the features of the game.

That level 24 is the highest level required to purchase all other cars and to race all non-endurance races is also an indicator of this. As is the fact that with the Seasonal Events, it's pretty easy to jump to level 24 more or less immediately now.

I don't know if anyone has levelled to 41 on A-Spec yet, or even if it is possible, but perhaps being level 41+ will be more how PD intended the levelling system to work. I.e. it is just intended to reflect how frequently/intensely people are racing.

PD's mistake was to think that if they put an "Ultimate Unlock" prize at a given level, players wouldn't race hell for leather to reach it.
 
Im only interest in cars, so i already get 26 lvl, now im just buying cars and drive them in all circuits
 
PD's mistake was to think that if they put an "Ultimate Unlock" prize at a given level, players wouldn't race hell for leather to reach it.

I only wish that was the only mistake PD made with this game.
At this point, the universal dissatisfaction with PD's "level up" system is a foregone conclusion.

The X-2010 is pure fantasy, so I don't see how something that frivolous could have been considered an "Ultimate Unlock" at least with adult brain cells.
Thats something you might expect in "Sonic the Hedgehog", but GT5?
Many other aspects of this game beg similar questions.

I'd much rather race with exsisting cars in A-spec races(that don't exsist in GT5).
BTW the least they could have done was cover the level up points with A-spec races.

Already talk of no real incentive to finish the game is a vote of confidence toward most GT5 players opinion on this poorly devised scheme.
 
Back