NeverGiveUp Garage: 530pp Seasonal - Ferrari GTO '84

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Lionheart2113, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

@RMan72
    Nice time in the new seasonal with Doc's car!:eek: Did you change anything from the last one?
    I'm still thinking about which car, I tried the Infiniti, what an animal!
    Since the ringers have established themselves...

IMG_5771.JPG

You want to pick one?:lol: Bringing it up to 530pp of course.:tup:

2. RMan72

RMan72

Glutton for punishment :banghead:
    Just added power parts to bring it up to the required PP.
    Nice selection of cars, I was thinking of the BMW M3 CSL, although Magnum PI called earlier and was wondering if I'd like to take the Ferrari for a spin (288 GTO I know it's not the 308 GTB but it's what we've got).

What you think?

3. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

I've never tuned an M3 CSL, and I'm not in any hurry to... so putting that back in the shed is ok with me. You must be a glutton for punishment with favoring the Ferrari. I think I saw the Lambo in the top 500, but yeah, I'll talk to Tom and get the keys!:tup:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    RMan72 likes this.
  4. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

IMG_5774.JPG

Stage 1
    Best Lap Time - 2:12.685
    Too squirrely to get a good feel for the car.:crazy:

Stage 2
    Best Lap Time - 2:11.116
    More confidence in the rear grip, but still needs help with weight movement on acceleration. 2:10's are possible, I'm just anxious to move on to the dampers and ARBs.:dopey:

Stage 3
    Best Lap Time - 2.10.843
    A few more minor tweaks to try, as I've already had to restore body rigidity... and I'd call this one done. Even this far into tuning, throttle control and a smooth steering input is needed for quicker times; more than I can accomplish. I have another transmission that can give more consistent lap times around 2:11.2xx's.

IMG_5776.JPG

Update:
    Made some changes to get more rear grip and confidence, unfortunately it cost me front grip on corner exit. A few more adjustments on the front to help with that and done!
    Best Lap Time - 2:10.590
    I will post changes after the event has ended. :mischievous:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
    Pete05, Thorin Cain and RMan72 like this.
  5. RMan72

RMan72

Nice time :tup:,
    Bought a copy of GT5 so have been working my way through that for the last couple of days.

I'll have to jump back in the GTO to see if i can beat you this month.

Lionheart2113, Thorin Cain and Pete05 like this.
  6. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

You are currently beating me by over .1xx. I don't know how tuned your car is, but if you are still driving stock, I won't stand a chance.
    :bowdown:

7. Lionheart2113

Lionheart2113

@RMan72 you've got the best Lap award on this seasonal.:bowdown: I won't have the time to get back to the track before the deadline.:ouch: Not sure if I could have caught you though. I only made up time on you in the last sector and there is only so much to gain there. Care to share the tune used? The transmission looked strong!:tup: