New Engine

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasterGT-R34
  • 14 comments
  • 726 views
Messages
98
I recently bought a 1989 Chevy Celeb And I want to put a new different engine in it can you all help me?

Also if anyone know any other mods I can do let me know please.
 
Oh boy... Just save the money for a whole different car, an engine swap requires lots of money, and more importantly, knowhow.

I'd just save up for a different car, unless it's very sentimental to you.

If you absolutely have to, what does it have?
 
I think your better off driving it off a cliff, the engine itself is going to probably cost as much or more than what your car is currently worth
marrty.jpg

One of chevys great FUBARS and not to be forgoten, at least you drive a chevy, good man:tup:
 
opendriver19a
I think your better off driving it off a cliff, the engine itself is going to probably cost as much or more than what your car is currently worth
marrty.jpg

One of chevys great FUBARS and not to be forgoten, at least you drive a chevy, good man:tup:[/qu

My Chevy looks almost exactly like that. I currently have a 2.5 fi 4Cly
 
I say LS7 swap. :) Take that baby to the track and watch people poop themselves.
 
Like noted before, drive her 'till she dies, and get something new...
 
i would think a chevy crate motor... check jegs.com or there catolouge (SP?)
im not really sure which one would work ( there are many crate motors) so do some research:sly:
 
If you absolutely must have a new motor, first: get one that will fit, and second: don't buy a crate. A 305 from a junkyard with a few minor bolt ons would outrun the cheapest 350 crate you can get.

But, as I said before: Drive the wheels off it, then buy a better car.
 
Well, I'd definitely stay away from every V8 mentioned in this thread so far. Its an fwd unibody thats comparable to the Cavaliers of its time. Even after the high price of the engine, you'd then have to shoe horn it into the engine bay, somehow make the drive train work for the car, and then reinforce the entire structure of the car itself. If you are too upgrade the engine at all, i'd look more into the 2.8 or 3.1 of that time. Depending on the car you get as a donor for it, you may even be able to transfer the entire driveline, which would make your job a lot easier, and bring the cost down quite a bit.

BUT...

Unless you know your way around an engine bay, which i'm assuming you don't since your asking us about an engine swap, i'd just drive it till she won't go anymore and send her for scrap. To pay for a new engine along with the install would atleast triple the price you paid for the car.

The only cheap way around doing an engine swap on this car would be to find a decent running engine in a crap car that is being sold for cheap (free-$500) and do the install yourself.

Sorry to ruin your dreams kiddo.
 
Listen to all of them, except socomplayer2. They're right. Amd I'm speaking a guy who has done 2 engine swaps.
 
Are you insane?


Wait, you must be for wanting to do an engine swap in that pile to begin with...
 
Hey I just thought that that no one would look for a Chevy Celeb with a Sr in it.👍 💡 :odd: :trouble:
 
My advice would be to drive that car to work and back saving money on gas and actually buy a car for modding. Old F-body or Foxbody would be very cheap to buy and very cheap to get some real good power from. There are Camaro/Firebird/Trans-Am and Ford 5.0 'stang aftermarket up the ying yang. $1000 for the car and $2000 in mods would make the car very fast.
 
Back