New BMW M6 - I wonder if...

  • Thread starter Thread starter BlazingDragon
  • 60 comments
  • 3,237 views
You really didn't have to post the specs, but nice of you to do that (they're a bit off though). Indeed, on paper they're great competition for eachother. The only problem is the CL is a luxury vehicle that weighs 2000+ kg. It has awesome power (the limited 738 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm is just, wow), but isn't a great handler.
The 6 series, especially the M6 is more sport-oriented. That's where the CLK comes in. It's a coupé, and a lot more nimble than the CL. The 65 version of it is still a bit left behind. Mercedes wants to make the CLK AMG versions not only powerful, but handle aswell. Improvements are being made as we speak. If PD is up to date on the latest specs, a 65 version would be overkill in that case, so the 55 is more appropriate.
 
Dev_Zero
You really didn't have to post the specs, but nice of you to do that (they're a bit off though). Indeed, on paper they're great competition for eachother. The only problem is the CL is a luxury vehicle that weighs 2000+ kg. It has awesome power (the limited 738 lb-ft @ 2000 rpm is just, wow), but isn't a great handler.
The 6 series, especially the M6 is more sport-oriented. That's where the CLK comes in. It's a coupé, and a lot more nimble than the CL.

Well, i got them off the main site. Not surprising if they'd exaggerate.. :dunce:

Ah, i see what you mean. Sorry, i'm a guy with a more raw-power state of mind. But yes, you're right.
 
I we were talking raw power and a 1/4th mile drag strip, the CL beast would eat any beemer you'd feed him ;).
 
Ubiquitous
To the guy who mentioned how long it takes to model cars... I do remember reading somewhere that they refined the process of modelling the cars and in GT4 it was taking around 50 man hours to do it.
I read in one of my MOTOR mags that it took a week to model cars in GT3, and a month to model cars in GT4. SOmething like that.
 
Dev_Zero
I we were talking raw power and a 1/4th mile drag strip, the CL beast would eat any beemer you'd feed him ;).

Speaking of which, it's about time they added the drag strip! A completely different tuning experience there. The CL will be my prized racer on the strip. :dopey:
 
Radicool02
I read in one of my MOTOR mags that it took a week to model cars in GT3, and a month to model cars in GT4. SOmething like that.

GT4 cars were said to take less time to create than GT3 cars due to improved methods & tools.
 
Uh, CLK65? Doesn't exist. The 6.0L TT V12 is only in the S, SL, and CL.
 
I'm still unsure about these lovely new BMW designs. This and the Z4 look pretty good but some others like the 5-Series seem just a tad like something that crawled out of a swamp.

Anyways, the BMW I'm really hoping for is the old 8-Series. Pretty good chance of it being in as it was in GT2, will be nice to have it in proper graphics!
 
SlipZtrEm
Uh, CLK65? Doesn't exist. The 6.0L TT V12 is only in the S, SL, and CL.
Want to bet? It isn't in production yet, but it does exist. I'm not the one you should be correcting about Mercedes, believe me.
 
the M6 has a 4.6 0-100 kmph time the M5 is 4.8 ,and the M6 is compared with the 55 amg version and not the 65 amg , there will be an M5 and M6 CSL , and rember that the M5 in proluge was the concept M5 and not the final version ,so the spec and setup of the car wasn't final . And on track BMWs would kick Mercs ass . Mercs are big heavy and only have stright line accelaration ,and just wait until the new M3 come in two years time which is V8 400+ BHP it will kick ass.
 
If I remember right, the M5 in Prologue only (:lol: ) had 493 HP, so that was definately NOT the final version 👍

About newer BMW's, i can't say I love them....they're OK.....the only ones which didn't get under my skin are the non-M 5 Series (E60) and the 7 Series (E65). Agree, the 70's to say 1998 BMWs look so much meaner, badder and sportier :D

Being a fan of BMW, i just can't understand why in the name of God did they have 4 or 6 BMW 1-series ??I think the difference between 318, 325 or 330 is much more worth experience that the difference between the different engines on the 1 Series, don't you think?
 
puricele7e
Being a fan of BMW, i just can't understand why in the name of God did they have 4 or 6 BMW 1-series ??I think the difference between 318, 325 or 330 is much more worth experience that the difference between the different engines on the 1 Series, don't you think?

I suppose its pressure from BMW thats led to PD including so many similar 1 series, can't say i'm a big fan of the 1 series so even including a single version would be 1 too many for me.
 
puricele7e
Being a fan of BMW, i just can't understand why in the name of God did they have 4 or 6 BMW 1-series ??I think the difference between 318, 325 or 330 is much more worth experience that the difference between the different engines on the 1 Series, don't you think?
I think BMW was just wanting to show the difference of fuel consumption between the gasoline and the diesel powered engines 120 and 120d (since we will have fuel consumption in GT). It doesn't bother me, just as long as they don't leave the 3-series E36 out.


