• 33 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
This is where we will track the progression of the Gran Turismo Sport daily races. Fastest times will also be recorded. Please use that 'Share' button to take screenshots. Feel free to discuss the combos in general as well.

Record times will be a great reference for people that want to see how they stack up on previous combos.

Looks like they're "weekly" rather than daily races starting out. The demo had combos change every day while the closed beta had them every three days. We may see PD altering the rotation schedule as time goes on - or until they find a preference. Starting from the game's launch, we're seeing the first round of Sport races go on until the following Tuesday, the 23rd.

Standard Settings -
BoP: Apply, Settings: Fixed, Fuel Consumption: None, Tire Wear: None, Number of Cars: 24, Start Type: Rolling Start.
Assume those are the settings used unless noted otherwise.

|Launch month October 16 - November 13th, 2017|

Set 1:
  • A - N300 @ Brands Hatch Indy (Garage Car *One Make: Civic Type R / 4 laps / Tuning Closed)
  • B - Gr. 4 @ Suzuka East (Competition Car/ 5 laps / Tuning Closed)
  • C - Gr.3 @ Northern Isle Speedway (Competition Car / 15 laps / Tuning Closed)
Duration: October 16th - 22nd
*October 19th adjustment during event changed car type from 'Garage Car' to a one-make, or "spec", race featuring the Civic Type R. This was done to counter unintended exploitation that would allow the BMW M4 to race and dominate the event.
Set 2:
  • A - N300 @ Kyoto Driving Park - Miyabi - (One Make: Lancer Evo '15 / 5 laps / Tuning Closed)
  • B - Gr.4 @ Dragon Trail (Garage Car / 4 laps / Tuning Open)
  • C - Gr.3 @ Maggiore GP (Garage Car / 5 laps / Tuning Open)
Duration: October 22nd - 25th
Set 3:
  • A - N200 @ Blue Moon Bay II (One Make: Mazda Atenza '15 / 4 Laps / Tuning Closed / 12 car limit)
  • B - Gr. 4 @ Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa (Garage Car / 4 Laps / Tuning Open / 12 car limit)
  • C - Gr. 3 @ Nürburgring GP (Garage Car / 10 Laps / Tuning open / 16 car limit / Fuel: 1x Tire Wear: 5x)
Duration: October 25th - 30th
*Note that this is the first set that changed car field limits from max of 24.
Set 4:
  • A - Audi TTS '14 @ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa II (One Make / 2 laps / Tuning Closed / 12 cars)
  • B - Gr.4 @ Maggiore GP II (Garage Car / 4 laps / Tuning Closed / 16 cars)
  • C - Gr.3 @ Suzuka (Garage Car / 8 Laps / Tuning Closed / 20 car limit / Fuel: 2x Tire Wear: 7x)
Duration: October 30th -​

The format for this post will change and be updated as time goes on. Please post new combos as soon as they're available to help keep this thread as up to date as possible.

Last edited:
Added this week's changes. Did anyone happen to grab screenshots of the fastest times in their region?

Good that the races are being updated. May need to look here because I don't play much, and would like to see what's new and of interest.

Alright. It's all up to date. Let me know if there's anything I'm missing.

New dailies starting today!

• A - Audi TTS '14 @ Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa II (One Make / 2 laps / Tuning Closed / 12 cars)
  • B - Gr.4 @ Maggiore GP II (Garage Car / 4 laps / Tuning Closed / 16 cars)
  • C - Gr.3 @ Suzuka (Garage Car / 8 Laps / Tuning Closed / 20 car limit / Fuel: 2x Tire Wear: 7x)
Going back to fixed setups for this set. I like their decision to switch between fixed and open, really shakes up the leaderboards.

This thread will also be staying quite busy now that the Dailies are going to be changing... daily.

Don't get too comfortable!

Here's my hotlap for Suzuka btw:

Last edited:
I’m really enjoying the new Group 4 combo. Maggiore GP II is a real challenging track, a few of the corners feel a bit awkward in the reverse direction but it’s a lot of fun when you get it right. I really enjoy that second left-right downhill chicane into the hard braking zone into the esses.

I even managed to get a pole and fastest lap with my Cayman for the first time since Suzuka East, unfortunately I choked early on and lost two places.

