NeverGiveUp Garage: 530pp Seasonal - Ferrari GTO '84

I saw you jump right behind me on the leaderboard.:nervous: I didn't think that kind of lap time was possible in an R8 by us button smashers!:lol: Very nicely done.:bowdown:

I'll be posting a new tune for the ZZII later this weekend, care to share your R8 tune?

I'll post 3PO's tune here tomorrow, it works for me hopefully you'll find it useful.

Currently the 3rd R8 and non ZZII or 2020 car in the top 250. I was 2nd but @gkgamer has pipped me this morning :confused:

I'll post 3PO's tune here tomorrow, it works for me hopefully you'll find it useful.

Currently the 3rd R8 and non ZZII or 2020 car in the top 250. I was 2nd but @gkgamer has pipped me this morning :confused:
You know I'd give it a go, just to see if I can keep up with your ghost.:dopey: Next set of trials we'll have to pick an underdog and see what we can do. Gotta find new ways to keep GT6 fun until GTS.👍

You know I'd give it a go, just to see if I can keep up with your ghost.:dopey: Next set of trials we'll have to pick an underdog and see what we can do. Gotta find new ways to keep GT6 fun until GTS.👍
Here's the tune, it's labelled as an @Ed_Night tune but I'm not sure which seasonal it's from

Suspension
140 108
7.35 8.40
1 1
2 2
7 7
0.0 0.0
0.0 -0.15

Brake:
6 / 3 (Racing)

LSD:
Front: 5 / 10 / 5
Rear: 5 / 20 / 5

Torque Split: 22:78

Power:
All parts except Turbo, oil change required
Power limiter: 97.5 should have 635bhp

Weight: 1,248kg

Gearbox:
reset to default
topspeed: 124mph
Gears:
1st: 4.525
2nd: 3.575
3rd: 2.895
4th: 2.365
5th: 1.945
6th: 1,600
Final gear to 2.100

Tried to improve my time this morning but I just couldn't find anytime :banghead:

Give it a go and see how you get on.

Looking forward to the underdog challenge next seasonal

Edit:
Added power limiter setting and oil change required

Last edited:
Here's the tune, it's labelled as an @Ed_Night tune but I'm not sure which seasonal it's from

Suspension
140 108
7.35 8.40
1 1
2 2
7 7
0.0 0.0
0.0 -0.15

Brake:
6 / 3 (Racing)

LSD:

Power:
All parts except Turbo
Not sure what power limiter is set at but you should have 635bhp

Gearbox:
reset to default
Gears:
Final gear to 2.100

Tried to improve my time this morning but I just couldn't find anytime :banghead:

A tune by @Ed_Night promises to be fast and stable. I can't wait to try it. I was able to add a couple of tenths to the gap this morning.:sly: There are still 2 tenths left out there, but even finding them, I would have difficulty breaking into the 1:13 club.:indiff:

600pp Tommykaira ZZII '00
Deep Forest Seasonal
"Dark Side" Tune

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5709.PNG

Have fun and enjoy!:mischievous:
:cheers:

Suspension
140 108
7.35 8.40
1 1
2 2
7 7
0.0 0.0
0.0 -0.15

Brake:
6 / 3 (Racing)

LSD:

Power:
All parts except Turbo, oil change required
Power limiter: 97.5 should have 635bhp

Gearbox:
reset to default
Gears:
Final gear to 2.100

Edit:
Added power limiter setting and oil change required
🤬
Nice time with this tune. You definitely need to get a rythym, and when you do, the tenths just fall off.
Just a quick :confused:... In order to hit all of those gears at 124mph, my Initial Final had to be 3.655, is that right?
IMG_5712.JPG

Addition:
After putting on a new transmission and altering the torque distribution a little....
IMG_5713.JPG
Sorry about all of the smoke, that would be from my celebratory reverse burnout!;)

Last edited:
Transmission:
Intital Final = 3.200
Max Speed = 124mph (highest RPM Range possible for this gear spread)
1st: 5.165
2nd: 3.788
3rd: 3.140
4th: 2.637
5th: 2.251
6th: 1.922
End Final = 2.000

Torque Distribution = 28 : 72 (to help with the tail happiness!):dopey:

I only made these changes because I wanted more control over the slides and rear on exit. I would be surprised if you found these new settings to your liking. With you using DS3 sticks, you have far more finesse with the steering input than I do with the Dpads.:crazy: And that is greatly needed to control the sliding in this heavy guy. I made both changes at the same time, so in fairness I couldn't tell you if it was one, the other, or both that helped.
To be honest, I chased your ghost by a couple of lengths throughout most of the lap, I only started making up time at the bottom of the hill and the rest of the time "banzai-ing" through section 3.👍

Transmission:
Intital Final = 3.200
Max Speed = 124mph (highest RPM Range possible for this gear spread)
1st: 5.165
2nd: 3.788
3rd: 3.140
4th: 2.637
5th: 2.251
6th: 1.922
End Final = 2.000

Torque Distribution = 28 : 72 (to help with the tail happiness!):dopey:

I only made these changes because I wanted more control over the slides and rear on exit. I would be surprised if you found these new settings to your liking. With you using DS3 sticks, you have far more finesse with the steering input than I do with the Dpads.:crazy: And that is greatly needed to control the sliding in this heavy guy. I made both changes at the same time, so in fairness I couldn't tell you if it was one, the other, or both that helped.
To be honest, I chased your ghost by a couple of lengths throughout most of the lap, I only started making up time at the bottom of the hill and the rest of the time "banzai-ing" through section 3.👍

Thank you for the gearbox 👍:bowdown:, after a few laps finding my rhythm and one red 1:14.7xx lap I pulled out a 1:14.640 to close to within 0.394 of you.