They should have at least what GT2 had... I'm really hoping so...
 
I hope we aget lots of BMW's with that M badge on the back including old ones (80's M6 and previous gen M5 especially, from what hasn't been confirmed). I wont care much if some non M BMW's are missing if we have the M version of it

IMO the Z4 is a good looking car but the styling hasn't really worked with the 6 series or new M5. The M6 looks too ''fat'' and sluggish (it probably IS a capable car) it's hard to describe what i mean. The new M5 simply doesnt look as good as the last. However as for the 7 series i'd say it was an improvement.
 
It is possible for the M6 to make it into GT4 for America or Europe. Remember that the Acura RSX was added after the Japanese release of GT3. However if I had to take a guess on a car being added between the Japanese and American release, it'd have to be something Japanese that will be introduced at the North American Interational Auto Show at Detroit in January.
 
alexsteffen
In GT2 it took 6 weeks to create ONE car !!!!

It took at least 17 Hours in a room where the car was scanned by lasers.

And then they physics-creators and the art creators (for the mappings) started their work !

Now consider the big evolution between GT2 and the coming GT4 !!!!

Considering the amount of Polygons, the higher resolution and the detail level of the cars it will take at least 2 month to create a brilliant looking car with the real outfit and realistic driving physics.

And what about recording the sounds under all circumstances ! This takes days on closed race-tracks or airports !

"an hour" !!!!!! :dopey:


umm... yeah ok, but what does resolution have to do with programing a car? oh i know.. not a damn thing. but yeah, that hour guy is a tool :P
 
Majin SSJ Eric
Is it just me or has Chris Bangle completely ruined all of the great BMW's? The new 5 and 7 are attrocious (although the 6 is alright) and from what I've seen, the new 3 has taken a few whacks from the ugly stick as well! 👎

The last generation of 5s and 7s have been beautiful, esp 740iL and wagon 5's, *drools. I hope the current 3s don't suffer too much :(

VW's are starting to look nice. Beemers are starting to be atrocious... :grumpy:
 
VW's are starting to look like Audis. Sure, they're on the same platform, but do they have to look the same?
The Japanese brands start to appeal to me more because of the European influence.
 
Yeah, that's generally right 👍

Here's a small pic just for you :D

bmw5series0319sb.jpg


EDIT: Damn, cross-post :( You too are right about VW Starting to look like Audi
 
puricele7e
Yeah, that's generally right 👍

Here's a small pic just for you :D

EDIT: Damn, cross-post :( You too are right about VW Starting to look like Audi


*drool
 
Z1, one of the best BMW's ever made. Rare too. It's one of the only beemers I like.
 
Well what do you expect? Aren't VW and Audi part of the same company?
 
Yeah but they kinda have 2 different targets in my opinion, VW makes (or at least used to) cars for the avarage person, with not that much luxury and emotion, whereas Audi focuses on higher-statused persons with a bit more income :guilty:

These 2 members of the VAG Group were well defined in the 80's and 90's but now it seems that they'll blend together :(

Another thing, VW is NOT a people's car anymore.....sadly :dunce: I think they should change the name.......allthough I like it, they should change it
 
The M6 is a great car but wont be in gt4 (i think) because today i saw it for the first time in the netherlands in a carmagazine.
 
I think there's a good chance the M6 will be in. The new 3-series is in, isn't it? Why would BMW pass up including one of their finest cars in the game?
 
VW is still more like a "People's Car" deal. Audis don't come any cheaper, and name me a new Bentley that costs lower than six-figures? The New Beetle still costs cheap even if inflation has its way. If PD were nuts, they'd include that desert rally racing VW Touraeg. Speaking of desert rallies, Paris-Dakar is coming up! I applaud the courage of those racers being able to race their hearts out in the middle of nowhere.
 
JohnBM01
Forget Chris Bangle's styling. If some styling guy has to go, let it be someone in GM America. Cavalier - killed. Corvette - almost murdered. Aztek - a hot pink (a la Yashio Factory) Vitz/Yaris/Echo looks better than this. Newer Grand Prix - ****ed up. Forget Bangle. There's worse.

Another off-topic note, you're only a Junior Member because you post more than 50 or so replies. I'm "Distinguished" because I did more than 2,000 posts. So, there you have it Hombleracer.

Now ON topic, that BMW looks pretty cool. Could happen, could not happen. If you want it in, at least pray for it to be in.

Same here John. Same here. I actually like Bangle's design. The new 7 series with a certain wheel set on and in black looks great. But this older 7 series is still my favorite.

Black with these wheels...BMW 7 Series

I hope they don't redo the 8 series though. :scared:
 
If they dare touch the 8 series they'd get a lot of people against them. Especially with Bangle's styling. The 8 series is already a classic, bit 'camp', but a classic. I think the 6 series takes up the position of the 8 series in the current line-up.
 
Back