Also for the first time I saw a fellow GTPer, @J-PaP, out on track. Unfortunately we didn’t get to race head-to-head but cool nonetheless.

I’m really enjoying the new Group 4 combo. Maggiore GP II is a real challenging track, a few of the corners feel a bit awkward in the reverse direction but it’s a lot of fun when you get it right. I really enjoy that second left-right downhill chicane into the hard braking zone into the esses.

I even managed to get a pole and fastest lap with my Cayman for the first time since Suzuka East, unfortunately I choked early on and lost two places.

Also for the first time I saw a fellow GTPer, @J-PaP, out on track. Unfortunately we didn’t get to race head-to-head but cool nonetheless.

I jumped in not paying attention the tracks had changed. I was likely well behind and all over the track trying to learn the lines. Hope to get to race you again soon!

Actually your PSN is familiar. I think we may have raced a day or 2 ago

I jumped in not paying attention the tracks had changed. I was likely well behind and all over the track trying to learn the lines. Hope to get to race you again soon!
I had a pretty shocking race myself, to be honest, topping it off with a 9 second penalty for cutting the final corner by some margin. I slowed right down hoping the penalty system would go easy on me but it was to no avail.

Actually your PSN is familiar. I think we may have raced a day or 2 ago
Sounds about right, I’ve been racing just about every night for the past week.

"From October 31, we will be updating the Daily Race event content every day.
We also plan on adding long distance events into the mix to provide more fun content for our players.

We await your participation in the Daily Events!"

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8171798.html

I sort of liked having the events be up for a few days. It gave me a chance to improve on times and get a good understanding of a particular track.

Oh well I guess, new events every day is cool too.

I really hope they change the events every 3 days and not daily. Let us practise, learn the combos and race cleanly for a few days. With the current system the majority of players will race without any time for practise. As it is now if I have 2 hours for playing GT everyday, I can't actually learn and race normal in a day, and the next day all of my progress will be gone, and I will have to learn another combo, from zero.

The other solution I can think of is to let one of the three races rotate daily, the other every three days and keep the last up for a week.

I really hope they change the events every 3 days and not daily. Let us practise, learn the combos and race cleanly for a few days. With the current system the majority of players will race without any time for practise. As it is now if I have 2 hours for playing GT everyday, I can't actually learn and race normal in a day, and the next day all of my progress will be gone, and I will have to learn another combo, from zero.

The other solution I can think of is to let one of the three races rotate daily, the other every three days and keep the last up for a week.

>The other solution I can think of is to let one of the three races rotate daily, the other every three days and keep the last up for a week.

Yeah, that would be a more proper solution ;)

I hope they keep the tuning closed for the daily races.

Great idea for a thread though.

I think all races even if all suspension tuning is locked at a minimum that the rear end gear should be adjustable so that you could take advantage of the full range of the gearbox regardless of what car you are driving..

>The other solution I can think of is to let one of the three races rotate daily, the other every three days and keep the last up for a week.

Yeah, that would be a more proper solution ;)
This. If I had a vote I'd say this was moving in the right direction. Increase it to 6 events from 3, have 2 endurance events with tire wear and fuel consumption, perhaps 10-30 laps depending on the track. Two longer sprints of 5-10 laps and then 2 short sprints of 2-5 laps depending on the track. Keep the 2 sets of longer events up for a week and rotate the sprints every 3 or 4 days. I think the cleaner, more serious drivers will gravitate to the longer, more complicated races, and the punters will gravitate more towards the shorter sprints.

If you want clean racing, rotating all the races every day is the opposite of what you want to do.

"From October 31, we will be updating the Daily Race event content every day.
We also plan on adding long distance events into the mix to provide more fun content for our players.

We await your participation in the Daily Events!"

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/news/00_8171798.html
Maybe it's only for Brits (GB)...
Why the hell are they different?

Last edited:
2:12.8 in the Cayman around Lake Maggiore.

Only 4 seconds off of Top 10 which isn’t bad for me :)

The races have been hectic however, quite a few people dive-bombing the hairpins and using others as brakes (C/C).

The following seem to be the leaderboard cars for today’s event:
  • GT by Citroen
  • VW Scirocco
  • Nissan GT-R

Back