Weird bug in GT1 NTSC-J Version

• Thread starter ace_cross
  • 5 comments
United States
United States
Hi everyone,
Recently I have been having trouble with a frustrating issue in the Japanese version of Gran Turismo.
When I buy the Corvette Grand Sport '96 from the Chevy dealership, when I go to the tuning menu and select tires and switch my choice to racing slicks, the menu says I bought racing hard tires already when I didn't, and they appear in the pre-race tuning menu as well and are selectable. I don't know if this is some kind of memory card bug or the ROM becoming corrupted perhaps - I have tried starting a new save and disabling my cheats to no avail. I have used cheats on my previous save and I think this may have something to do with it. Please let me know if someone can help. Here are some pictures below. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_0251.jpeg
    IMG_0251.jpeg
    154.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0252.jpeg
    IMG_0252.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 7
Have you previously bought those tyres on another Corvette GS? Purchased parts are recorded per type of car in GT1, instead of per specific garage car like later games, so buying them once applies to any subsequent copies of the same car too, even if you sold the previous one.

Have you previously bought those tyres on another Corvette GS? Purchased parts are recorded per type of car in GT1, instead of per specific garage car like later games, so buying them once applies to any subsequent copies of the same car too, even if you sold the previous one.
This might be the case. I bought a Corvette GS and bought those tires (accidentally) when I meant to buy some racing softs for it and expected that it would be stock again if I reloaded a new save, thinking it would be like how it is in GT2 and later games. Any idea how to make the game think the car is completely new and stock again?

But this only seems to apply to the Corvette itself, since going on a new save and buying the same upgrades for the other cars in my garage is possible since the game didn’t seem to leave a record of them. I was planning on buying around 30-40 cars in my save game and maxing them all out, including the Corvette with this issue.

This might be the case. I bought a Corvette GS and bought those tires (accidentally) when I meant to buy some racing softs for it and expected that it would be stock again if I reloaded a new save, thinking it would be like how it is in GT2 and later games. Any idea how to make the game think the car is completely new and stock again?

If you didn't save the game at all after buying the tyres the first time, and immediately reloaded a save from before buying them, then they shouldn't still be owned.

If you want to re-equip the stock tyres, just enter a time trial or spot race and equip them in the setup menu.

Indeed, this seems to be that you've bought these tires on a Corvette GS before. The only upgrades that don't get recorded like this are the one-time upgrades, engine balance, weight reduction, the like.
That behaviour will be saved with your save data. I've a very old save where i've bought every car, eveery parts for them, so that i could quickly upgrade cars when making hybrids.
However, it'll be reset for a new save obviously.

Indeed, this seems to be that you've bought these tires on a Corvette GS before. The only upgrades that don't get recorded like this are the one-time upgrades, engine balance, weight reduction, the like.
That behaviour will be saved with your save data. I've a very old save where i've bought every car, eveery parts for them, so that i could quickly upgrade cars when making hybrids.
However, it'll be reset for a new save obviously.
I think it's because I saved after buying them, I'll try a clean save again and see what happens.

Back