Still haven't cracked the last two turns but I'm happy with my time for now

Thank you for the gearbox 👍:bowdown:, after a few laps finding my rhythm and one red 1:14.7xx lap I pulled out a 1:14.640 to close to within 0.394 of you.

Still haven't cracked the last two turns but I'm happy with my time for now
That is awesome!👍 Couple of more tips for you to try...
A little bit of positive front TOE, .04 increments.
A little more negative rear TOE, .02 increments.
Run a 10 lap-ish set, restart, run about 4-5 laps then restart again. Keep running 5 lap sets from there. I have no "official" data to back up this claim, but it feels to me that grip levels change without any hint as to why. Usually it's temperature, time of day, or sky conditions that cause this, but there have been times were the car seems better and it sures the 🤬 ain't me!

@RMan72 and anyone else who wants to join in
The new seasonal is here... Mount Panorama:crazy:
How should we choose underdogs? I was thinking about going to car search between 420-500pp and choosing 2 of each drivetrain to start out with.:confused:
Adding parts and extras (clutch / driveshaft) to bring up to spec, zero-ing Camber and TOE, but leaving everything else stock.

It is so touchy with the stock brakes. I had a lap where I was crushing our times by almost a second, but then the last 2 braking zones saw me sliding the front.:banghead:
Have you made any adjustments yet?
I've only played with ballast and power.
You are so fast down the first straight, you walk away from me everytime :bowdown:

I've only played with ballast and power.
You are so fast down the first straight, you walk away from me everytime :bowdown:
All in the first turn:mischievous: if I don't get through there quick enough, I know I'm spending the next 2 mins looking at your name just in front of my bumper.
Have you found anything with ballast?
LSD and transmission this weekend?

All in the first turn:mischievous: if I don't get through there quick enough, I know I'm spending the next 2 mins looking at your name just in front of my bumper.
Have you found anything with ballast?
LSD and transmission this weekend?
I've only used a small amount but it seems to help stabilise the car at the top of the hill.

I'll see what I can do with LSD and gearbox. I'll probably just make it worse.

Have you noticed a difference if the sun is out? I found it alot more slippery when it was cloudy.

I've only used a small amount but it seems to help stabilise the car at the top of the hill.

I'll see what I can do with LSD and gearbox. I'll probably just make it worse.

Have you noticed a difference if the sun is out? I found it alot more slippery when it was cloudy.
Yes, there is yet another difference in grip levels pending cloudy/sunny. This one is more noticeable than the TT at Deep Forest.:crazy:
I have 2 versions going, spoiler and without. They are roughly the same in quickest lap, but the spoiler is more consistent over a run.
Can't wait to get to the transmission!:dopey:

@RMan72 looks like you got me in this Seasonal.:bowdown: I had a sub 2:18 lap last night, but was red flagged on the chicane.:banghead:
I won't be able to get online until this weekend, so I can post my tune then. I spent so much time on springs/ride height that I didn't even get to the TOE settings.
Maybe next time... :dopey:

@RMan72 looks like you got me in this Seasonal.:bowdown: I had a sub 2:18 lap last night, but was red flagged on the chicane.:banghead:
I won't be able to get online until this weekend, so I can post my tune then. I spent so much time on springs/ride height that I didn't even get to the TOE settings.
Maybe next time... :dopey:
I was half a second up on my next lap at the second checkpoint but tapped the wall at the chicane to, so it was red flagged. I kept going for a 2:17.8xx

I'll have another go on the weekend as well :banghead:

I was half a second up on my next lap at the second checkpoint but tapped the wall at the chicane to, so it was red flagged. I kept going for a 2:17.8xx

I'll have another go on the weekend as well :banghead:
I'm thinking 2:17.3's is within our reach with a no mistake lap. My new "fastest":mischievous: ghost was due to make a 2:17.5, but I lost my focus on the last turn. School boy error :ouch:
So if you can keep up with it until the last section... :eek:

Nice time @RMan72 , care to share your tune?:sly:
Even though there are tenths left scattered throughout the track, the meds have started to kick in, so I think it's time for me to take this car "Back to the... Barn":lol:

Stock = 2:19.553
Tuned = 2:17.495 2:17.066 (+ confidence in the brakes and grip) :dopey:

Thanks for the interesting choice on this seasonal.:bowdown:

Last edited:
Here is where I'm at so far...
View attachment 622178

Edit:
Changes made...

Rear Ride Height (-6)= 125
Initial Torque (+1)= 9
Accel Sensitivity (+1)= 11

Great tune, put this on my Delorean and ran a messy 2:17.437. Last 3 corners I lost 3/10ths to my old best lap. Car is a lot more stable than the muddled together tune I had. 👍

Nice time @RMan72 , care to share your tune?:sly:
Even though there are tenths left scattered throughout the track, the meds have started to kick in, so I think it's time for me to take this car "Back to the... Barn":lol:

Stock = 2:19.553
Tuned = 2:17.495 (+ confidence in the brakes and grip) :dopey:

Thanks for the interesting choice on this seasonal.:bowdown:

You can pick the next car time :nervous:

Great tune, put this on my Delorean and ran a messy 2:17.437. Last 3 corners I lost 3/10ths to my old best lap. Car is a lot more stable than the muddled together tune I had. 👍

You can pick the next car time :nervous:
Brilliant time:bowdown:, I was able to run 5 laps tonight, all under 2:18 except 1... I might get a chance tomorrow night. I think it could use more help on corner entry, you seem to get through the 90°'s better than I do.

Edit: I was able to run a few sets of laps. Should have been sub 2:17, but messed up the last set of turns... again :banghead:
2:17.066:P

Last edited:
Back